I’m positive they will hook you up
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #242
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I’m positive they will hook you up
I'm having my doubts... The place I got it from is going to send a complaint to the shipping company to see if the insurance will cover it but since there is no damage to the shipping box I doubt they will...

If I was within the licensed area I'm sure XM would cover everything but I doubt anyone is going to want to pay the $300 in shipping fees to send me a new statue.. Which I knew would be the case when I bought these XM statues, the only thing that annoys me is that XM knew this was a problem and they obviously didn't test out their "fix" very well before shipping them out again... Another person on the freaks forum also got his statue the same day as me and his is broke in the same spot, one of his handlebars broke also...

One of the reasons I didn't worry much about broken statues from XM is because in the past their shipping methods have been very solid, out of 20+ XM statues I have bought none have arrived damaged, but now we've seen back to back statues arrived damaged from XM... At $1200-$1500 I'm not sure the risk is worth it anymore... That said, I have no problem buying any of their world license statues as I'm sure XM will cover those...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #243
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

XM replaces damaged items with sender . If they tell you they can’t meaning sender it’s a lie . Every issue I’ve had they replaced . I’d contact XM give them all info receipts and sellers name and info as well
Old 02-05-2019, 01:58 PM   #244
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
XM replaces damaged items with sender . If they tell you they can’t meaning sender it’s a lie . Every issue I’ve had they replaced . I’d contact XM give them all info receipts and sellers name and info as well
I have no doubt XM will replace the damage item with the sender, what I'm doubting is neither one will want to pay the shipping costs to send it to me.. If it was a small piece it wouldn't be that expensive but since it's part of his lower body I imagine they would have to send me a whole new statue as I'm sure they don't have boxes just for his lower body, especially since this seems to be very fragile part of the statue..

Back when XM first started out they would take care of any issues directly but in the last year or so they changed their policy, now you have to go through whoever you bought it from... which of course is a bigger hassle...

I'll wait and see what the outcome is... but from the first response I got it didn't sound optimistic..

All that aside, this statue is amazing.... gorgeous in sculpt and paint quality....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:35 PM   #245
sparda
The Avengers

Seen 5 pieces today, of which 2 were broken... Picking mine up this thursday. Fingers crossed it isn't broken.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:15 PM   #246
FROBAY
Phoenix

XM needs to stop shipping immediately and address this issue.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:43 PM   #247
Becrecca
Doh!

Why are people worried they are going to get stuck with it as-is? Shady dealers? I buy my XM pieces through Spec Fiction and I had a problem once with my XM Boba Fett. It took a while but Todd at Spec Fiction and XM came through with replacement parts. Anyway - I got a broken Maul as well but I have confidence that it will be remedied at no cost to me. Spec Fiction has always taken care of me.
Becrecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:44 AM   #248
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s a shame that there are so many breaks happening . I noticed even with Scorpion and Storm etc. Yeah I have zero worries I stopped using middle men while back and I also just use Todd at Spec fiction. I think as a collector buy where you please but I’d def want insurance knowing I could get a swap if needed
Old 02-06-2019, 10:50 AM   #249
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
XM needs to stop shipping immediately and address this issue.
^ THIS
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:12 PM   #250
sparda
The Avengers

Picking up mine tomorrow. Fingers crossed all is well...
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote