Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-30-2020, 06:56 PM   #941
dao2
Cyclops

Something I had shipped airmail a week or two ago was double the normal price, this week to do the same shipping it's more than twice the already doubled price :| It's not P1s fault, but they should have just postponed the sale tbh. I know it's golden week but still.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 04:43 AM   #942
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Found a bigger image.
For all you collectors of 'GOLD' Batman, now is your chance!

To be fair, Gold 1/3 scale Batman is up for $563.00
It might be worth getting and re painting black with red bat logo and eyes

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 06:10 AM   #943
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
To be fair, Gold 1/3 scale Batman is up for $563.00
It might be worth getting and re painting black with red bat logo and eyes

As others have said its the shipping that kills the thrill .
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:13 PM   #944
ukshaun
Hercules

I read somewhere prices for shipping are on the up.
If i recall, shipping increased some ago as fuel prices were on the rise.
Currently, the price of oil has crashed.
If anything, fuel prices should be dropping, and likewise, shipping prices should be going down, not up?
Old 05-05-2020, 12:55 PM   #945
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
I read somewhere prices for shipping are on the up.
If i recall, shipping increased some ago as fuel prices were on the rise.
Currently, the price of oil has crashed.
If anything, fuel prices should be dropping, and likewise, shipping prices should be going down, not up?
Labor is probably in short supply though. My guess is less units being shipped in general, then they have to up the price per unit to stay afloat.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:22 AM   #946
ukshaun
Hercules

I just read a post of Facebook - Prime 1 shipping prices appear to have gone through the roof!

I just got an email from Prime1 saying that they are increasing the cost of the shipping to $709.
The previous statue I got from them had shipping & handling cost of $297 which was acceptable
due to the size of the statues, but $709 is ridiculously expensive. Did anyone else have the
same experience? I am thinking of cancelling the order if the cost of the shipping is that high!!

‎- Semi El Sharef‎

The piece is Black Hush Superman

Others have commented:
'Dude wtf... They increased my shipping cost from 337 to 599 dollars, just like that' - Florian Ries
'Yes I posted the other day...$900 to uk, when normally I pay $250!' - Sam Smith
'My shipping is $719, and I’m in Asia!!!!' - Mazrul

COVID-19 is hitting shipping hard.
It makes no sense. Oil prices have crashed.
Tons of spare planes available, as people cannot use them.

I have 2x 1/4 scale pieces on pre_order direct from Prime 1. If shipping is $500 per piece, then i will cancel both pieces.

For the moment, i think it makes sense to hold off pre_ordering anything new.
I have 3 mores pieces on pre_order (1x Sideshow, 1x HMO, 1x XM Studios). I wonder how the shipping will work out?
Old 05-08-2020, 11:31 AM   #947
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs down

Quote:
I just read a post of Facebook - Prime 1 shipping prices appear to have gone through the roof!

I just got an email from Prime1 saying that they are increasing the cost of the shipping to $709.
The previous statue I got from them had shipping & handling cost of $297 which was acceptable
due to the size of the statues, but $709 is ridiculously expensive. Did anyone else have the
same experience? I am thinking of cancelling the order if the cost of the shipping is that high!!
‎- Semi El Sharef‎

The piece is Black Hush Superman

Others have commented:
'Dude wtf... They increased my shipping cost from 337 to 599 dollars, just like that' - Florian Ries
'Yes I posted the other day...$900 to uk, when normally I pay $250!' - Sam Smith
'My shipping is $719, and I’m in Asia!!!!' - Mazrul

COVID-19 is hitting shipping hard.
It makes no sense. Oil prices have crashed.
Tons of spare planes available, as people cannot use them.

I have 2x 1/4 scale pieces on pre_order direct from Prime 1. If shipping is $500 per piece, then i will cancel both pieces.

For the moment, i think it makes sense to hold off pre_ordering anything new.
I have 3 mores pieces on pre_order (1x Sideshow, 1x HMO, 1x XM Studios). I wonder how the shipping will work out?
IMO it is a total scam, statues that I have paid of 100% and even statues that wil be released next year al have gotten increased shippingcosts. I must now pay a total amount of $2650,00 extra shippingcosts for my pre-orders!
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:42 AM   #948
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I just logged into the P1 website. I ordered the Batman Hush (Batcave edition) and it seems my shipping hasn't changed from what I locked in. Now that probably won't see any release until 2022 so we will see. I'll say this I will not agree to any other shipping price other than what is in my invoice. If it goes through the roof then i want my NRD back.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:48 AM   #949
Augen
Metal Men

There is a breaking point for me. If I can't get a P1 piece via US distributor (SS, SF, SC, etc.) then just have to pass on it.

I should note my Alita Deluxe is set to ship next week from Sideshow for $75 which is perfectly reasonable in my view.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:49 AM   #950
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I just logged into the P1 website. I ordered the Batman Hush (Batcave edition) and it seems my shipping hasn't changed from what I locked in. Now that probably won't see any release until 2022 so we will see. I'll say this I will not agree to any other shipping price other than what is in my invoice. If it goes through the roof then i want my NRD back.
Did you use economy shipping? It doesn't seem to be affecting that.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just checked my Zod and the shipping went from $161 on my original invoice to $255. Seems like they shouldn't be able to change something after they quoted you a price. I won't be ordering direct from them ever again. They should really have just stuck with Sideshow.

haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote