Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-02-2017, 07:40 PM   #1
JuliusMarx
Gentle Giant
Producer

Star-Lord Collector's Gallery Statue

Star-Lord is back and he’s leading the Guardians of the Galaxy into new adventures!
Born on Earth to an Earthling mother and alien father, Peter Quill aka Star-Lord quickly found his way to the stars, surviving among the space pirates known as Ravagers. Peter’s adventures have taken him from one end of the galaxy to the next along with his rag-tag team of misfits.

Straight from his silver-screen appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2, the Star-Lord Collector’s Gallery Statue has been digitally sculpted down the most minute detail, and hand-painted by the amazing artisans of Gentle Giant Studios. Star-Lord is rocking his signature helmet, has his blaster in hand and is full of the attitude that has made him one of the notorious rogues in the galaxy… or at least in his own mind. This 1:8 scale statue of Star-Lord is the 4th in our Marvel Collector’s Gallery statue line. Comes numbered with certificate of authenticity.

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/star-l...gallery-statue
JuliusMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:27 PM   #2
MolokoPlus
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

This wouldn't even pass as a "good" statue in the 90's.
MolokoPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:28 PM   #3
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Really awkward pose. I'll get the Hot Toys version...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:09 AM   #4
grphyx1
Kingpin

This is quite bad
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:22 PM   #5
MTL
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Well I have to agree that it just looks off and awkward. Compared to the other 1/8 gentle giant statues this one is a big step back.
MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:56 PM   #6
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm confused because it seemed like the Collector's Gallery statues were based off comics. I have ordered them all so far, and can't wait for Punisher to come up for order. Deadpool, Spidey, Venom, they will all look great together, but this looks like it won't fit with them... weird. I think I remember seeing a Collector's Gallery Black Widow that was also based off the movies... They should stick to either comic based or movie based so that they can all go together. I don't really collect the movie based statues, so I'll probably pass on this one.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:09 PM   #7
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
I'm confused because it seemed like the Collector's Gallery statues were based off comics.
No, it's just a church'd up term for 1/8th scale. There's also Kneeling Vader and the Death Trooper along with any others they showcased at Celebration. There was also a time, back before they came up with the fancy-shmancy term, when they unveiled a 1/8th Winter Soldier Cap and a 1/8th Iron Patriot to accent Black Widow. They gave them the axe because no one wanted them.

They need to go back to 1/6th..even if it's just one release a year. Its better than no releases.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:12 AM   #8
jkazemi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

What a DULL pose. Gentle Giant could do better. It's a big pass for me.
jkazemi is offline   Reply With Quote