Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-24-2018, 02:24 PM   #2191
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Maybe the got copyright problems with the name Fireball ?
I need closer pictures of the new head/face. Can not say if its better or worser now?!
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #2192
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
Maybe the got copyright problems with the name Fireball ?
I need closer pictures of the new head/face. Can not say if its better or worser now?!
They are still using the name Fireball, Aka: Fireball

I prefer the new portrait. It's not new as such, as it was shown ages ago. It does look different compared to the original, which had a slight Indian vibe going on.

I cannot work out how the crash helmet attaches. I'm assuming the hair is removable? or there are two portraits? which is unlike Gentle Giant
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:56 PM   #2193
dechirico7
The Flash

This piece shouldn't be $600.
I think they know that so they give the stupid coupon offer.
I %&$@ING POed her, but I am not happy about it, lol.

I am just happy to be finishing this line.
I have zero interest, at this time, in the two new girls.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:05 PM   #2194
mars
The Spirit

Yes it appears you do get a second head and plus as they say on their their website for honey trap Junior...

This multimedia statue also features a tutu made of real tulle fabric.

How the statue displays is up to you:...

mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:24 PM   #2195
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
This piece shouldn't be $600.
I think they know that so they give the stupid coupon offer.
I %&$@ING POed her, but I am not happy about it, lol.

I am just happy to be finishing this line.
I have zero interest, at this time, in the two new girls.
Prime 1 and XM want $900+ for a 1/4 scale

If you take into account the $100 discount and the direction Sideshow 1/4 PF prices are heading in, not to mention the amount of plastic Sideshow are adding in for the form of Boots, hands etc, Gentle Giant tend to use as little plastic as possible. Sure the Fireball crash-helmet will be plasic and the tutu fabric, but i imagine the rest will be cast stone-resin. The quality of weapons (guns, swords etc) Gentle Giant make tend to be higher quality compared to Sideshow. The Walking Dead Michonne came with an actual metal sword
Old 08-24-2018, 04:47 PM   #2196
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Prime 1 and XM want $900+ for a 1/4 scale

What 1/4 scale P1 pieces is over $900?

If you take into account the $100 discount and the direction Sideshow 1/4 PF prices are heading in, not to mention the amount of plastic Sideshow are adding in for the form of Boots, hands etc, Gentle Giant tend to use as little plastic as possible. Sure the Fireball crash-helmet will be plasic and the tutu fabric, but i imagine the rest will be cast stone-resin. The quality of weapons (guns, swords etc) Gentle Giant make tend to be higher quality compared to Sideshow. The Walking Dead Michonne came with an actual metal sword
P1 and XM pieces are in a whole different league. Their pieces are way larger. They have huge bases, multiple switchouts...

Sideshow pieces are more comparable. But they also do ornate, sculpted bases. Not just an acrylic base. The tutu fabric, tulle, should cost close to nothing. Tulle is to fabric, like carnations are to flowers. Really too bad they cut the sculpted skirt.

Their guns are ok. I wouldn't say they are any better than guns on my other pieces. The metal swords are nice, but other companies are also utilizing metal swords and blades.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:14 PM   #2197
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
P1 and XM pieces are in a whole different league. Their pieces are way larger. They have huge bases, multiple switchouts...

Sideshow pieces are more comparable. But they also do ornate, sculpted bases. Not just an acrylic base. The tutu fabric, tulle, should cost close to nothing. Tulle is to fabric, like carnations are to flowers. Really too bad they cut the sculpted skirt.

Their guns are ok. I wouldn't say they are any better than guns on my other pieces. The metal swords are nice, but other companies are also utilizing metal swords and blades.
XM Studio's Ms Marvel and Sideshow's Captain Marvel are the same size as each other. Both are 1/4. There is a price difference, and the XM piece weighs more. Both came with 2x portraits. There is a price difference, and the XM piece looks slightly more polished. Sideshow did an amazing job creating something almost on par with XM for a lower price point.

That said, as most will agree, Sideshow are known to be hit and miss with production pieces. Their prototypes tend to look great.

I own a number of Gentle Giant pieces, and i like the fact that their pieces required little to no assembly. The GG quality of their 1/4 pieces is excellent. Maybe if they did supply fancy bases, that would push the price up to $900+
Old 08-24-2018, 06:29 PM   #2198
dechirico7
The Flash

I should just be happy that she finally went up for order.
I love the portrait options.
I like the helmet head with the visor up. The eyes look great.

My concern is... she has no release date.

I agree about the "Junior" name. I guarantee, no girl/ woman would want to be called Junior.
I don't care how much of a tomboy you are. I am a tomboy, obviously, lol. And I would hate it.
Old 08-25-2018, 03:01 AM   #2199
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I should just be happy that she finally went up for order.
I love the portrait options.
I like the helmet head with the visor up. The eyes look great.

My concern is... she has no release date.

I agree about the "Junior" name. I guarantee, no girl/ woman would want to be called Junior.
I don't care how much of a tomboy you are. I am a tomboy, obviously, lol. And I would hate it.
I'm happy Gentle Giant put Fireball up for order
I like to like the piece will ship within the next year.

It would be great if Brexit went up for pre order within 6 months
Old 08-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #2200
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

The name "Junior Dos Ochos" never made sense. I get that her race number is 88, but the Junior part is just odd. Wasn't there a bio written on HT girls on?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote