Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: In what condition did your Scorpion Statue arrive ?
My Scorpion Statue was fine 18 24.66%
My Scorpion Statue had flaws/breakage but I did not report to Sideshow 10 13.70%
My Scorpion Statue had flaws/breakage and I reported to Sideshow 32 43.84%
I have not checked my Scorpion Statue yet 13 17.81%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Was your Scorpion broken ?

While I made a post in the main Scorpion thread early on saying I regret the choice of styrofoam and going forward just about everything will have the higher grade foam, Ive refrained from posting any further until I heard back from Sideshow on how many broken Scorpions were reported to them.

See, I figured if there was a massive amount of broken Scorpions that Sideshow would have instantly contacted me to say 'hey we have a problem and you owe us a bunch of money' as I am responsible for paying them back for broken pieces (either in cash or in replacements).

I finally heard from Sideshow yesterday. They gave me a list of the broken Scorpions and boy was I surprised...

Before I say how many broken Scorpions have been reported to Sideshow I want to do a little poll.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Interesting... Can't wait to hear whether it's a lot or not.

Daniel at Sideshow told me there were no more spare bodies. Which to me implied maybe a lot had been returned and exchanged...
But then they have 10 EX Scorpians up for sale.
Sideshow is a strange place.

On the other hand I think a ton of people do not come to this website, plus probably do not post if everything is OK. So it could all be hot air!

Either way, I just hope I can get mine replaced so it's mint. I LOVE the statue. The pose is so dynamic and bold.

Jerry, I think you said at some point that you would never, as some of the other companies do, design statues that are creatively limited by fears of shipping damage. I would prefer you kept that mentality and just improved the shipping methods and materials.

The Scorpian statue is case in point. In my opinion it's much more ambitious than the Syco statues (just my opinion peeps before you jump down my throat!). I'd much rather have a statue like this than the Syco standing version (pretty boring if you ask me).
So please maintain your approach to the statues and just improve your shipping standards.

I think with each statue you guys are learning more in regards to shipping and I'm confident you'll get it right.
I'm pretty sure if the knee pads on Scorpian had been removable there would not be half the amount of broken statues. Hindsight is 20:20 I guess!

Keep up the great work :-)

Cheers
Mark
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
ThomasMak0524
The Spirit

My replacement came in broken as well. Double my vote...

I followed the Scorpion thread and there's about 20-25 messed up ones at least.
ThomasMak0524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I am guessing, its going to be a low number because i dont think you would have started a thread and a poll.

I do think that the magnet issue is widespread because sideshow are refusing to send out new heads.

But total scorpions broken i would say is low (ish)

ALthough i would be interested to know how many are left in stock. (e.g reg)
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #5
Vracula
Jedi Order

Mine was perfect , apart from the magnet issue.

A question though Jerry why the change in reg numbers?
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
antnie
I am da law!

Mine did not come broken. But when I look at the statue it looks like the knee caps had broke at the factory and they fixed it.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
Turtle
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Jerry, please clarify this for us. Has the edition size dropped to 400 or was it a manufacturing error?
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #8
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Mine was perfect , apart from the magnet issue.

We were a little too generous thinking we would hit 700....400 is where we stopped taking orders because the factory needed a final number.

Ill never go back and make the other 300 so figured might as well just make the official number 400.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #9
artofgarduno
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Wow 400. Thats a very nice low number. This scorpion will become the next akuma very soon
artofgarduno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
We were a little too generous thinking we would hit 700....400 is where we stopped taking orders because the factory needed a final number.

Ill never go back and make the other 300 so figured might as well just make the official number 400.
Thanks for Clarifying Jerry, Alterton an you just smacked it out of the ballpark with this one, the detail on the armor is just stunning and even though i prefered the original paint scheme on the base i understand that the final version is more faithfull to the game.Well done , i cant wait for the next piece and getting a sculptor like John Cleary onboard means that we will have some stunning stuff up ahead.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote