Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-06-2017, 11:33 PM   #561
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I appreciate you taking the time to actually ask someone at XM about the issue we were all having with the recent photos.
No problem, they are great about answering questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
Seriously ?? i'm so passionnate and over reacting with everyting...Are you really sure ??
Correct, Seng said she was not repainted.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:39 PM   #562
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
No problem, they are great about answering questions.

Correct, Seng said she was not repainted.
OK Thanks a loooot , i'm a fool ... So happy ...Love you XM !! this lighning or Non lightning is just totally ---- seriously what the *** how is this possible ..
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:06 AM   #563
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The truth of the situation is that XM said they were going to make her darker. Now, it wasn't necessarily Radd Titan's suggestion, but it is implicitly stated in the below interview. So, a direct interview with one of the XM owners as well as the fact these new con pics show her a LOT darker is reason enough for everyone here to be worried. No one here is trying to cause drama, but we have legitimate concerns about this piece that we love and had hoped to purchase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8RsNU8Y1bk
This^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
I talked a few minutes back with Seng and he said me there was no change on the skin coloring, the lighting is bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
All good, I was replying directly to Demona as she was under the impression that Radd Titan were the cause of Storm being repainted. Radd Titan are in the clear and Storm has not been repainted, so all is right in the world again
I suppose its settled then, thanks to everyone who helped get to the bottom of this, i've never seen such a dramatic change from lighting. Still hard to believe the tone hasn't been darkened looking at those photos.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:01 AM   #564
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Yeah, I've never seen anything like it. It must be some seriously crazy lighting. But I trust Seng 100% so if he says he didn't change the paint then it's not changed.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:13 PM   #565
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by svoboda View Post
A video I took at the SHCC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmfP-_D8-6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xGrzcMXSdc
(Storm starts at around 0:25)
The lighting is so bad in that video Wolverine looked yellow...

Damn...I just can't escape yellow and blue Wolverine to save my life....ARRRGGGHGH!!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #566
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Classic. that gave me a good laugh. I needed that in the midst of this storm.
I never said Radd titan said anything about changing storm, in the video they in fact showed nothing but praise. I suppose i worded my answer to Northerns question of 'do they really only listen to a tiny subset of particular customers' wrong.

What i was saying was Radd titans group or audience likely are some of those who have an influence on certain design decisions XM may or may not make. As RT content is mostly xm, i would imagine RT has a large fanbase of XM collectors/customers. It only makes sense that RT(among others) become a medium for expressing customer concern.

Now my speculation is that their videos(which i'm sure they shared in their group) make storm look quite red, which i could see prompting some to raise this concern to make storm "less red" admittedly there are photos too but their videos make storm look the reddest from what i've seen.
Couldn't be further from the truth...RT covers everything. I would say the majority of people in the facebook group are pro SS 1st...bunch of pansies IMO (I'm saying this jokingly btw)...followed by XM and Prime 1 lovers equally. Hell, there may be more Prime 1 lovers now that I think about it.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:07 PM   #567
WolverineFan
I am da law!

So I was just thinking this, most of the x-men characters released have all had sentinel bases, Magneto, Wolverine, Phoenix, Cable and Storm has no hint of one which I find odd. Now I’m not complaining about the current base because it fits the character perfectly but I just find it odd. Does nyone know if they are abandoning the sentinel bases now?
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:48 AM   #568
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Couldn't be further from the truth...RT covers everything. I would say the majority of people in the facebook group are pro SS 1st...bunch of pansies IMO (I'm saying this jokingly btw)...followed by XM and Prime 1 lovers equally. Hell, there may be more Prime 1 lovers now that I think about it.
Stating that the majority of people in their Facebook group are pro SS has nothing to do with what i’m talking about. Again maybe wrong wording in saying “mostly xm”, what i’m saying is out of everyone who covers xm, they cover xm the most, they go the most in-depth, they have the most xm related content on their page from what i’ve seen(nothing wrong with that).

Which lead to my assumption that RT has one of the larger XM followings, not that they’re anti-SS, anti-P1 or that they don’t like, cover or have an interest in other companies.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:33 PM   #569
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Storm's actual skin tone, in case anyone is wondering:

I think this statue is spot on...especially the portrait shown above.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:36 PM   #570
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Perfect!
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote