Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-19-2024, 07:14 PM   #41
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Ironically enough it's in stock on Ironstudios.com for US customers. Seems like they just got it in as it's in the "new release" section. I think it's a cool statue. A HUGE statue. But I just don't know how many of these were actually produced. It's $1000, and 23" x 26" x 19.7". That's quite the space taker. More like a 1/6 piece.

I've said this before, but I just don't see the "hype" with the AoA line the same way IS captured us with the original X-Men Sentinel line. That was dope, and went on for quite a while. This I haven't heard a peep on any new character announcements.
Their first X-Men series was able to connect to the nostalgia that many have from the 90’s series. So it’s far more mainstream and it’s the reason that so many manufacturer nothing but Jim Lee inspired costumes.

Whereas while the AOA era was at a similar timeframe, comics are far less mainstream than that animated series. I personally love the story as it was pretty much my first comic purchase when I picked up that issue of Xavier getting killed!
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 07:40 PM   #42
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
It?s already in the hands of collectors!

Popcultcha (Australia) got it in stock not that long ago. So I?ve got to assume others got it months ago.
Thanks! I love this statue. Its pricy but its the only Apocalypse statue I like - apart from the Bowen one, which is quite wee compared to this big guy. Also, it is soooo dynamic!
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 09:02 AM   #43
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Their first X-Men series was able to connect to the nostalgia that many have from the 90?s series. So it?s far more mainstream and it?s the reason that so many manufacturer nothing but Jim Lee inspired costumes.

Whereas while the AOA era was at a similar timeframe, comics are far less mainstream than that animated series. I personally love the story as it was pretty much my first comic purchase when I picked up that issue of Xavier getting killed!
Oh trust me I agree with you. I grew up in the 90s, and when the AoA storyline came out, everyone was hyped about it. It was pretty big news at the time for comic readers. It just hasn't held up the past decade. Like you said, the Lee X-Men are the mainstream versions (which I am ok with), but I just wish this had caught on stronger.

I hope IS releases more pieces for this line. I'd love to see AoA Cyclops.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:29 AM   #44
iceprince_x
Deadman

I want a Blink and Sunfire
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 12:21 AM   #45
Davidian
Omega Flight

This is the definitive AOA Apoc for me sadly:

Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 07:15 PM   #46
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Why aren't more people high on this Apocalypse statue?
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote