Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-18-2019, 07:18 AM   #321
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"If it's one thing our daddies taught us, we man up when we need to. There's been concerns over the recent releases by XM and we wanted to provide a transparent look behind the scenes. If you are one of the unfortunate customers who received a damaged Maul, this page will be useful for you."

----------------------------------------------------------

>>> News : Concerns on quality regarding XM's recent releases <<<

----------------------------------------------------------

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:13 AM   #322
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Now that’s service . I feel bad there are customers getting breaks but at least you know this company cares .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:14 PM   #323
sparda
The Avengers

Kinda hard but guess I'll destroy the piece then.

Pretty conflicted as I did like it. Might get out of collecting star wars pieces all together then.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:00 PM   #324
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm not sure I buy that only 7% of Darth Mauls have broken, going by the forums and facebook it seems a lot higher then just 15 statues. I have a feeling they might be down playing by just using statistics they get from sales off their website only which has min. shipping distances due to license restrictions. It seams it's the overseas shipping that is causing most of the breaks..

I'm not sure I'm thrilled about the options which are either break the statue into lots of little pieces and get a full refund or live with the broken statue... Keep in mind I doubt XM is going to refund the shipping overseas so if you do break it for a refund you might end up eating the $300+ shipping costs... If that's the case then I'll just live with the broken statue and quit buying XM Statues that don't have world licenses...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:56 PM   #325
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I doubt that . All returns and QC complaints third party or not go through them . They have the numbers. If mine broke I’d be in touch ASAP so I believe they are telling the truth . The real interesting part of that post was with the really small MTO numbers getting replacement parts will not be easy anymore because they won’t make as many replacements . First come first serve and now you’ll be forced to decide destroy the piece get a refund or repair on your own . What if it’s a super gorgeous and rare piece. I couldn’t take a hammer to it . There are pros out there to fix it .
Old 02-18-2019, 09:52 PM   #326
built2shred
Phoenix

I don't think XM makes any extra parts when they do their production runs... I imagine it's to cut costs... I think they just make replacement parts on the fly at their own studio if one is needed.. The fact that they are only giving us the option of Full Refund or Live with it, tells me there's more then just 15 broken statues out there.. I imagine it's quite a few and they don't have the time or man power to make that many replacement parts from scratch and they can't afford to have the factory start another run to replace them..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:00 PM   #327
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm not sure I buy that only 7% of Darth Mauls have broken, going by the forums and facebook it seems a lot higher then just 15 statues. I have a feeling they might be down playing by just using statistics they get from sales off their website only which has min. shipping distances due to license restrictions. It seams it's the overseas shipping that is causing most of the breaks..

I'm not sure I'm thrilled about the options which are either break the statue into lots of little pieces and get a full refund or live with the broken statue... Keep in mind I doubt XM is going to refund the shipping overseas so if you do break it for a refund you might end up eating the $300+ shipping costs... If that's the case then I'll just live with the broken statue and quit buying XM Statues that don't have world licenses...
I'm already there. No more 1/4th XM for me. I will say I appreciate XM putting this out there. It was a good move. That being said this is a tough spot for owners of this statue. If we keep it and fix the break we still paid over 1K for a broken statue. Not to mention the value if you ever try to sell lost.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:08 PM   #328
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I don't think XM makes any extra parts when they do their production runs... I imagine it's to cut costs... I think they just make replacement parts on the fly at their own studio if one is needed.. The fact that they are only giving us the option of Full Refund or Live with it, tells me there's more then just 15 broken statues out there.. I imagine it's quite a few and they don't have the time or man power to make that many replacement parts from scratch and they can't afford to have the factory start another run to replace them..
They do because I had issues with Black Panther head they sent me just the head . Where did that come from ? Not another statue it’s extras. Same with Batman’s samurai base I got just the base. These are way more limited you’re right they cant replace all of them but they are not lies. I don’t recall seeing over 20’of these broken on various groups and Facebook. Honestly it doesn’t matter. You need to make a choice then . I can I say I still buy XMs will continue too
Old 02-18-2019, 10:11 PM   #329
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

There should really be a middle ground here. Maybe a rebate off your next XM piece if you decide to keep it if broken? This is assuming that they can authenticate a broken statue without it being completely destroyed.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:12 PM   #330
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB
Frackin!

Quote:

I wonder how many customers/collectors will opt for the refund. The collectors that received a piece that was intact will see their statue rise in value for sure with the MTO numbers being more limited.

I will keep mine and glue it. For a first time 1/4 statue, this will be my first and last for a while. What a shame because it is a really beautiful, dynamic piece.

A question for you guys, does XM post any video of their drop testing or preventative damage methods on any of the social media outlets?

Thanks for all who have shared.....Cheers.
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB is offline   Reply With Quote