Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-07-2018, 09:09 PM   #151
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Thing is, we know these comments are seen there by those who need to see them, and having other people agreeing can go a long way in having some changes done.

Granted, they seemed to be touchy about this Hathaway particularly, as a post where shaun and I took part in mysteriously vanished after quite a lot of people joined in.

Edit - I think it actually was still there, but comments were turned off to avoid the piling on.

I know, and I'm aware of the different angles. And I stand by everything I said.

Reason I suggested via email is that they might be too busy to look at the Facebook group, especially now (Wonder Festival 2018 is coming up in under one month).

The problem is exactly as you said, people tend to dog-pile them and Prime 1 is a tad sensitive. One thing people forget is that they are a Japanese company, so how people express themselves to them is very important.

You can't really come at them super aggressive as I've seen people do quite often.

Second, I have to agree with Jade as comparing with bad event photos is iffy. It's like the perpetual cycle when people see unfavorable pictures and just slam a piece that was otherwise fine (think of Griffith from Berserk).

While there are points of improvements to be done on Catwoman (something has already changed), some I think you can chalk down to bad photos and lack of public information. One of those being that the prototype's hip peg wasn't connecting with the waist.

All said, I think feedback is valuable and I'm pretty sure they've listened. As far as I've read, Batman wasn't going to be up for awhile, so I suspect the same applies to Catwoman.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:14 PM   #152
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
Reason I suggested via email is that they might be too busy to look at the Facebook group, especially now (Wonder Festival 2018 is coming up in under one month).
Good point. Let's do both things then - e-mail and Facebook. Shaun, get to it. ^_^

Quote:
how people express themselves to them is very important.

You can't really come at them super aggressive as I've seen people do quite often.
Agreed, some people are really embarrassing. Many a man-child in this hobby, I guess.

Quote:
Second, I have to agree with Jade as comparing with bad event photos is iffy.
You forget we had pretty nice videos, too. Neck was the same there. ;-)
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:23 PM   #153
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Hey, kite, I'm really 'particular' about portraits, too. And a big Catwoman fan, too, so even if I've learned over time to refrain quite a bit from critizing this and that on forums - precisely because I know how different things can be depending on... this and that... I'm obviously really interested in them offering a Hathaway I can't resist, which is why I felt compelled to pester them a bit here.

Pesonally I haven't mentioned the eyes today as the fact they changed where she was looking really improved them - no longer was she a deer in the lights. But I do think Hathaway's got a particularly long and slender neck that somehow got lost on their offering. And yes, I think her chin could do with at least a tiny reduction. Mind you, it's not like they're currently giving us Jay Leno or anything, lol.

As for the hand on her hip, I want to believe them and can't wait to see her with her hand properly resting there!
Agreed. If anything, I can't see them doing a switch out with the arm/hand on her hip, so it should be an easy fix to better connect without the gap. This seems to have been unique case too, if judging from the production Arkham Harley and the Batgirl and Ultimate Wonder Woman protos that have more successful hand on hip poses.

I didn't know they changed the eyes, but I did notice the direction they were facing in the convention photo didn't match the poster the pose is based on, so that makes sense.

I'm not the biggest Nolan trilogy fan, but Hathaway's performance of my favorite character was a definite highlight, so I'm excited for the piece either way. I got burned by XM removing the Hathaway-esque portrait on the Nina/motorcycle version, so it's my only hope at this point LOL.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:33 PM   #154
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:

The problem is exactly as you said, people tend to dog-pile them and Prime 1 is a tad sensitive. One thing people forget is that they are a Japanese company, so how people express themselves to them is very important.

Second, I have to agree with Jade as comparing with bad event photos is iffy. It's like the perpetual cycle when people see unfavorable pictures and just slam a piece that was otherwise fine (think of Griffith from Berserk).

While there are points of improvements to be done on Catwoman (something has already changed), some I think you can chalk down to bad photos and lack of public information. One of those being that the prototype's hip peg wasn't connecting with the waist.

All said, I think feedback is valuable and I'm pretty sure they've listened. As far as I've read, Batman wasn't going to be up for awhile, so I suspect the same applies to Catwoman.
I try to catch myself being "too critical of the criticisms", but it's hard sometimes when I like a piece for the most part already, especially now that companies like P1, HMO, Kinetiquettes, etc. are more willing to bend to ones with which I disagree, like your example with Griffith, which I also think has a decent portrait (my familiarity with the character is manga, not anime based like most fans though.) At least, with the exception of some XM pieces and the 1:2 BvS Wonder Woman, most of the changes occur before deposits are taken, so it's all fair game.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:39 PM   #155
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
This seems to have been unique case too, if judging from the production Arkham Harley and the Batgirl and Ultimate Wonder Woman protos that have more successful hand on hip poses.
Yeah, that made it all the more aggravating.

Quote:
I didn't know they changed the eyes
Yep, so they did:

(Admittedly, her whole jawline looks much better there, all shaded off and stuff. )

Mind you, that was on December 7. But twenty days later they uploaded on their Instagram a pic with her eyes looking straight ahead again, which was a bit unsettling.

Quote:
I got burned by XM removing the Hathaway-esque portrait on the Nina/motorcycle version, so it's my only hope at this point LOL.
Heheh. I hear you, that was the latest nail in the coffin for me regarding the XM Selina - I cancelled my pre-pre-order just yesterday, no money lost. Are you still getting her, though?

Quote:
especially now that companies like P1, HMO, Kinetiquettes, etc. are more willing to bend
Yeah, that's a good thing to have.

I'm off to bed, guys. It's almost 3 in the morning around here!
Old 01-07-2018, 10:00 PM   #156
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

LOL. Good night!

Multi-quote responses are kinda difficult on my tablet, but thanks for posting the updated photo. I'm actually seeing more room for improvement from that angle, so neither of us are satisfied now

I'm way on the fence with the XM Catwoman. Part of me just wants to observe from the sidelines to see how they settle the ES with the worldwide license. I should've been burned by the XM Ivy after they nixed the traditional/Western portrait, as that's the one I had pre-preordered, but I lucked out in preferring the updated version (honestly, I have enough regular Ivys, so the geisha theme/portrait was my main attraction to the piece.) All three Batgirl portraits look great though, so I'm hoping to PO that too. Sorry for derailing the thread a bit there.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:41 AM   #157
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22
I got burned by XM removing the Hathaway-esque portrait on the Nina/motorcycle version, so it's my only hope at this point LOL.
That was a bizarre move by XM Studios. They left out the best portrait? and decided to go with:

1. Bland - this replaced the Hathaway-esque head
2. Mask - ok, but never a fovourite of mine.
3. Better than 1. and 2. complete with make no sense hair-pins?

Wearing a crash helmet would have been better than 1. Bland head.

I had my eye on the Catwoman on motor bike ever since it was announced. If they had of included portrait they decided not to include, i might have pulled my wallet out.

/back on topic
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:27 AM   #158
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
I'm actually seeing more room for improvement from that angle, so neither of us are satisfied now
Lol, we're a sorry bunch.

XM's Ivy is nice indeed. I'm still holding out for Prime 1's version, though.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:11 AM   #159
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Good point. Let's do both things then - e-mail and Facebook. Shaun, get to it. ^_^

Agreed, some people are really embarrassing. Many a man-child in this hobby, I guess.

You forget we had pretty nice videos, too. Neck was the same there. ;-)
Prime 1 thanked me for my email. I guess the more constructive criticism they receive, the bigger the chances are, improvements will be made. I guess the answer will come soon enough. I doubt big changes will happen, but who knows?

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I will pass your suggestions to our development team.

Thank you for your support.
Prime1studio
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:56 AM   #160
Shoo
Hercules

Well, it's not like they're gonna tell you to sod off.

But yeah, the mere fact that they replied to you (in a nice way, too) is encouraging. Besides, as Guilty said, they're Japanese.