Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-04-2021, 03:36 PM   #221
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
3 episodes in and I’m still sort of meh.

Anyone else know the tv show set references?

Stick with it. Episode 4 is where it really picks up IMO.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:22 AM   #222
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Anyone else know the tv show set references?
I read some others are The Brady Bunch, Family Ties, and Full House.

I just started watching it a few days ago and am now caught up, and while it’s not grabbing me as it is others, it does really pick up after the first couple of episodes and for me, gets more interesting.

Mid credit scenes in episodes 7 & 8.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:25 AM   #223
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Also I thought going from the 4:3 frame ratio to 16:9 was a nice touch and attention to detail.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:28 AM   #224
Shoo
The Enchantress

Heads-up for the finale - there's a mid-credits scene AND another scene right at the end.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:16 AM   #225
Augen
The Hulk

I thought the finale was...okay. Not terrible, but just sort of all right. I thought some aspects were sort of swept aside or put off.

Over all a solid show with a great middle section I enjoyed even if the landing didn't quite stick.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 01:29 PM   #226
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Heads-up for the finale - there's a mid-credits scene AND another scene right at the end.
Crap. I didn’t know there was an end scene too. Need to go rewatch it.

Thanks!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:09 PM   #227
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Wow, I thought it was a great show.

Spoiler
I actually teared up a bit during the Vision/Wanda/kids final scene...lol. I also didn't really know what was going on during the final fight with Agatha and I'm a former comic reader so I don't know if newcomers to the stories will be able to figure out much. I think a final scene with Kat Davis would have been nice, not sure why that didn't happen.

Overall, I have to give the show a 9/10...just felt like movie-quality in a TV show with great performances by Wanda and Vision.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:28 PM   #228
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Wow, I thought it was a great show.

Overall, I have to give the show a 9/10...just felt like movie-quality in a TV show with great performances by Wanda and Vision.

Anyone know how to do the hide spoilers thing? I didn't want to post them.
Use ["spoiler"] and then ["/spoiler"] at the end, take out the quotes.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:29 PM   #229
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Crap. I didn’t know there was an end scene too. Need to go rewatch it.

Thanks!
The end credits scene is actually mind blowing.
Old 03-05-2021, 03:07 PM   #230
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Okay so, after watching it twice, my thoughts on the finale

Spoiler
While the season finale doesn't pay off the multitude of fan theories that have ripped through the internet over it's 8 week span, it did broil the series back to what it should essentially be about. Wanda, Vision and her grief over his death and never really getting closure after Thanos ripped the Mind Stone from him.

What it did Right:
The finale finally gives us what Agatha has been after, Wanda's power, and gives us the battle between the two that is literally on a movies scale and budget.

It also gives us the real Scarlet Witch, as Wanda finally is showing her true power level and the end credits scene gives us a glimpse at her future and actually might hurl us towards one of the fan theories that have been floating around. Seeing her in her Scarlet Witch form actually gave me goosebumps.

It also gives us a close to Wanda's grief over Vision with a truly sad goodbye. The final scene between the two is a punch to the chest, but..I'll get to this "but" later.

It also gives us a mid-credits scene promising more from standout Monica Rambeau. Giving her another outing in the Secret Invasion show that Marvel has in the works.

What it did Wrong:
The Even Peters cameos being nothing more than slight of hand feels like a cheap trick and having him reduced to being "Ralph" was just an ugh moment.

Hayward being arrested feels justified but not having Monica be the one to take him into custody feels off. After all he wronged Monica on multiple levels, it just didn't feel right with her not being involved in bringing him in. Also this leaves the Sword agency with a major vacancy and it's never addressed.

Lastly, there's now another Vision running around the MCU. While Vision is a great character and this does come from the comics leaving another Vision out there did lessen the Goodbye at the end of the show, so while it was still a punch to the chest it didn't feel like a true ending and more like a "We'll see this again later".

What's Next:
Monica is obviously destined to go up to Space with Nick Fury and be apart of Secret Invasion, which I think is an excellent choice and her and Nick with the Skrulls feels like an excellent fit.

Wanda studying the Darkhold and being called by her children feels like the beginning of a new Big Bad for the MCU and yes, that fan theory about Mephisto does feel like a good fit here. Enter Doctor Strange and The Multiverse of Madness.

With Hayward being arrested and Agatha being imprisoned that leaves three characters fates up in the air. White Vision is some where in the MCU and where he pops up next is anyone's guess. I do hold out hope we see more from Darcy and Agent Woo as future characters in the MCU as I thought both did a great job but were under utilized as the series came to a close.

Overall, I loved this first series from Marvel Studios. It did close with some questions and questionable choices, but as an stand alone story that leaves us wanting more I give it an 8.5/10.

Last edited by Josh-a-tron; 03-05-2021 at 03:16 PM.