Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #541
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
It wasn't changed crimsin...just looked at some posts by Seng on facebook from Convention.
Hard to believe, but alrighty then. Made my day.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:54 PM   #542
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
XM if you are reading this please change the skin tone back to the way it was at STGCC. You'll make a lot of customers happy.
totally agree!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:59 PM   #543
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

That all reminds me to King of Queens.

Arthur Thanksgiving "NowThats A Yam!" and he gets the same back.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:21 PM   #544
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
Hard to believe, but alrighty then. Made my day.
I don't really believe it either.

I guess we will be forced to wait until either the next con, or official studio pictures go up. Who knows how long either of those will take.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:18 PM   #545
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
It's ridiculous how Radd Titan has so much sway when he doesn't even like Storm and tolerated the statue at best. Why is he being asked about what Storm should look like when he doesn't even care about the character?!

As for the red undertones, it showed up in his video and in still photos. And while other videos showed the red undertones, his showed them the most. So IMO XM needed to make a small change -- not this insane overkill change which in turn ruins the piece.
That was someones speculation, Radd Titan didn't say anything to XM about changing Storm. They loved the piece, and didn't say a bad word about it at STGCC.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:42 PM   #546
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
That was someones speculation, Radd Titan didn't say anything to XM about changing Storm. They loved the piece, and didn't say a bad word about it at STGCC.
Be careful next thing you know they will accuse you of doing some change to hulkbuster or predator or their display since you also took videos like radd titan.

Radd titan/group has as much power towards xm as ss listening to me about doing a Destro pf so I can finish my gi joe trinity.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:04 PM   #547
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The truth of the situation is that XM said they were going to make her darker. Now, it wasn't necessarily Radd Titan's suggestion, but it is implicitly stated in the below interview. So, a direct interview with one of the XM owners as well as the fact these new con pics show her a LOT darker is reason enough for everyone here to be worried. No one here is trying to cause drama, but we have legitimate concerns about this piece that we love and had hoped to purchase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8RsNU8Y1bk
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:26 PM   #548
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

I just personally spoke to Seng, and he said he didn't change the paint it's just the lighting.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:36 PM   #549
svoboda
Frackin!

A video I took at the SHCC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmfP-_D8-6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xGrzcMXSdc
(Storm starts at around 0:25)
svoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:53 PM   #550
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Ok guys. I'm not ordering Storm, but I want to make sure the majority of people are getting what they want when they order her. So I have a very serious question. Now that it's been confirmed that the paint has not been changed from STGCC, do you want the skin tone to be adjusted at all? Looking through the thread there were a lot of complaints about too much red. But then after the SHCC pics came out people are saying it was perfect and why did they change it. So I need to know what you want so that I can relay that to XM. Do you want the skin tone to stay the same as STGCC, or do you want it changed at all?

If you are not sure then check out my video of her from STGCC. I did a manual colour balance adjustment on my camera for my STGCC videos, so while no video can capture how a piece looks in person it's pretty damn close.
XM Studios Storm statue impressions STGCC 2017

Here are the initial reactions to the skin tone from this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Wow, she looks awful.

Gray hair, check
Yellow-tinted costume, check
Fluorescent yellow piping, check
Reddish skin, check
8-inch prostitute heels, check

Yep, XM has no clue what this character really looks like.
Quote:
Even her skin tone is wrong. The hair is too tendril-like and why can they make a comic accurate Phoenix and Dark Phoenix but Storm gets stuck with this weird gray ribbing on her torso?
Quote:
I have no problem with her skin being lighter than BP, my issue is how red it is. The entirety of the paint job is atrocious (the base looks good).
Quote:
And you're right, 'Roro isn't redbone (am I allowed to say that? I don't mean anything negative about it just a good way to describe her skin undertone in this paint). I don't care if they make her more mocha, chocolate, or whatever. Just not as dark as TChalla because she has always been a touch lighter.

Send her back to paints! While at it, flip flop the white and silver paneling on the suit. Perhaps Ang was concerned it was "too much white" and that's why her hair is gray. Easy fix is to swap the color scheme.
Quote:
Oh I agree it's a BEAUTIFUL statue. I love the pose, the art direction, her portrait (still not sure about the "laughing" one). The only concerns I still have is how her skin tone and hair look with the naked eye, but everybody seems to say the same -- she looks great in person and photographs differently

Can't wait to see your video!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Well, sorry I have to combat you two...two of my favorite peeps on the forum.

I think she is stunning....BUT...some things need to change.

1) Skin tone needs to be darker / chocolate tone.

2) Hair needs to be whiter. But remember how Black Cat hair turned out? So be careful what you ask for.

3) I love the pearl / silver / gold color tones. Could use a little more silver though.

Concept, pose, sculpt is exceptional.

I'll be honest...there are far better pieces at STGCC from XM than Storm that are female. Lady Thor, Lady Sif, Batgirl, Poison Ivy are all much more appealing.
Quote:
Dat a$$ and thighs on Ororo is perfect. But she does have a lot of red in her skin tone. A lot.
Quote:
Ok, so I'm willing to admit she looks FAR better in this particular video than anything else I've seen so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxYrd57e3K8
Quote:
I've completely changed my mind on her. The first batch of pics I saw looked horrible (reddish skin, gray hair and yellow tinted costume).

Luckily, those were just awful lighting. I've now seen enough pics/videos to know her true colors. I will be getting her. One of the biggest aspects I love is how her body sculpt and pose looks absolutely fabulous from all angles. There are umpteen display possibilities.