Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-29-2019, 11:50 AM   #2621
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Just to confirm.... Both her dragons survived right?
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:56 AM   #2622
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yes, both made it. Barely.

I’m interested to see Rheagon next week. He got beat up by White Viserion.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:13 PM   #2623
MrYac
Hercules

Let’s put just how terrible the ending was into perspective. If bran sat alone by the tree with no army at winterfell and they hid a single board with a valerian steel nail sticking out of it in front of him the Nightking would’ve causally walked over to him, stepped on it and we’d have the same nonsense without wasting thousands of lives or my time.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:43 PM   #2624
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
My criticism isn't that the stakes didn't feel high or that there weren't enough casualties. The stakes felt high... for those in Winterfell. For those in the North. We spent years watching everyone south of the wall scoffing at the wall and whatever imaginary threat lay beyond it. Several seasons of the only ones concerned with the Night King being Jon, SOME of the Night's Watch, and us... the audience. The show was building up the idea that the Night King and his army would bring an unprecedented amount of death and misery to an unsuspecting world. Instead the victims are Jon (the same person who has dealt with this threat since day 1) and the people we already expected to follow him. Cersei, her allies, and her entire kingdom sat back and drank margaritas while our hero dealt with the problem.

I felt that the use of the word "game" in the title of the series held multiple meanings. Like a complicated game of chess, those playing would need strategy, foresight, cunning, and be willing to make sacrifices. However, I also took it to mean (because of how the show laid out a double narrative of a chase for the throne and the threat beyond the wall) that like a game, it was all inconsequential. That this "game" for the throne meant nothing if the Night King wasn't dealt with. And while that is still technically true, only some participants of the game fully realized this. Unfortunately, it was mostly those who didn't even want to be playing the game in the first place.
I hear ya. Not to put down Benioff and Weiss but that's where the separation of Martin's genius and their skills lie.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:50 PM   #2625
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

surprised some people are very upset with this episode. i thought it was fantastic.

this show has always been about the quest for the throne - not a quest to have a finale royal rumble with zombies.

i'm glad they had the battle - which imo was amazing. but now i'm glad they are back on what they were meant to focus all along - the throne.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:03 PM   #2626
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post

this show has always been about the quest for the throne - not a quest to have a finale royal rumble with zombies.
The point of the series is that the throne is pointless actually.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:35 PM   #2627
protector2814
Phoenix

What a beautiful episode. As much as I appreciated the story, & did feel that it was handled well & set things up for the final 3, I just found the 2nd half an amazing spectacle. I've been reading fantasy, & sword & sorcery practically my entire life & every once-in-a-while, I see something on screen that only my imagination has been able to conjure for as long as I can remember. There were just so many "off the page" or out of my D&D days that I mostly just savored in my minds eye. GoT, Schwarzenegger's 1st Conan, Curse Of The Ring, Fire & Ice are a few cine-experiences where I've been able to actually see what's fueled my imagination over the years. Last night, repeatedly, I was visually reminded of why I love this genre so much. It was just beautiful to see.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:27 PM   #2628
MrYac
Hercules

another random question, but didn't Ramsey flay Theon's fingers for the sole purpose of stripping him of his ability to use a bow since he knew he really loved using a bow?
Old 04-29-2019, 03:43 PM   #2629
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

A jaw dropping spectacle. No main character deaths. Lyanna was a true leader and warrior. Was hoping for a show down with King n Snow, was a bit of a let down. It was still very good and surprising. All the Starks had a long tough road and each deserved the kill. Not over yet tho!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:02 PM   #2630
Davidian
Omega Flight

Man what an episode! This was quite an epic battle, and an episode I think I'll need to watch again to really let it all sink in. One point that got me thinking was this:

The walkers heard Arya's blood hit the floor and all went crazy, but she was able to sneak up on the Night King and deliver the final blow, even though he had an entourage of old whites? Did Arya wear the face of one of the walkers she killed in that room and was able to sneak up undetected because of that? I'm all for her bringing the final blow, as I feel that her story arc was not a waste of time after all, but I'm really curious if that's how she pulled it off.

The only character I was sad to see go was Lady Mormont: what a pint sized warrior she was! I'm glad she went out strong - it would have been severely disappointing if she didn't.

How ironic is that the women and children, etc hid down in the crypt, when they're all being attacked by an army of what - DEAD. Makes me laugh a little thinking about it, but since it was the safest place in Winterfell, of course it makes sense.

I was hoping this battle would play out a little more, as many have mentioned, it seemed like taking out the biggest threat mankind has ever faced in one night, is laughable, but I'd be lying if I said this was not an epic episode.

I seriously hope they bring the end of this series justice, even despite the books not being finished, because I've been watching this show from the beginning and would be REALLY pissed if they didn't as this has been my favorite show on TV since it started.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote