Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-21-2019, 09:43 PM   #91
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Todd Phillips just came out today and said both the articles about the sequel and any other DC Films are speculation.

https://collider.com/joker-2-sequel-...todd-phillips/
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:47 PM   #92
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
So...the Question is the Answer?
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:01 AM   #93
SuperJ300
Zot

I think we should have a Joker and a Harley Quinn movie.

A closer in depth relationship between them. And still leave Batman out of the film.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:29 AM   #94
ukshaun
Hercules

Joker is packed with memorable scenes. One scene in particular that stood out more than others, is the moment Joker is seen walking down a hallway and making his way down some steps, dancing to the music Rock & Poll Part 2

With his white face, stringy hair, skinny body, wearing a suit with white socks, i got Michael Jackson vibes. MJ wore trade-mark white socks, was very skinny, had stringy hair, was diagnosed with the skin disorder vitiligo (which resulted in white patches on the skin) sometimes making MJ look like a clown.

I had wondered if the Joker scene in question was designed to cause controversy?

The use of the song Rock & Poll Part 2 has caused some controversy in some quarters because of the artist behind it. There has been suggestion it could be removed for home release, even although Gary Glitter won't get royalties from Joker. Personally, i thought the song fitted the moment perfectly.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:01 PM   #95
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The dancing / stairs scene is my favorite scene in the movie.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:31 PM   #96
ukshaun
Hercules

Oscars 2020: Joker leads pack with 11 nominations
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51090151

If i'm honest, i liked Joker and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood equally for different reasons. Joker is borderline depressing. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is outright entertainment.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:15 PM   #97
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Oscars 2020: Joker leads pack with 11 nominations
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51090151

If i'm honest, i liked Joker and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood equally for different reasons. Joker is borderline depressing. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is outright entertainment.
When this film was announced I don't know what would surprise me more, the money it made or the awards it is getting.

Hasn't been a commercial smash success and award darling like this in a while now.

I enjoyed OUaTiH too, I just warn people that it is atmospheric and a slow burn before the absolute bonkers last twenty minutes.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #98
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
When this film was announced I don't know what would surprise me more, the money it made or the awards it is getting.

Hasn't been a commercial smash success and award darling like this in a while now.

I enjoyed OUaTiH too, I just warn people that it is atmospheric and a slow burn before the absolute bonkers last twenty minutes.
OUaTiH is what it is, a slice of time based loosely on a certain period with trademark Quentin Tarantino touches. Slightly self indulgent, but great all the same. I assumed it was based on fact, but it's a work of fiction with some elements influenced on a certain set of events. Was the Bruce Lee scene fact or fiction?
Old 01-13-2020, 02:46 PM   #99
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
OUaTiH is what it is, a slice of time based loosely on a certain period with trademark Quentin Tarantino touches. Slightly self indulgent, but great all the same. I assumed it was based on fact, but it's a work of fiction with some elements influenced on a certain set of events. Was the Bruce Lee scene fact or fiction?
Fiction. This is reality through Tarantino lens, much like Django and Inglorious Basterds.

My favorite scene was the Manson compound. Tension was masterfully done.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:52 PM   #100
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Fiction. This is reality through Tarantino lens, much like Django and Inglorious Basterds.

My favorite scene was the Manson compound. Tension was masterfully done.
Was the Manson compound fiction also?
I liked to think the Bruce Lee scene was fact based on witness accounts - i guess not