Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-18-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
doom__1
A day without sunshine is like... night.

where are all the good pages at???

Hi all, not been on here as of late, school kicking my butt, but I have noticed that good pages (not the 20k type) but the $200-1k variety has been thin. Nothing on ebay, not a lot new on CAF. seems like dr doom and Thanos pages are rare now? Are people holding onto them because the values are down, market has dried up? Is this the same with other characters you guys collect? of course I better be careful what I wish for ( I am still saving for a plasma-waiting until after Black Friday when prices should drop)
Just wondered if was just the guys I collect or this is a trend across the board. talk to you all later.....DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
doom__1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:12 PM   #2
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Well, there's not a lot of new Thanos or Doom stuff coming out these days, so it stands to reason that there isn't going to be as much stuff popping up for them compared to Spidey, Hulk, Thor, Superman, Batman....
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I'm having the opposite problem. Way too much art I want is available at the same time.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:35 PM   #4
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

My assumption is Thanos and Dr. Doom are bought up like gangbusters, given their respective popularities.

Every time they're used in a new storyline, and posted on CAF etc., someone's bound to jump on top of buying them immediately.

Case in point.. myself and two other people own most of the pages of Hulk art with Caiera on them... and we're purposely keeping a fourth party from buying any more, as he's trying to own them ALL... So it's an alliance against him (which seems weird, but it makes sense as he's buying them to own them, rather than out of appreciation of the comic/story/creators.. by his own admission).. so...pages of Planet Hulk are hard to come by because of it.

Aaron Lopresti, one of the artists of the Planet Hulk series, is getting a kick out of it.. I keep in regular contact with him, and Carlo Pagulayan to a lesser degree.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:37 PM   #5
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
My assumption is Thanos and Dr. Doom are bought up like gangbusters, given their respective popularities.

Every time they're used in a new storyline, and posted on CAF etc., someone's bound to jump on top of buying them immediately.

Case in point.. myself and two other people own most of the pages of Hulk art with Caiera on them... and we're purposely keeping a fourth party from buying any more, as he's trying to own them ALL... So it's an alliance against him (which seems weird, but it makes sense as he's buying them to own them, rather than out of appreciation of the comic/story/creators.. by his own admission).. so...pages of Planet Hulk are hard to come by because of it.

Aaron Lopresti, one of the artists of the Planet Hulk series, is getting a kick out of it.. I keep in regular contact with him, and Carlo Pagulayan to a lesser degree.
it's time let another Hulk brother into the mix!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #6
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

My mailbox is full until I re-activate my Adamantium membership, Dave...

When I do so, which will be as soon as I get December's bills out of the way in the next week or so, I'll re-activate it and pm you my email address.

I forget if I've given it to you before or not.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #7
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

coolio Ryan!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:46 PM   #8
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post

Don't suppose you can tell me who it is? I have the page with the death of caiera and I have had this one guy really anxious to buy it off of me.

Course just so you know, if you have a really good PH page with a Hulk splash, I am always willing to trade.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:47 PM   #9
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom__1 View Post
Hi all, not been on here as of late, school kicking my butt, but I have noticed that good pages (not the 20k type) but the $200-1k variety has been thin. Nothing on ebay, not a lot new on CAF. seems like dr doom and Thanos pages are rare now? Are people holding onto them because the values are down, market has dried up? Is this the same with other characters you guys collect? of course I better be careful what I wish for ( I am still saving for a plasma-waiting until after Black Friday when prices should drop)
Just wondered if was just the guys I collect or this is a trend across the board. talk to you all later.....DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well if there was a hidden gem on Ebay who would know??? For every 50 auctions on the orignal art section 47 of them are home made sketches, sketch books, prints, or throw away posters...
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:54 PM   #10
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'll pm you within a week, when I get Adamantium up and running again. Until then, I'm about 50 messages or more over my limit...

I have the pages just prior to that page.. sh!t.. how much would you want for it?

I have some of their wedding night pages, and when he asks her to be his queen rather than his shadow also...as well as some awesome fight scene pages from the series (my favorite being when Red King unleashes missiles at the Hulk, which smash into him, then you see his shadow emerging from the smoke.. but on the original page you see outlines of his eyes, which you don't on the printed page...it's creepy (and awesome), then the Hulk barrel-fists Red King out of the panel.. hahah) and the page when Caiera's carrying the child who crumbles to dust in her arms, and Hulk offers her his hand, which she takes.

I have more pages of Caiera and Caiera and Hulk than I do of the Hulk.. I'm putting all of my pages up on CAF in the next week or so (my whole collection, actually), and I'm selling off at least two of my PH pages.

But not to the @sshat I mentioned before. Hahaha..

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Don't suppose you can tell me who it is? I have the page with the death of caiera and I have had this one guy really anxious to buy it off of me.

Course just so you know, if you have a really good PH page with a Hulk splash, I am always willing to trade.