Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Friends of Northstar

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #9481
malkii
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Location: Somewhere you have never been, nor do you want to go...
good morning everyone...
Old 07-01-2008, 08:44 AM   #9482
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Morning. FON!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #9483
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Hey guys, how's it hanging? I haven't been on much recently.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:51 AM   #9484
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Today is a new day, Jess! Perhaps it will be drama-free! :tounge:

How've you been?
Old 07-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #9485
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

You guys had drama? I can't believe it.

I'm good, thanks. We have a PS3, bizarrely, because my wife fell in love with the karaoke game Singstar. And when your wife asks if we can have a PS3, well...

We had friends over this weekend, and were singing away to the wee small hours.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #9486
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDH View Post
You guys had drama? I can't believe it.

I'm good, thanks. We have a PS3, bizarrely, because my wife fell in love with the karaoke game Singstar. And when your wife asks if we can have a PS3, well...

We had friends over this weekend, and were singing away to the wee small hours.
Hah. We got our PS3 because Jim had landed on it as the best Blu-Ray player available. When he mentioned buying one, it was all I could do to remain nonchalant as I agreed with him. (I had to be careful...if he'd gotten wind that I was more interested in the games than the movies, it would never have happened.) So now, I've my PS3, Jim has the best Blu-Ray player out, and everyone is happy. (Especially me, who gets to play Hot Shots Golf now, which I LOVE.)

Karaoke is -only- fun with friends and booze. And doing it in the privacy of your own home shows a remarkable amount of consideration for your fellow man. But, congrats on gettting the wife to cave on the new game system!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:09 AM   #9487
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

I'm not a huge gamer, due to (a) being a bit rubbish and (b) tending to spend spare time on things like drawing, football and, er, here. But I do like a good driving game and shooting zombies and other horrific creatures. So I've picked up GT5 Prologue (which is incredible) and F.E.A.R. which I haven't had much time with yet, but looks good. The BluRay and the fact it has fun games like Singstar and Buzz for my wife made it the right machine to get. We've just completed 10 years together, and have our 5th wedding anniversary coming up, so it's our joint present for all that.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:17 AM   #9488
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Oh, I'm terrible at most video games. Which is why I play games like Hot Shots and Lego Indiana Jones, which are fun and don't require that you're some sort of gaming prodigy to play. (Darned young people these days, with their hip-hop and video games!) I also enjoyed playing Bully, which I had only read about before that.

I'm considering picking up the Hulk game and the Iron Man game. But, if it comes down to a choice, it'll be Hulk first. (I love destroying environments!)

I prefer the SIM games, myself. Where you can set the autonomy of the avatars, then just be like God and nudge them from time to time. It's less visceral-feeling, but it is a lot of fun. I'm looking more and more forward to the release of Spore.

Congrats on your dual anniversary! Jim and I just passed the five-year mark last week.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:25 AM   #9489
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Congrats on that!

I've tried other types of games in the past (mainly on my old XBOX) but ended up tiring of them quickly. I'm concentrating on stuff I know I like on this one, because PS3 games are expensive!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #9490
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Man. This place is dead. No Jono, no Scott, no Jase...no one hangs around here anymore. (Mike I can understand being gone, since he's all in the middle of a move this week.)

Jono, where are you?
Closed Thread