Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-15-2021, 02:15 AM   #1
martineaumichae
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Sideshow Exclusive Display Question

For those of you that have the 4th and 5th scale Exclusive Sideshow statue Maquette's that might come with different hands, accessories, heads or color variants etc... Do you just keep out on display the pieces that you want to show on your statue and put the other pieces back in the box, or do you keep them out maybe behind or in the display case?

Asking because I have a bunch where I want to swap something out every once and a while but I hate going into my storage to get the box and get out what I need to swap. Its a lot of work for a different head or pose.

Just curious on anyone's thoughts.

-Mike
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:02 AM   #2
DarkLantern
Justice League

I display the pieces that I want to and then I buy small plastic totes and line them with foam and put the extra pieces in there. I keep the totes close by because I like to change up the display fairly regularly.
DarkLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:28 AM   #3
Peedi
The Secret Six

Depends. For parts I want to swap I’ll leave the non displayed head right next to it or behind the statue. Usually heads, or swap out weapons.

For parts I won’t swap out I leave them in the box. Typically the non-energy hands if there’s an energy hand, or the fist or open hand if there’s a weapon hand, and a few regular heads if I far prefer the Ex.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:47 AM   #4
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLantern View Post
I display the pieces that I want to and then I buy small plastic totes and line them with foam and put the extra pieces in there. I keep the totes close by because I like to change up the display fairly regularly.
If you don't mind posting a pic of these tots and the lining. I like the way that sounds and would like to see yours to gather a few ideas.

Thanks.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:28 AM   #5
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I put on the pieces I like. I’ve never switched anything out. They are all still in the box.
Old 06-15-2021, 03:53 PM   #6
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

I like to get everything out of the boxes and store the boxes. This way I'll actually utilize the switch outs and ensure the additional items aren't being heat damaged in an attic-stored box.

I started with Pelican cases to store COH's etc. Then upgraded to drawers with foam inserts underneath my display. Now I just pull a drawer and swap a head. Increases the collecting fun for me and gets a surprised reaction from people when I show them drawers filled with alternate display options.

Switched to Moducase drawers
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:58 PM   #7
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
I like to get everything out of the boxes and store the boxes. This way I'll actually utilize the switch outs and ensure the additional items aren't being heat damaged in an attic-stored box.

I started with Pelican cases to store COH's etc. Then upgraded to drawers with foam inserts underneath my display. Now I just pull a drawer and swap a head. Increases the collecting fun for me and gets a surprised reaction from people when I show them drawers filled with alternate display options.

Switched to Moducase drawers
possibly one of the most awesome, yet ridiculous things in this hobby I've seen in a while.

good work
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:12 PM   #8
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
possibly one of the most awesome, yet ridiculous things in this hobby I've seen in a while.

good work
Thank you, sir. Our mere light or unhealthy participation in such an expensive and needless hobby is ridiculous to most. May as well lean into it full tilt and enjoy yourself.

I find it more accessible and less insane to guests when they visit and see a clean display with all of the unnecessaries tucked away in their own place. Also accommodates my OCD.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:18 PM   #9
Lestat Phoenix
Birdman

Oh my Walkerfodder. You just made me spend more money.
Lestat Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:22 PM   #10
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

@Lestat hah! Well, the pelican cases aren't necessary. They do seal tightly and keep light out, but if I were on a budget, I'd take DarkLantern's route.

You can buy plastic bins and order pre-cubed foam sheets online. Much cheaper than buying a Pelican case.