Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-03-2021, 02:07 PM   #21
cjacobs83
Justice League

XM Studios, Prime 1 and QS are releasing left and right. To add to it, these pieces are 2-3x times more expensive. Sideshow has previewed more PCS statues over their own PF/MAQUETTE lines.

I've posted this before, Sideshow is the new Big Bad Toy Store (i have nothing against BBTS). Sideshow is now carrying 6" action figures and funko backpacks. They obviously are going in a new direction. I have a feeling the monopoly of their licensing rights will come to an end shortly. It's not likely they'll renew at this current release pace.
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:45 PM   #22
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Why wouldn't they when they can hold us hostage? Unless they come to terms and become a distributor for XM, there is no gain for Sideshow to let go of the Marvel and DC 1:4 scale. Prime 1 they at least sell the 1:3, so I'm sure they get a piece of that pie.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:50 PM   #23
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

In the process of selling all my sideshow 1/4 pieces. Will be able to pay off all credit card debt and have a chunk of money left over for a couple of high end pieces I have in pre order eg Iron Studios Sentinels, XM Justice league vs darkseid. Yes they are more expensive but decided I'd rather just have a few big pieces and be done rather than pouring money into lacklustre 1/4 pieces and waiting forever for them to release certain characters. Only thing I will consider in future is Batman rogues as I've kept that part of my collection.
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:03 PM   #24
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sideshow mostly just does repeat main characters anyways so I'm done with them. I've turned to the custom market for characters I want.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:11 PM   #25
banner23
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ten View Post
In the process of selling all my sideshow 1/4 pieces. Will be able to pay off all credit card debt and have a chunk of money left over for a couple of high end pieces I have in pre order eg Iron Studios Sentinels, XM Justice league vs darkseid. Yes they are more expensive but decided I'd rather just have a few big pieces and be done rather than pouring money into lacklustre 1/4 pieces and waiting forever for them to release certain characters. Only thing I will consider in future is Batman rogues as I've kept that part of my collection.
Quality over quantity is the way to go.
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:31 PM   #26
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

If they're going to slow down and just put out mediocre statues with mixed media, then let Prime 1 or Iron Studios make some 1/4 or 1/6 X-Men.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:37 PM   #27
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

As far as Sideshow is concerned for DC in the last 4-6 months I think I've seen Bane Maq., Black Canary ver. 2, Darkseid Maq. and TBWL PF.

Marvel I believe the Iron Man Mark XLIII and Wolverine Brown Suit ver. 2 has been it.

I'm hoping for some teases for Sideshow's B-day later this month.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:43 PM   #28
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I don't think this gets stated enough. Those with means have fewer places to spend and are looking for more outlets. Take a look at the across the board inflation in the CGC market: if you're stuck sitting around at home, a mix of hobby and investment is the perfect mix to justify hundreds or thousands on a purchase.
It's a K-shape recovery. The 20-30% of people with jobs that were good for WFH to begin with are continuing on with their careers uninterrupted, saving money and probably even buying homes earlier than anticipated. The lower middle class with service jobs are getting decimated unless it's working at an Amazon FC. Where do statue collectors generally fall in terms of occupation/socio-economically? I'm guessing it could be similar to buying luxury cars. Most people that do buy probably would be better served spending their money elsewhere and are not particularly wealthy.

For me personally, I'm disappointed with the lack of announcement of SSC's annual/bi-annual PF Vader. Or even another Mythos Vader would do. Although I prefer Vader 1:4s to not be too weird looking.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:46 PM   #29
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Funny that this thread popped up, as i was thinking about starting one myself. Seems like every other company has POs going up every week with sideshow doing one every month or so.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:01 PM   #30
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Something is up. Hopefully they lose the license exclusives. I have no issue with Iron Studios or PCS doing Marvel, DC and Star Wars. Let’s do it.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote