Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #41
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
If I ever revisited a character it would not be in the same pose. If anything it would make the first version more valuable.

But as I said right now there are no plans to do this
Ahh dude. I hope you dont. If you redo Akuma or Ryu, I would defo buy them and I dont want to. I know if you redid them, they would look better and then I'd buy them and I wont want the older ones standing with the rest of them. I dont want to have to do that. Truth be told if you do them again, what if everyone who already has them decides to buy the newer versions as well? There will still be plenty of people who wont be able to get their hands on them, again!

It's one of the main reasons why I love this line is because Akuma and Ryu are valuable now. I know everyone keeps saying it, but it's the fun in collecting to hunt down older statues. If you don't get your hands on them, then sorry. I would be put off, if you revisit ANY character you have already done........
SARFARAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #42
benocehcap
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfoo View Post
Ahh dude. I hope you dont. If you redo Akuma or Ryu, I would defo buy them and I dont want to. I know if you redid them, they would look better and then I'd buy them and I wont want the older ones standing with the rest of them. I dont want to have to do that. Truth be told if you do them again, what if everyone who already has them decides to buy the newer versions as well? There will still be plenty of people who wont be able to get their hands on them, again!

It's one of the main reasons why I love this line is because Akuma and Ryu are valuable now. I know everyone keeps saying it, but it's the fun in collecting to hunt down older statues. If you don't get your hands on them, then sorry. I would be put off, if you revisit ANY character you have already done........
Shut up, just shut up. Jerry had me at "hello"

I’m new to this SF line and I did missed most part of it. However, I just started to appreciate the beauty, talent and design of each character created by Jerry boy. So if in the future he decide to create new poses with passed characters I will “show him the money!!”. Because I love you. You...you complete me.
benocehcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:43 PM   #43
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

I agree 100% with crazyfoo. I came in this line officially last December when V-B sold me his Ryu which was supposed to be my X'mas present for myself which I did pay a premium for it. Initially I just wanted the classic character/combat between Ryu and Ken which is an epic and already a legend to all SF followers. I told myself then I wont buy any of the others character since I don't want another line. Yet I keep on reading about Akuma and the rest! law and behold I have acquired myself the Zangiefs already. Now I am on the hunt for an Akuma. the rest are following...

If the Akuma and the rest of 1/4 scale will be revisited or remade (better/worst). I would have to say Jerry you lost my vote and will not collect any of the line anymore. I dont mind searching down Akuma even with all the imperfections, its the thrill and the excitement of collecting. Its what gives meaning to seeking the rare and most wanted pieces that make this hobby fun and lucrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfoo View Post

------
Quote:
Glad you like your Zangief...he came out great

I wouldnt say there is 'no hope'. If the line still has steam at the end of this year and I find that more people are joining in the fun then I will consider doing new versions of the early characters.

Chasing rare pieces is part of the fun of collecting, however not being able to get the main character in the series is a bit of a bummer..
Steam? where is the steam? steam is the after effect of putting out the fire. Jerry your on fire right now IMO, I am just one of the few people who got hook into this line.. Imagine how many more will you wake-up once Guile comes-out?! Keep it up your doing a fantastic job! but keep the prices low.. lol...

------

REQUESTING AKUMA OWNERS:
Can you send me a photo of the outer most shipping box of an Akuma PF? with dimensions please. I am in a negotiation process of acquiring one with a fellow member here.. need it for shipping accuracy. thanks guys appreciate it
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #44
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Ive always said I would never re-release the already made statues and I wont.

The only character I would think about re-visiting is Ryu since he is the main character and I think everyone who collects the line should be able to have him.

*IF* I did do it at some later date the original Ryu would skyrocket in value so I cant see how anyone would really be upset about that.

But its not really on my radar right now...I was just answering a hypothetical.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #45
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannequin View Post

Steam? where is the steam? steam is the after effect of putting out the fire. Jerry your on fire right now IMO, I am just one of the few people who got hook into this line.. Imagine how many more will you wake-up once Guile comes-out?! Keep it up your doing a fantastic job! but keep the prices low.. lol...
Am I on fire ? I guess its hard to see from the eye of the storm...
Old 02-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #46
fengjun
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I just got into this line with Cammy and Vega...Having miss Ryu is a bummer, but even then I would still like to see other characters done first before any revisits.
fengjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #47
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fengjun View Post
I just got into this line with Cammy and Vega...Having miss Ryu is a bummer, but even then I would still like to see other characters done first before any revisits.
There wont be any revisit...only making a new scale line!
Jerry Count me in the 1/3 scale! your RYU will be the very first 1/3 scale in my collections!
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #48
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannequin View Post
There wont be any revisit...only making a new scale line!
Jerry Count me in the 1/3 scale! your RYU will be the very first 1/3 scale in my collections!

Heres a bit of a segue...

What are the thoughts on doing the 1/3rd Ryu similar to Cinemaquettes with realistic skin and real hair ?

Of course the cost is going to skyrocket.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #49
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

gah i hate Ryu, need a Rose!!!
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #50
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Heres a bit of a segue...

What are the thoughts on doing the 1/3rd Ryu similar to Cinemaquettes with realistic skin and real hair ?

Of course the cost is going to skyrocket.
If he comes out looking awesome then I'm in!!
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote