Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 01-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #1
Jameshowlett
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Replacement claw for Bowen FS Logan??

Anyone know how or if I coudl go about obtaining a replacement claw for a BD Logan FS? I have a chance to get one for 100.00 with no claw, Your help would be very appreciated.
Jameshowlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

yeah man, i thought about that too for the same auction but had no clue so i gave up on it. i think someone if not you has already purchased it.
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #3
Jameshowlett

You guessed it! LOL I jumped on the BIn when I saw it and didn't realize that it was damaged. But the seller says she'll refund my $$ since its not just missing, but actually broke at the knuckle. I asked if there were any part of the hand that broke with the claw so I'm waiting to hear back.
I honestly don't know what to do. Its the back claw, and for 100.00 ..its very tempting .
I'm thinking of shooting a few emails to Ray and BD, maybe they have a replacement claw?
What do you think Tony?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:34 PM   #4
High Lord Apocalypse

first off the buy it now i thought was $120.00. for $100.00 i would've bought it for sure no doubt. i noticed that the seller lowered the bin from 140 to 120.

1.if you have any action figure wolvie or can buy one, maybe you can cut out the claw with a hobby knife and shape it to the about the right size and glue it in.

or

2. you can buy a small pack of sculpey lll (the ones you get for around $1.00) and use a hobby knife to make it about the right size and through it in the oven at the right temp, spraypaint and glue.

or

3.almost the same as option 1. it doesn't have to be a claw, you can buy a character that has a sword (like psylocke,silver samurai or non marvel toys that have a sword) or any action figure that has a flat surface on some part of the character or diorama and just cut it out and fine tune with an exacto or hobby knife, paint and glue.

thats all i can think of for now. i'm a very lazy guy so even that was a lot for me. i hope that helps.all those options at most will cost you $10.00 more for a statue that usually goes for around $100 more than what you'll get it for.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:38 PM   #5
Underdog07
Hercules

I almost jumped on it as well. I have bought from the seller before. Seems to be a stand up individual.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
Jameshowlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
first off the buy it now i thought was $120.00. for $100.00 i would've bought it for sure no doubt. i noticed that the seller lowered the bin from 140 to 120.

1.if you have any action figure wolvie or can buy one, maybe you can cut out the claw with a hobby knife and shape it to the about the right size and glue it in.

or

2. you can buy a small pack of sculpey lll (the ones you get for around $1.00) and use a hobby knife to make it about the right size and through it in the oven at the right temp, spraypaint and glue.

or

3.almost the same as option 1. it doesn't have to be a claw, you can buy a character that has a sword (like psylocke,silver samurai or non marvel toys that have a sword) or any action figure that has a flat surface on some part of the character or diorama and just cut it out and fine tune with an exacto or hobby knife, paint and glue.

thats all i can think of for now. i'm a very lazy guy so even that was a lot for me. i hope that helps.all those options at most will cost you $10.00 more for a statue that usually goes for around $100 more than what you'll get it for.
Thats alll??!! (sarcasm)LOL Thanks! Those are all great ideas. It was at 120.00, but she said that she had put in the description that it was missing, but she checked and offered to give it me $20.00 off or full refund since its broken at the surface.
I'm gonna do it.You gave me the push I needed.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #7
High Lord Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameshowlett View Post
Thats alll??!! (sarcasm)LOL Thanks! Those are all great ideas. It was at 120.00, but she said that she had put in the description that it was missing, but she checked and offered to give it me $20.00 off or full refund since its broken at the surface.
I'm gonna do it.You gave me the push I needed.
yeah man, go for it. if i wan't such a lazy bastid i'd have done it myself. if you think about it, its really not that hard to do. glad i could be of help.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #8
risingstar
Jedi Order

Why would you want to buy a damaged statue? The broken part is likely the only part you'll notice every time you look at it.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #9
Rudy
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I got one with exactly the same problem from a friend for 70 there was only one claw missing though (and no box). I used one of the claws of my another friends broken wolvie bust and it fit nicely. Well its true that the only part you notice will be the broken part everytime you look at it but for the price its better than not having it at all. I am sure you will be happy with it as I am with mine.
Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:08 PM   #10
Jameshowlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Why would you want to buy a damaged statue? The broken part is likely the only part you'll notice every time you look at it.

I was thinking just the opposite. I've allways wanted a Logan but never would shell out the 180.00 -230.00 for it.
He's missing a claw, does that make the rest of the statue less awesome? The resale value is down the toilet but I didn't buy for that.