Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-30-2015, 12:15 AM   #41
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I agree with nmbr3. These pieces are too dynamic to keep in their boxes. I would like to actually print out cards of the art to display along side the bishoujos or even behind them. I have tried leaving one or two in the box and it doesn't allow you to fully view the piece.
Lol I wanted to do this for everything I own but never got to it. Imagine cutting out the art from the boxes that would be so bad to do but look so nice and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
Thanks, i don't have all of them like Xerocals amazing collection but the pics should help you with some display ideas.

The black & grey Batman is actually 1/6 & the majority of my Batverse collectibles are displayed in the glass cabinet as a centerpiece (plus they're notorious dust magnets haha).
Yes these bishoujos have to go on a nice display It really brings these little statues out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I have all mine on a big bookshelf and hate that I can't see them fully. One of these days i will get to an Ikea.
Agreed I'm looking now, never thought I would ever buy any but for these its a must. This is the only way I will take them out of the boxes. I'm looking at the sizes and prices online. I need something T&A I can move if need be. Is ikea fair prices for glass displays or is it cheaper online for the same kinds of things? Maybe Amazon or ebay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayato1381 View Post
I figure since this seems to be the hot topic in this forum, I would show off how I have my Bishoujo's and other Kotobukiya stuff displayed. Excuse the pictures for being kind of blah, couldn't get the iPhone to cooperate. BEHOLD!!!

I have 28 Bishoujo's (29 when Red She-Hulk arrives) and any I don't have, I don't want, or can't afford (Liara and Power Girl, looking at you) So basically this is the main shelf I keep them on. I try to keep them in basic themes per shelf, (So Avengers/Marvel, Batman, X-Men, and Movie Properties). And whichever is the newest statue gets the topself (so just got She-Hulk, so Avengers are top...I am insane, I know). Oh, and Street Fighter is up top. Black shelf is from Target.

Whatever doesn't have enough for a themed shelf, gets put under the tv and on the speakers. Cause I have too many.

The Avengers ArtFX+ and Deadpool ArtFX+ statues are over on top of my Graphic Novel shelf.

While the DC ArtFX+ statues are in a smaller shelf. Shelf is also from Target. And there you go. Boxes are stored in my closet or under my bed. Eventually to be put downstairs in plastic crates for storage and safe keeping. Hope you enjoyed this look at my madness. And that it gives anyone on the fence about displaying their statues an idea of what to do. Oh, and the lights are those Energizer push lights you normally use to stick on walls and places to have lighting for power outages and the like. All my stuff was fairly cheap and works for me. Dust is an issue, but you got to dust the rest of the stuff in the room at some point, why not them. Thanks for looking.
Wow you have a great collection! The lights is a great idea. Power girl is still affordable now. If you're willing to trade I would trade you mine misb mint one for another one of your bishoujo.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:17 AM   #42
Ayato1381
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
Cool room & collectibles display, Ayato1381! Do you have other statues from other companies? If yes, you can start a solo thread & share them in the Collection Corner as well http://www.statueforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=134
Thank you my friend. I do not have statues from any other companies. I am a tad loyal to Kotobukiya. Also try to stick to only a few lines, since money doesn't grow trees I am told, HA!! Just Bishoujo's that I like and ArtFX+ statues that I like. The rest of my collections are WWE figures and Funko Mystery Mini's. Not as exciting or statues, HEH!!
Ayato1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:22 AM   #43
Ayato1381
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Wow you have a great collection! The lights is a great idea. Power girl is still affordable now. If you're willing to trade I would trade you mine misb mint one for another one of your bishoujo.
Thanks my friend. Every time I look up Power Girl on eBay, she is going for nearly 200 bucks. That is cash I do not have at the moment. A trade you say? Would greatly depend on the statue you had your eye on my friend and my willingness to trust a stranger, scary, HA!!!
Ayato1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:32 PM   #44
Canadaguy705
Sailor Moon

Power Girl is actually one of my top 3 favourite Bishoujos!

get her! No matter the cost! lol
Canadaguy705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:20 PM   #45
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadaguy705 View Post
Power Girl is actually one of my top 3 favorite Bishoujos!

get her! No matter the cost! lol
Oh yes, the statue is a killer. She's one of my favorite bishoujo's for sure. One of the top 3, I would say. I wonder if they will ever make a male characters in the same Japanese style in the same scale to go with these. I don't want cute males, but I do want Japanese style art male characters like the x-men vs sf etc. They were all so cool looking mixed American and Japanese art styles. Keep the pics coming!
Old 07-05-2015, 02:38 PM   #46
R3DH3R0
Doh!

Maybe the wrong thread, but looking to replace my x-23 bishoujo, but weary of buying one... Any known fakes I should be aware of.

Going to post a pic of my latest soon!
R3DH3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:57 PM   #47
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3DH3R0 View Post
Maybe the wrong thread, but looking to replace my x-23 bishoujo, but weary of buying one... Any known fakes I should be aware of.

Do t know of any fakes? Unless maybe the China unpainted models like these? What's wrong with your x-23?
Old 07-05-2015, 11:10 PM   #48
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3DH3R0 View Post

Don't buy from Asia. Just stick to the US. If people provide actual manufacturer packaging, you are fine.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:15 PM   #49
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Agreed I'm looking now, never thought I would ever buy any but for these its a must. This is the only way I will take them out of the boxes. I'm looking at the sizes and prices online. I need something T&A I can move if need be. Is ikea fair prices for glass displays or is it cheaper online for the same kinds of things? Maybe Amazon or ebay?
I would recommend visiting an actual Ikea. Their shipping for display cases is crazy expensive due to how heavy the units are.

You can also check out Craigslist for glass cabinets and store displays.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:37 PM   #50
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

You have a fantastic collection!!

I really wished I would have picked up the Rogue, Scarlet Witch and regular Emma when they were first released.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote