Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #111
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish3183 View Post
This looks amazing. Back in the day, I was a big fan of painting the 40k miniatures. Specifically the Black Templars and the Dark Angels. I'm curious to know what else they have planned for the 40k universe. Kharn the Betrayer would be pretty cool.
Borderline renegades and staunch loyalists? Odd mix of favorites :P

The next one (assuming it goes up for PO) is Logan Grimnar, he's already done and painted from what it looks like. They have shown concept of Cypher from the DA on top of a dead ork, though TBH to give some xenos love I would argue that Ghazzie vs Yarrick would be better Ork dio choice. And of course I'd love some black templars, a favorite among loyalists :P

Also since Black Templars are a favorite of yours just in case you don't know the original legion color scheme for the Dark Angels was actually black (and pretty badass).
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 09:48 PM   #112
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Borderline renegades and staunch loyalists? Odd mix of favorites :P

The next one (assuming it goes up for PO) is Logan Grimnar, he's already done and painted from what it looks like. They have shown concept of Cypher from the DA on top of a dead ork, though TBH to give some xenos love I would argue that Ghazzie vs Yarrick would be better Ork dio choice. And of course I'd love some black templars, a favorite among loyalists :P

Also since Black Templars are a favorite of yours just in case you don't know the original legion color scheme for the Dark Angels was actually black (and pretty badass).
At the time, I was just drawn to characters that looked fun to paint. The Black Templars and Dark Angels had some cool special characters. Aside from painting, I really enjoyed playing games based on the 40k universe, such as the Dawn of War series on PC.

I went to the HMO website and must have missed the upcoming news. Are you finding these updates on their site or somewhere else? Would be curious to see Logan Grimnar.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:52 PM   #113
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
At the time, I was just drawn to characters that looked fun to paint. The Black Templars and Dark Angels had some cool special characters. Aside from painting, I really enjoyed playing games based on the 40k universe, such as the Dawn of War series on PC.

I went to the HMO website and must have missed the upcoming news. Are you finding these updates on their site or somewhere else? Would be curious to see Logan Grimnar.
Their FB group, they haven't fully shown him yet but here's the 3d sculpt. Everybody releases news as part of their fb groups these days :| I don't normally like or use fb but I have an account for statue stuff.

They showed it part painted at one point and also in the gulliman overview video he is in the background (that can be found on fb). The concepts I saw in this thread actually, I think they were from a con a while ago, here they are so you don't have to go back

Note they said the dreadnaught design was changed which I was hoping for as it just sitting there with a servitor in front of it (not even a techpriest!) is a huge waste
Old 05-03-2020, 12:55 PM   #114
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Their FB group, they haven't fully shown him yet but here's the 3d sculpt. Everybody releases news as part of their fb groups these days :| I don't normally like or use fb but I have an account for statue stuff.

Thanks. I might have to create an FB profile to keep up with statue updates. Not a big fan of social media though.

Logan looks great and I look forward to seeing the painted proto. I'm a bit disappointed I didn't PO Guilliman but hopefully I can find one later on.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:39 PM   #115
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Thanks. I might have to create an FB profile to keep up with statue updates. Not a big fan of social media though.

Logan looks great and I look forward to seeing the painted proto. I'm a bit disappointed I didn't PO Guilliman but hopefully I can find one later on.
I don't like FB either, I made an account just for statue and other hobby related stuff. Lots of BST groups there too so it's very useful for the hobby these days.

You can still order him at BBTS: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...nDetails/84080. I have him ordered through HMO but if I knew BBTS was going to carry him I would have ordered from there instead as the shipping is likely going to be more than the $200 extra that BBTS added for shipping.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:24 PM   #116
Halcyon
Loki

I don't have fb.
You don't need fb account, you can visit this page, HMO has post all preview pics on this one (insider public).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/934144400030135/

I see they have new guilliman pics atm..
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:30 PM   #117
Halcyon
Loki

Unhappy

I asked HMO twice if they would consider using Europe wholesale to reach our shops, but they only sell direct and made some deals with large shops in USA.

Im not going to pay rediculous shipping..
Old 05-06-2020, 07:23 PM   #118
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I asked HMO twice if they would consider using Europe wholesale to reach our shops, but they only sell direct and made some deals with large shops in USA.

Im not going to pay rediculous shipping..
Gem Mint quoted almost the same shipping price for Europe as the US (260 vs 290). Not including VAT and such of course, but it's not like that goes away it still costs from someone inside or not ><
Old 05-07-2020, 05:38 PM   #119
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I was kinda "meh" about this line from HMO, but I have to admit, they're killing it. I can't say the same for P1 who epitomize the word "failure" in respect to WH40K
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:50 AM   #120
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Gem Mint quoted almost the same shipping price for Europe as the US (260 vs 290). Not including VAT and such of course, but it's not like that goes away it still costs from someone inside or not ><
I know. But when PO statue, like to know upfront what I have to pay in total (fixed deal incl shipping). Don't like the 'shipping and remaining cost' will follow 2+ yrs when statue is ready and size of box is determined.