Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-03-2023, 09:16 AM   #731
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Attachment 157329

Attachment 157330

Attachment 157331

Got Venom a few weeks ago with Sideshow Seconds but it was a Christmas gift so I did not open till last week.

I love this piece. Funny thing is the initial SS pics did nothing for me. But the in hand vids blew me away.

Even greater in person. This is my first Venom and I?ve never really been tempted by any others accept for maybe the original XM

I love everything about this piece but I really dig the serpent like pose he?s in. Almost like he is slithering.

I know it has its detractors and I get it but for me this is my fav venom statue

This is the best Venom on the market, folks just don't know it yet. If you dig it now, wait awhile, it only gets better.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 09:18 AM   #732
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Simmons View Post
Finally Ordered this beast with a ton of rwps & the %10 off NY23 code today plus double rewards it was a no brainer can't wait to receive it.

You will be pleasantly stunned.
Old 01-03-2023, 09:21 AM   #733
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Wow he?s a big sucker. I just got the 15% off coupon and double reward point is great to use with this. Probably my last venom statue.

At cost it's a deal. Get an additional deal(?), it's a steal. And yes, probably your last Venom, as you won't need another. Enjoy.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:09 AM   #734
Mr.Mxyzptlk
Justice League

QUESTION:

Does anyone have this paired with the Carnage Comiquette?? I've been thinking about getting this Venom, but I'd like to see how they pair first. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	venom.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	158178   Click image for larger version

Name:	carnage.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	158179  
Mr.Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 04:57 AM   #735
Frankierock
Omega Red

Ok so, I finally bit and grabbed this…didn’t think I would ( since I have the XM one on order) but he was on seconds last night and I was able to use my first responder discount to boot..so got the extra 15% off the already 15%..
Saw him in person at Universal studios 2 weeks ago..( wow they try and rob you, $1200) anyway got him for $615 all in so I went for it.
Thought he looked pretty good in person and at that price I can live with a few flaws.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 08:21 AM   #736
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Ok so, I finally bit and grabbed this?didn?t think I would ( since I have the XM one on order) but he was on seconds last night and I was able to use my first responder discount to boot..so got the extra 15% off the already 15%..
Saw him in person at Universal studios 2 weeks ago..( wow they try and rob you, $1200) anyway got him for $615 all in so I went for it.
Thought he looked pretty good in person and at that price I can live with a few flaws.

Great price/pick-up.

Maybe premature to ask, (as you may not have it in hand), but what flaws?

Always felt this work has been grossly underrated from the very start, as it has it all. Size, engineering, presence, movement, detailing, menace.

Curious to know how you feel about the work once you have the chance to really take it in.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:36 AM   #737
AC_808
Hercules

Congrats!

Am contemplating getting this too. I did get the most recent Carnage PF, so would love this to go with. I do already have a 1/4 Venom piece tho, so that's part of the debate.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 04:59 PM   #738
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Great price/pick-up.

Maybe premature to ask, (as you may not have it in hand), but what flaws?

Always felt this work has been grossly underrated from the very start, as it has it all. Size, engineering, presence, movement, detailing, menace.

Curious to know how you feel about the work once you have the chance to really take it in.
So to me the biggest is the seem issue still don?t love them ( but they were harder to see then expected ) , and also depends on my piece ( which I obviously have not gotten) I know some had issue with the green paint being overused, so that might or might not be an issue.

But overall I?m happy with that price so I?ll be fine. And after seeing him and his size in person, honestly I was a lot more impressed than I thought I would be , so to me it?s a win win..
And I think he will look great next to that XM Arise piece once that comes in.
Old 04-24-2023, 07:13 PM   #739
Destroyous
Justice League

The seems really aren?t that bad. I just got mine and it?s huge. The green in it makes it stand out and different from any other Venoms which always tend to have all greys, blacks and whites. I really dig it. The Canale sculpt as usual is awesome.

Arise I prefer but the size that that one?s gonna take up is too much for me, plus double the price. This one?s really excellent and worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2402.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	161267   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2403.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	161268   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2401.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	161269   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2398.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	161270  
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 12:11 PM   #740
Frankierock
Omega Red

Just a heads up he is up on Seconds right now if anyone is interested..shipping looks to have gone down a tiny bit as well. Good luck