Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-19-2008, 10:37 PM   #11
doom__1
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Well if there was a hidden gem on Ebay who would know??? For every 50 auctions on the orignal art section 47 of them are home made sketches, sketch books, prints, or throw away posters...
yeap....this is very true,,,that and a couple of pages that seem to be resold every other week.,,,,,,........DOOM!!!!!!!!!
doom__1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:39 PM   #12
doom__1
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I'm having the opposite problem. Way too much art I want is available at the same time.
yea that does suck, that happened to me last year, bought a lot more then I could afford, reason I have not bought much this year..still trying to catch up on the CC bill....talk to you later Ken......DOOM!!!!!
doom__1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #13
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
I'll pm you within a week, when I get Adamantium up and running again. Until then, I'm about 50 messages or more over my limit...

I have the pages just prior to that page.. sh!t.. how much would you want for it?

I have some of their wedding night pages, and when he asks her to be his queen rather than his shadow also...as well as some awesome fight scene pages from the series (my favorite being when Red King unleashes missiles at the Hulk, which smash into him, then you see his shadow emerging from the smoke.. but on the original page you see outlines of his eyes, which you don't on the printed page...it's creepy (and awesome), then the Hulk barrel-fists Red King out of the panel.. hahah) and the page when Caiera's carrying the child who crumbles to dust in her arms, and Hulk offers her his hand, which she takes.

I have more pages of Caiera and Caiera and Hulk than I do of the Hulk.. I'm putting all of my pages up on CAF in the next week or so (my whole collection, actually), and I'm selling off at least two of my PH pages.

But not to the @sshat I mentioned before. Hahaha..
I have 2 pages from PH - one with Hulk slapping Meik (or Miek) around - and another after Hulk climbs out of the Magma and Korg tosses him at the Red King - it's the last hit before the Red King dies... Was Psyched to get is cause it has Caiera, Korg and Red King...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:16 AM   #14
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom__1 View Post
yeap....this is very true,,,that and a couple of pages that seem to be resold every other week.,,,,,,........DOOM!!!!!!!!!
That's true the Donnely's auctions are on a monthly cycle..
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:14 AM   #15
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I have 2 pages from PH - one with Hulk slapping Meik (or Miek) around - and another after Hulk climbs out of the Magma and Korg tosses him at the Red King - it's the last hit before the Red King dies... Was Psyched to get is cause it has Caiera, Korg and Red King...
Hahaha.. awesome!

When was Hulk not smackin' Miek around?

Nice, Ratchet.. I know which page you're talking about.. with Red King behind a forcefield or something...great stuff!

Hulk was PISSED.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:37 AM   #16
GerryT
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:

Case in point.. myself and two other people own most of the pages of Hulk art with Caiera on them... and we're purposely keeping a fourth party from buying any more, as he's trying to own them ALL... So it's an alliance against him (which seems weird, but it makes sense as he's buying them to own them, rather than out of appreciation of the comic/story/creators.. by his own admission).. so...pages of Planet Hulk are hard to come by because of it.

i dont understand this kind of thinking, how is you and this other fella owning all the art better than,the unnamed rival owning them?
"purposely keeping a fourth party from buying any more" doesnt really seem a better reason for owning the pages than his reason

Last edited by galactus; 11-20-2008 at 10:50 PM.
GerryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 AM   #17
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Hahaha.. awesome!

When was Hulk not smackin' Miek around?

Nice, Ratchet.. I know which page you're talking about.. with Red King behind a forcefield or something...great stuff!

Hulk was PISSED.
I LOVE the images - and actually think the pages look better in black and white than they do in color.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #18
Hulk5150
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
I have some of their wedding night pages, and when he asks her to be his queen rather than his shadow also...as well as some awesome fight scene pages from the series (my favorite being when Red King unleashes missiles at the Hulk, which smash into him, then you see his shadow emerging from the smoke.. but on the original page you see outlines of his eyes, which you don't on the printed page...it's creepy (and awesome), then the Hulk barrel-fists Red King out of the panel.. hahah) and the page when Caiera's carrying the child who crumbles to dust in her arms, and Hulk offers her his hand, which she takes.
Man, just reading that tiny summary gave me chills! You KNOW it's a great story when just mentioning certain parts give you this majestic feeling of experiencing the epic. It really goes to show you what a master Greg Pak is at crafting a huge, complex, action-filled, yet very emotional story (along with Pagulayan and Lopresti, of course).
Hulk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote