Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-16-2020, 12:32 AM   #3671
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
This is a long, ridiculously perpetuated rumor.

If they didn’t want anything to do with Nightcrawler, he wouldn’t be in the comics. They have plenty of power over the comics since that entire round of bull$hit when they changed Scarlet Witch’s family history bc they didn’t own the movie right back then. Making a statue is an ownership rights issue, that’s also why it took forever for another Rogue to be made.
But owned by who? There is nothing unusual about Nightcrawler as a Marvel or X-men character. Created by Wein and Cockrum as were tons of other commonly licensed characters like Colossus and Storm.

There is some reason that Nightcrawler is being excluded from licensing. Iron Studios is a glaring example that was a hard no when asked. Do you have a more specific answer? I will happily take one over a rumor that seems like a stupid reason.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:02 AM   #3672
FJC
Midnighter

Misney owns all the rights to Nightcrawler now (comics & film). There's no reason to hold back on the character anymore.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:30 AM   #3673
Peedi
The Secret Six

Over the past year or so Nightcrawler has been used in everything else. I’m not sure why he doesn’t get statues but Marvel clearly has nothing against his exposure.

(Left of Spidey)

He’s been one of the most visible and used mutants since Hickman’s run began last year. And he’s on the Quiet Council at that.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:37 AM   #3674
Peedi
The Secret Six

And as far as his demonic appearance, it can’t be that either. For one, that’s an in story thing, he doesn’t look all that demonic compared to many other Marvel characters. And then you have Ghost Rider and his flaming head starring on Agents of Shield and in the main Avengers comic, and Helstrom, the Son of frickin Satan, has a whole TV show on the way. So I can’t see Marvel punishing Nightcrawler for his appearance. Especially since like I posted above, he’s used for anything else.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:38 AM   #3675
Peedi
The Secret Six

And as far as his demonic appearance, it can’t be that either. For one, that’s an in story thing, he doesn’t look all that demonic compared to many other Marvel characters. And then you have Ghost Rider and his flaming head starring on Agents of Shield and in the main Avengers comic, and Helstrom, the Son of frickin Satan, has a whole TV show on the way. So I can’t see Marvel punishing Nightcrawler for his appearance. Especially since like I posted above, he’s used for anything else.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:30 AM   #3676
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

dupe

Last edited by moyiori; 09-16-2020 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Dupe
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:30 AM   #3677
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

It all comes down to negotiation with Dave Cockrums wife, who they still need to pay for using the character, now that he's all over the place again, they may have worked something out cause Disney is wiling to pay.

She may still have statue approval rights, and statues take a while to get made so maybe we will see something next year or so.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:23 AM   #3678
FJC
Midnighter

Dave helped create Colossus, Storm, and even Black Cat. Sideshow released PFs of all those characters without issues. I don't see the problem in releasing a Nightcrawler PF. Does Dave own the rights to all those characters? I thought, back then, the company owned the rights to all the characters created by writers and artists. That was the whole reason Image Comics was formed in the '90s. So that creators could own the rights to the characters they created. If Rob Liefeld doesn't own the creative rights to Deadpool and Cable, how does Dave (or Patty since Dave died) own the rights to Nightcrawler? None of this makes sense.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:04 PM   #3679
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

They don't own the rights, but Marvel at the time i believe worked a deal so they had to pay them while using him in comics/merch/etc, makes sense or not Night crawler just falls under that one, probably the rest don't.

Besides it's boring to go over it, he's a big character if they are using him alot just a matter of time to get statues approved. Plus maybe there's other characters ahead of him right now to be made.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:04 PM   #3680
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Dupe

Last edited by moyiori; 09-16-2020 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Dupe