Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 10-13-2015, 04:37 PM   #41
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

He did use the short chain in the first Castlevania, so the short chain used on the statue is legit. Don't you guys remember? The whip could be twice upgraded. Belmont starts with his regular leather Vampire Killer. Then it could be upgraded to boost it's attack damage (making it into a short chain Vampire Killer). Then it could be upgraded one last time to lengthen it.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:54 PM   #42
BLADES OF STEAL
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I keep staring at the pics. This came out fantastic.
BLADES OF STEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:59 PM   #43
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I don't think Castlevania is ever going to be a game I'll immortalise with a statue. It was always about the pixel art, music and adventure. A statue can never capture that.

This statue isn't bad, it just doesn't mean much to me. There's a tonne load of statues that don't mean anything to me that are a hell of a lot better than this. I love the various dark-fantasy creatures that fill Castlevania and their many origins of inspiration, which is why I'm better off focusing on Court of the Dead.
Sounds like you arent much of a Castlevania fan in the first place.

Some of these comments about the chain, are really telling of how old some of you are. lmao!! The morning star was used as an upgrade. It went from vampire killer, upgraded into a smaller chain whip, and then another upgrade to a longer morningstar chain whip.

IMO, the Castlevania series died when they decided to take a major change in direction after Super Castlevania 4, with a downgrade of Symphony of the Night. Dont get me wrong, SOTN was good. But I felt we'd have an evolved series up to this day if they kept with consistency of the first 4 games. I loved the last two Lords of Shadows games. It felt more like a Castlevania, a feeling I hadnt had since the originals. The first Castlevania: LOS was a masterpiece. And very close to what Castlevania should have been a long time ago.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #44
AlizAbef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post

Some of these comments about the chain, are really telling of how old some of you are. lmao!! The morning star was used as an upgrade. It went from vampire killer, upgraded into a smaller chain whip, and then another upgrade to a longer morningstar chain whip.

IMO, the Castlevania series died when they decided to take a major change in direction after Super Castlevania 4, with a downgrade of Symphony of the Night. Dont get me wrong, SOTN was good. But I felt we'd have an evolved series up to this day if they kept with consistency of the first 4 games. I loved the last two Lords of Shadows games. It felt more like a Castlevania, a feeling I hadnt had since the originals. The first Castlevania: LOS was a masterpiece. And very close to what Castlevania should have been a long time ago.
Good call dude. I forgot that it was called the morning star. I have a question...for those of you who've already placed an online order through First4, when do they ask you for your credit card information? I'm about to submit an order for this, but I'm at the part where I'm about to hit the 'place my order' button; however, First4 has not asked me for my credit card information yet. All they've asked me for so far was my billing information. Should I hit the button anyway?
Old 10-13-2015, 05:22 PM   #45
qz33
Rescue

Yeah it is the very last thing.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:30 PM   #46
AlizAbef

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah it is the very last thing.
Thanks man!
Old 10-13-2015, 06:13 PM   #47
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
I'm one of the biggest but I stopped following when it went 3D.

Just because I'm a Castlevania fan and a statue collector, doesn't mean I have to buy this...

Batman is my favourite comicbook hero but I don't own a statue of him because I don't like any enough. Think of how many different statues of him are available.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:03 PM   #48
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I'm one of the biggest but I stopped following when it went 3D.

Just because I'm a Castlevania fan and a statue collector, doesn't mean I have to buy this...

Batman is my favourite comicbook hero but I don't own a statue of him because I don't like any enough. Think of how many different statues of him are available.
If you're one of the biggest then I assume that means you played all the handheld games right? Because that is a good half of the game's entire legacy and some of its finest games.

The franchise has always been known for its art direction and music. When they changed the main artist to be Kojima, it became legendary for its unique blend of Japanese style and classic Gothic art. A statue of it therefore is a no brainer.

That being said, this isn't based on Kojima's Simon, but still based on Simon nonetheless, and he's an icon of gaming history.

I understand you don't want the statues of it, but I really don't get your logic here or why you're posting it. There are plenty of Batman statues that capture everything one would want from Batman. Likewise, this is basically a perfect statue of Simon from Super Castlevania IV. You might just be really picky, or extremely stingy.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:23 PM   #49
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Don't mean to derail the thread from the statue, but has anyone here been following the upcoming game by former Castlevania series producer, Koji Igarashi? It's called "Bloodstained:Ritual of the Night" and it's going to be a spiritual successor to the Castlevania series. He also recruited some of the series' veterans to work on the game. It was one of the highest funded games in Kickstarter history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloods...l_of_the_Night

Considering Konami is a shadow of its former self, it may be a long time before we see another true Castlevania game so I'm looking forward to this.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:51 PM   #50
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I never trust those spiritual successor sob story kickstarter games. If it turns out great, I'll pick it up. Otherwise, I can do without it. Igarashi acts like he is the sole reason why Castlevania is legendary, but in reality he was only a part of the SOTN and the games after it, and was of course part of much bigger teams filled with great people.

Castlevania is my favorite franchise and my favorite thing about it is that it had an incredible run from NES all the way to Nintendo DS with something like a 90% amazing game track record. No other franchise lasted that long with that many games and had them all be great like that. A lot of people constantly beg Konami for new Castlevania games, but the franchise has so many I don't see the point.

I do like the art style for Bloodstained and the character design though.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote