Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-07-2017, 02:26 AM   #2021
johnclone
The Enchantress

I'd guess we're all going to be wondering all week whether or not Jamie will survive, big cliffhanger, oh no.

But I loved how his character responded to this seemingly unwinnable situation by defiantly standing his ground and going for victory out of the jaws of defeat, he actually thought he had a chance to kill Dany, so he went for it risking everything.

Bronn is in some of the most exciting scenes in the series, the guy never has a dull day, it seems.

I went on YouTube yesterday and there in my recommended videos I saw titles like, "S7 4 Jamie attacking Drogon" and "Dothraki attacking Lannister Army" so I pretty much had those surprises spoiled. But they did all but tell you what was going to happen when Theon and Jon are talking and Theon says "Where is she?" and then they cut to Jamie and Bronn, "what a beautiful day to be a Lannister, sky is blue, grass is green, let's all just sit down here for a bit" I doubt anyone couldn't guess what was going to happen next. Truly an incredible scene, the CGI was excellent. That dragon looked amazing flying all around over everyone. Dothraki were just as insane as we knew they were.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:42 AM   #2022
johnclone
The Enchantress

The part where Drogon destroyed the scorpion was pretty awesome. Now we have to wonder if that mad scientist guy has more of those, or maybe he'll tip the arrows with poison next time. No doubt, Drogon is going to be a very significant target in the future.

Does Jon know that Arya and Bran are alive?
What's the deal with Littlefinger and the dagger? Why did he give that to Bran? What is he ultimately after? Or, is it more like, they needed to get Arya some Valerian steel so that she can fight and kill a white walker.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:36 AM   #2023
johnclone
The Enchantress

I'm not completely sure about this, but don't you recall the original three eyed raven as not being a total dickhead about everything? I mean it has been a while, but I seem to recall him actually having a personality, showing emotion, and concern for people around him. Bran could not be a more annoying character right now.

Meera: Hi Bran
Bran: Sup

Meera: So, look this is going to be hard for me, but I need to tell you I'm leaving and going home.
Bran: Laterz

Meera: Is that all you can say, after all we have shared together and what we've been through, all the things we've had to do to stay alive?
Bran: Yo, any pizza left?

Meera: My brother died to keep you alive, I risked my life countless times! This has been very hard on me.
Bran: Whatev
Old 08-07-2017, 11:17 AM   #2024
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Daenary is getting annoying with her telling Jon to bend the knee crap. He isn't have that garbage from her. I'm glad that he hasn't yet. I hope he doesn't.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #2025
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
pretty good, Arya becoming a damn master swordsman after getting literally 0 actual training from the Faceless men really pisses me off though. they wasted what should've been an awesome part of her story by spending a whole damn season of her mopping and washing dead people.
She was getting sword training for a long time before she went across the sea. She trained with Jon, Bran and the Winterfell swordmaster. Then at Kings Landing she learned the "Water Dance" from Syrio Forel.

Jon knew she loved to swordfight and had Needle made for her. Ayra was no novice before the No One clan honed her to assassin level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Does Jon know that Arya and Bran are alive?
What's the deal with Littlefinger and the dagger? Why did he give that to Bran? What is he ultimately after? Or, is it more like, they needed to get Arya some Valerian steel so that she can fight and kill a white walker.
Jon does not know yet that they are alive. There have been no ravens that we've been told of. And Sansa told Arya that, "Jon's heart will burst when he sees you."

I had to rewind the dagger scene twice to hear what Bran said upon getting the dagger. He said that "Chaos is a ladder". Which Littlefinger said somebody previously -- I need to research.

So I'm not sure what Littlefinger's end game is, but I bet he didn't know that Bran would give the dagger away which may round out a vision Bran has had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
Daenary is getting annoying with her telling Jon to bend the knee crap. He isn't have that garbage from her. I'm glad that he hasn't yet. I hope he doesn't.
Who's to say he hasn't yet? Jon and Dani exited the cave and were immediately met by the somber Tyrion and Varias. She jumped straight to asking them what is wrong and mentioned nothing of the caves. Jon wouldn't be quick to admit he bent the knee, so maybe this is all a delay in us finding out he did.

Now I, too, don't want him to bend it. She's pretty ignorant but did ask his council on the fight.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:58 PM   #2026
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Jon does not know yet that they are alive. There have been no ravens that we've been told of. And Sansa told Arya that, "Jon's heart will burst when he sees you."

I had to rewind the dagger scene twice to hear what Bran said upon getting the dagger. He said that "Chaos is a ladder". Which Littlefinger said somebody previously -- I need to research.

So I'm not sure what Littlefinger's end game is, but I bet he didn't know that Bran would give the dagger away which may round out a vision Bran has had.
I replayed that scene like 6 times at high volume and I still couldn't figure out wtf he was saying.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:41 PM   #2027
Demona
Martian Manhunter

His accent along with his always mush-mouth delivery of his lines KILLS me. He just needs to be in three-eyed raven vision mode all the time.

The characters has maybe 10 lines an episode. Geez.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:07 PM   #2028
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Who's to say he hasn't yet?
That is not something that would be done behind closed doors, just between the two of them. The point is for it to be an open gesture, with witnesses from both sides. Otherwise I'm sure he'd have done it already.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #2029
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I guess it is something Littlefinger says to Varyis in season 3 when Little Finger is serving Joffery. It goes like this

"The realm. Do you know what the realm is? It's the thousand blades of Aegon's enemies, a story we agree to tell each other over and over, until we forget that it's a lie."
"But what do we have left, once we abandon the lie?" Varys replied. "Chaos? A gaping pit waiting to swallow us all."
"Chaos isn't a pit," Littlefinger said. "Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is."
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #2030
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

HARD is offline   Reply With Quote