Old 01-23-2019, 02:13 PM   #2371
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
If the “spoiler” you’re all referring too is what I think it is
Spoiler
Sansa relinquishing control of Winterfell
I didn’t see it as being a big deal. If that’s not it then I clearly missed it and will likely avoid trailers going forward.
Yep, that was it. And while I always hoped/knew it would happen...I wanted to watch it in context and enjoy the pure moment of it all.

I can't frickin wait til Dani and Jon figure out they are related. The irony of them fighting a family because of incest, yet banging/loving each other is too great to me.

And I so hope I'm right about Bran being the Night King.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:25 PM   #2372
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Yep, that was it. And while I always hoped/knew it would happen...I wanted to watch it in context and enjoy the pure moment of it all.

I can't frickin wait til Dani and Jon figure out they are related. The irony of them fighting a family because of incest, yet banging/loving each other is too great to me.

And I so hope I'm right about Bran being the Night King.
Why would Dany fight incest? She is the byproduct (her parents Aerys II and Rhaella were siblings) of it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:29 PM   #2373
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yes, but now it is taboo. Hence why the Lannister spawn (as in all three of the dead kids) are so reviled. It's constantly used as an insult to them and is evil. The High Sparrow held Cersei accountable for that SHAME!

I think people starting realizing that inbreeding drove people "mad" and it came out of Seven Kingdoms fashion to reproduce with your relatives.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:41 PM   #2374
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Yes, but now it is taboo. Hence why the Lannister spawn (as in all three of the dead kids) are so reviled. It's constantly used as an insult to them and is evil. The High Sparrow held Cersei accountable for that SHAME!

I think people starting realizing that inbreeding drove people "mad" and it came out of Seven Kingdoms fashion to reproduce with your relatives.
It has always been taboo in Westeros. It nearly cost the Targaryens everything multiple times after Aegon's conquest such as the Faith Militant Uprising during Aenys I reign. If anyone would be fine with it though, it would be Dany who has multiple layers of incest in her past.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:42 PM   #2375
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’m rewatching from the very beginning. Man, I loved Ned Stark.
This show is just so damn great.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:25 PM   #2376
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Same, I've got me, my wife, my youngest sister and oddly my mom all hooked on it, every year we've run a marathon before the new season. It never gets easier, we're half way through season 3 now, trying to do 4-5 episodes a weekend to be bang on for the new season!
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:31 PM   #2377
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
I'd love to see more young Ned, particularly after being thrust into the role of Lord of Winterfell when Rickard and Brandon were executed by Aerys.

Also, in terms of casting Sean Bean gets my vote for perfect casting on the show.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #2378
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
We also are re-watching from the beginning and there is no doubt it is one of the all time great shows but one of the things that made it great and is lost on the second viewing is the shocking surprise of what happens to many of the characters.

On the plus side I am better able to follow the references to other times and wars and characters prior to the show's time than I was on the first viewing.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:47 PM   #2379
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
I considered doing this at the beginning of this year, but my TV time is limited so the majority of it would have been spent on Game of Thrones for almost four months. I couldn't commit to that when I have so many other shows waiting in my queue.

The same goes for rewatching all of Downton Abbey before the movie in September. So much good TV these days, not enough time.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:26 PM   #2380
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Bumping this in preparation for tomorrow/Monday.

Also I finished binging season 6. I still give the entire season a 10/10. I’ve watched the season 3 times now and I always get caught up in Battle of the Bastards, forgetting the finale is also awesome. Oh Cersei how I know I should hate you, but I just can’t.