Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quantum Mechanix Viper MKII BSG Artisan Replica

Viper Mark II Artisan Replica

Link of video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHE-W...el_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYrMl...el_video_title

Wait list : http://go.madmimi.com/redirects/10f7...?pa=3238890433
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
Achaean
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Looks fantastic. However, my priority is the Viper helmet replica from the original series.
Achaean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:33 AM   #3
leplant
Deadman

Every time QMX picks up a license that I am interested in, I cringe. They are just so expensive for relatively small collectibles. Yea I know they have electronic features, and they are made by hand, bla bla bla, but I really don't give a rattus norvegicus's gluteuas maximus. For the money they are asking, I want a 40" Serenity Firefly, and a 30" Viper. They can take their $1500 18" Viper, and stick it. Yes, I am still mad about the $500 Firefly fiasco, and yes I do hold a grudge.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:30 AM   #4
Achaean

It would be good if they also sold a mass market version of the Viper without the light-up features and without any customisation.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:51 AM   #5
Achaean

Any way, I caved in and indicated an interest in a Starbuck Edition.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
Rodders
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I disagree leplant and think that for the level of detail, lighting intricacy and the size the QMX models are well worth the money.
Rodders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
I disagree leplant and think that for the level of detail, lighting intricacy and the size the QMX models are well worth the money.
My fundamental problem with QMX is two fold. The first is that they originally stated they were going to be releasing the Serenity Firefly for $500. That ticked off a lot of collectors, including me. My second is that for the prices they are asking, you can buy studio scale models, have them hand built, and painted by the best out there, and still have money to spare. I have the firefly, and it's not worth what I payed or it. Unfortunately it's the only show in town, so I coughed up the dough. The thing that they are just not getting over at QMX, is that for the money they are asking, people want more. Take it from some one that has been building models his entire life, larger models are easier to build and paint than smaller ones. So the cost increase associated with larger models, is in materials associated with casting, and the resin itself. The difference on the back end is that if someone pays $2500 for a model, they want something substantial, something that in size and quality makes their expenditure justifiable. If the serenity was 40" it would qualify, but at 20'' it just doesn't pop, and for $2500 it's got to pop. Now they are going to be producing a 34" JJ Enterprise that costs $4000, for that you can almost buy a life size endo.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #8
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Every time QMX picks up a license that I am interested in, I cringe. They are just so expensive for relatively small collectibles. Yea I know they have electronic features, and they are made by hand, bla bla bla, but I really don't give a rattus norvegicus's gluteuas maximus. For the money they are asking, I want a 40" Serenity Firefly, and a 30" Viper.
I couldn't agree more with this statement. Very astutely phrased.
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:22 AM   #9
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Every time QMX picks up a license that I am interested in, I cringe. They are just so expensive for relatively small collectibles. Yea I know they have electronic features, and they are made by hand, bla bla bla, but I really don't give a rattus norvegicus's gluteuas maximus. For the money they are asking, I want a 40" Serenity Firefly, and a 30" Viper. They can take their $1500 18" Viper, and stick it. Yes, I am still mad about the $500 Firefly fiasco, and yes I do hold a grudge.
Really? Why I would never have guessed!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:55 AM   #10
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Ouch on the price. But I think I need that Starbuck version. At least these $1000+ models don't seem to be selling out fast.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote