Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-18-2018, 09:08 PM   #2451
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

really like the EX head on this one..I hope the price means that it will be produced in a good factory !
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:21 PM   #2452
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Truth be told I would’ve paid Thanos maquette money if they made something on that level in terms of thought and craftsmanship. Magneto was without a doubt my most anticipated piece and the whole “we’re now calling it a maquette” is pretty sad. I’ve been collecting for almost 10 years now. It started with the Venom comiquette and I know a great sculpt when I see one. Thanos, Deadpool, Swamp Thing... You can tell Sideshow was more passionate about these pieces. Not just from the sculpt but from the way the staff react and talk about it. The couldn’t even be bothered with a behind a scenes video for Magneto.

They slapped the maquette label on it and are justifying it because the base is made of 40 pieces? Do I care how many pieces Thanos’ throne was made of? All I know is that it looks wicked.

Really a sad day when I admit that XM studios is doing a better job with the X-Men line. Have you seen their Omega Red? Meanwhile Sideshow gives us second thought Magneto and their 10th Wolverine collectible (don’t quote me on that I’ve lost count).

darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:24 PM   #2453
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Easy pass.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:27 PM   #2454
Atimantium
Hydra

I placed my order. This is much nicer than any other produced Magneto so far.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:30 PM   #2455
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Just looked at the pics on the SS website, I really, really want to like this piece but that cape, I just can't get over it.

Ugh.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:44 PM   #2456
Vince_be

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
Just looked at the pics on the SS website, I really, really want to like this piece but that cape, I just can't get over it.

Ugh.
indeed the cape is my biggest grief too but overall it looks ok not awesome but ok. Need to see this in hands. Also i would like Sideshow to add a bit weathering on him cause the paint looks flat. I hope it will look like he is red and not orange as in the Sideshow live. Also the tweaks on the base...were unnecessary IMO. maybe it helps to support the bigger cape...
Old 01-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #2457
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post

Really a sad day when I admit that XM studios is doing a better job with the X-Men line. Have you seen their Omega Red? Meanwhile Sideshow gives us second thought Magneto and their 10th Wolverine collectible (don’t quote me on that I’ve lost count).

Why is it a sad day? XM makes consistently amazing pieces on pretty much every statue. They have the ability to make you want to buy a character that you don’t ever intend on buying. Sideshow just started this X-men line. XM X-Men line is incredible. Magneto, Cable, Phoenix, Wolverine, Dark Phoenix, Weapon X, Storm, Omega Red, etc. Sideshow will probably quit on this line within 5 characters.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:48 PM   #2458
Vince_be

just watch the pics on the Sideshow website and i hope it will come with this purple red color..and please add a bit weathering..it looked so orange on the live show yesterday

Old 01-18-2018, 10:01 PM   #2459
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Why is it a sad day? XM makes consistently amazing pieces on pretty much every statue. They have the ability to make you want to buy a character that you don’t ever intend on buying. Sideshow just started this X-men line. XM X-Men line is incredible. Magneto, Cable, Phoenix, Wolverine, Dark Phoenix, Weapon X, Storm, Omega Red, etc. Sideshow will probably quit on this line within 5 characters.
It’s sad because I’m the biggest Sideshow homer and XM hater.

I think you mean Sideshow just restarted this X-men line. I would know because I have an incomplete Jim Lee line.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:09 PM   #2460
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
It’s sad because I’m the biggest Sideshow homer and XM hater.

I think you mean Sideshow just restarted this X-men line. I would know because I have an incomplete Jim Lee line.
Why do you hate XM? I don’t see what’s not to like about them except the shipping costs
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote