Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-07-2017, 10:08 PM   #1
joyfi2
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

PCS 1:4 statue (repair advice)

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can offer any advice as to how to fix a problem I have. A PCS 1:4 mixed media statue I have has leaning issues because one of the foot-holes in the base was widened a bit over the years, thus the statue leans to its left side and would fall over if not supported by my hands.

Is there any method that collectors do in this situation that can fix the problem? Is there a way to use some type of material to close the foot-hole enough so its no longer wide?

any advice much appreciated, thank you.
joyfi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:21 AM   #2
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Personally I would JB weld a metal sleeve in there so it can't enlarge again. I have a similar situation with a piece, but it is the statue itself that is leaning. Not an issue with the base so I haven't even tried messing with heating the legs yet to see if I can get it back straight and it is super top heavy so gotta be careful.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 01:40 AM   #3
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Tissue paper
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:18 AM   #4
Toulon89
Kindly Asked To Leave

which statue
Toulon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:11 AM   #5
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Which statue is it?

I had a similar issue with one of my old SS pieces, and I used epoxy sculpt (aVes) to fill in the peg hole, added some petroleum jelly to the peg (helps preventing it from sticking to the epoxy), and then pushed it into the peg hole/base. Made sure I didn't add too much and that it still went in so it was flush and not tilting. Left it in there and waited about 1.5 hours before I pulled it out (starts to harden at about 2-3 hours, then cures solid after 24 hours). It stayed in tact when I removed it, and then just let it fully cure. Once it was fully cured I lightly sanded any of the excess so it was flush with a dremel. Fixed the issue for me.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote