Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #51
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
What if the tentacles were posable. ...
That's what I said above or even of bottom were fixed make the top two poseable and you have support on bottom and flexibility and customization on top to collectors preference up in the air aiming at foe or placed strategically so that they are close to spiderman head to make a diorama look??? Huh? What do you think about that??

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:39 PM   #52
StringKeyRhythm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Not feeling the idea of posable arms. I'd sooner opt for switch out-arms than that.
StringKeyRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #53
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

pretty cool. but yet again, the head seems to be a bit too small. thats def something that needs to be corrected. and i agree, i think he should be up off the base and only being supported by his tentacles.
at least only have one foot connected to the base. and mix up the positions of the tentacles. have each one in a different place/position to give it more of an appearance that they have a mind of their own and are doing different things. the gun reminds me of the old ToyBiz 10" action figure. i think that had one.. id def loos it. considering the arms are based on what they were in Spiderman 2, give Doc Oc some trinnium.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:28 PM   #54
crazytoynut
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Doubt tentacles supporting a floating body is practical, considering leaning and balancing issues. If he's just standing, might as well have them tentacles all up in the air.

His body frame looks weird, muscular top half torso but pot belly at bottom, reminds me of E Honda.

Also not liking the tentacles rectangular-ish shapes, prefer round ones like comics.
crazytoynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:35 PM   #55
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

OOOOO!!!! Can we please get a Superior Spiderman to go alongside him (preferably with the mechanical arms on the suit) to stand behind him mirroring him? Would be an awesome diorama to set up to show Otto's glory!
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:26 PM   #56
Peedi
The Secret Six

I like what I see so far. Being the comic guy I am of course I have my own preferences, I mostly prefer designs closer to the comics.

- tentacle shape isn't a killer but I prefer rounded tentacles form the comics

- harness hidden underneath his clothes

- tentacle poses are too symetrical, would like to see them varied a bit and more aggressive.

- the pose slightly altered to be more aggressive...lean him forward a bit to give him movement, like he's going towards something...Doc Oc is a goal driven man, let's see that reflected.

- his deal is the tentacles, he doesn't need a gun.

- take a bit off his belly

Overall good start for the new sculptor David P. and for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:02 PM   #57
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post
Crap...crap...crap! I was trying to stay away from XM Statues but this is the one figure I wanted most of all, my favorite Marvel character. Oh well, odds are I will not find a place to order him from anyway lol.
Oh it can be done. There are ways. Just don't wait til the last minute
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:09 PM   #58
Spidey976

Oh just so you guys know I am pretty sure David P the sculptor on this one is a member here. Nice to see.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:46 PM   #59
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I like what I see so far. Being the comic guy I am of course I have my own preferences, I mostly prefer designs closer to the comics.

- tentacle shape isn't a killer but I prefer rounded tentacles form the comics

- harness hidden underneath his clothes

- tentacle poses are too symetrical, would like to see them varied a bit and more aggressive.

- the pose slightly altered to be more aggressive...lean him forward a bit to give him movement, like he's going towards something...Doc Oc is a goal driven man, let's see that reflected.

- his deal is the tentacles, he doesn't need a gun.

- take a bit off his belly

Overall good start for the new sculptor David P. and for us!
Well said, although I could take the tentacles either way. The movie versions look really sick, but i am good with either.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:06 AM   #60
SONICobra
Batman

overall looks pretty awesome, I like the pose and the base the arms look sick as hell

things I would look at:
- he appears to have a power lifters physique? there should be slightly less definition especially in the serratus area. you cant have a belly like that and visible serratus muscles
- boots look a little bulky to me
- I don't see the need for a gun but if its included as a switch out that's always nice to have options
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote