Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-29-2009, 06:36 AM   #1
Royd
Producer
Producer

Ben Stenbeck (Ectoplasmic Man, Witchfinder) – Art Rep Announcement!

For those familiar with the work of talented New Zealand comic artist Ben Stenbeck, I would like to announce that I will be assisting Ben with the sale of his original comic art including artwork from his recent Hellboy-related work for Dark Horse Comics - B.P.R.D.: The Ectoplasmic Man One-Shot, Witchfinder: In The Service of Angels and Living with the Dead (not Hellboy-related).

For those not immediately familiar with Ben’s mood enriched and expressive work, I highly recommend you check out some of his recent books to see what you’ve been missing out on! Ben’s professional career began with work on the storyboards for the Lord of the Rings trilogy and progressed on to work in commercial illustration and 2 years in the gaming industry including a year as a freelance designer for Valve software

Eventually breaking into comics by being hired to draw the series 'Living with the Dead' for Darkhorse comics and then the oneshot 'BPRD-The Ectoplasmic man'. Look forward to next year’s comic book debut of Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden's 'Baltimore' featuring Ben’s artwork.

If interested in viewing some of the work which Ben is currently offering for sale, please visit the following website –
http://www.comicartshop.com/ComicArt...t.asp?GCat=111 or here for Ben’s page - http://tinyurl.com/yl5xesv There you will find a complete selection of pages from B.P.R.D.: The Ectoplasmic Man One-Shot.

This one-shot tells the origin of Johann Kraus (as seen in Hellboy II: The Golden Army). The Ectoplasmic Man is a great introduction to one of the more unusual members of the BPRD. (Note: Artwork is on light Zeta paper 11.5” x 16.5”, similar to photocopy gsm, used by Ben as it held the inks well).

Pricing is as marked for each page (all prices are in US dollars) with the cost of air mail postage to (for example) the USA working out to around $30.00-$40.00 (insurance will cost extra). Air mail usually takes between 7-10 working days between Australia and the USA. Postage costs to other parts of the world will likely be a similar cost to that quoted for the USA. Payment by Paypal is preferred and can be made to roydster@yahoo.com This e-mail address can also be used to contact me regarding orders.

Artwork will be shipped flat and securely packaged using sturdy materials (foam core board) and plastic bags.

If you are after a specific page from any of the above-mentioned series which is not currently displayed for sale at my comicartshop, please contact me and I will check its availability and confirm with Ben. Please note that Ben has available a good selection of pages from his work on Witchfinder: In The Service of Angels and Living with the Dead. If you know the issue and page number of a favourite page, I can see if it is available. These pages are currently in Ben’s possession and will take some time to process so your patience is appreciated.

I hope I can help you find a Ben Stenbeck original for your collection! Warm regards,

Royd Burgoyne
Perth, Australia
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Congrats, Royd! Pretty soon you'll be reping half the industry, mate

So THAT'S where I heard Stenbeck's name before. Living with the Dead! I loved that story. Are you going to post up any art from that or is it request only?

On a related note. You consider getting your own site? I can understand sticking with CAF, but that site is painfully slow most of the time. You can spend a full minute watching as the page slowly opens. It can be a real drag to look through someone's gallery as a result. Just a thought.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:11 AM   #3
Royd
Producer
Producer

LOL, mate, I'll be happy just to rep the Aussie and New Zealand artists

Ref your query regarding Living with the Dead pages, Ben only left me with the Ectoplasmic Man pages to try out but is happy to sell pages from Living with the Dead and his current book, Witchfinder.

I intend to get a list of available pages from him in the near future along with pricing details. If anyone has favourite pages from the above books, I'm sure that Ben will be prepared to send along scans and, if anyone wants to make a purchase, Ben will send me the page to handle the sale.

Yeah, I know what you're saying about the slowness of the CAF site but I don't have another (inexpensive) option at the moment. Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Congrats, Royd! Pretty soon you'll be reping half the industry, mate

So THAT'S where I heard Stenbeck's name before. Living with the Dead! I loved that story. Are you going to post up any art from that or is it request only?

On a related note. You consider getting your own site? I can understand sticking with CAF, but that site is painfully slow most of the time. You can spend a full minute watching as the page slowly opens. It can be a real drag to look through someone's gallery as a result. Just a thought.
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote