Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-22-2019, 10:40 AM   #171
Ado
Doh!

Guys what the transport box dimension and weight?
Ado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:33 AM   #172
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ado View Post
Guys what the transport box dimension and weight?
The weight was 31 pounds, but I'm not at home to measure the shipper.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:10 PM   #173
goto
Mephisto

Congrats Grayfox Lara of Weta looks best in this display.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:59 PM   #174
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I love how Snake is almost unnoticeable behind his wall in that angle. Oh that's Snake alright.
Lol ! Exactly.
Before I got Snake in hand. I was looking for a place to put him . Then I figured that wall would be best because you can see him from one angle while walking into room , then see him peaking out while sitting down.
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:27 PM   #175
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I call this a nearly perfect statue well worth the money.
As long as those plastic plants hold up over time.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:05 PM   #176
Chunk
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

This was my first statue from Weta and gotta say I'm impressed. The quality is really good overall. Paint could have been better on some areas on the Jaguar's undercarriage where the hind legs adjoin the body. It had what appeared to be minor scratches, missing paint or something. Believe it or not a sharpie, pencil and crayon touched it up. Lol! Nobody will ever see or know the difference and wasn't worth the hassle of replacement. Other than that it's perfect. The quality of the moss is superior to anything Prime 1 could do and that's saying something! This piece feels like art and has true craftsmanship. I'm really happy!

Side note: It took me forever to figure out how to put her bow on for some reason.
Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:56 AM   #177
nearmint
Phoenix

A few more...

Old 03-25-2019, 06:55 AM   #178
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
A few more...
Thank you sooooo much for all your pics and your review! Mine has finally shipped and will hopefully arrive in the next one or two days. I cannot wait to get her!
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:09 PM   #179
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Thank you sooooo much for all your pics and your review! Mine has finally shipped and will hopefully arrive in the next one or two days. I cannot wait to get her!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
Old 03-25-2019, 05:46 PM   #180
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Hate to be the downer of this thread, but....

This has not been a great week for me and these statues. This is three in a row all in a week.

I got a special version where the jaguar won. Lara was decapitated. As I struggled to remove the tree from the styrofoam, I looked to see what in the world could be keeping it wedged in there. Oh - it was HER HEAD. Really, the way this was packed I wasn't seeing how that head isn't snapping off in transit, so those of you getting these intact are pretty lucky. Sometimes, there is such a thing as jamming these things in there too tight.

The jaguar also had a small white spot on it that would've bothered me.

Really, it is for the best as long as I can get a refund. I do not like the portrait. I thought it when I saw nearmint's pics, but it was even more obvious in person. This does not look like the prototype. It's like the prototype squeezed in. I am not sure I would have known who this was if I had to display it - it doesn't look at all like the in-game model. Maybe the styrofoam was designed for the less stretched out head.... maybe they had to stretch the design to try and get it closer to 1:4 scale (which it doesn't sound like it really is, either).

Proto's on the left, in-game on the right, nearmint's in-hand in the middle. I don't know. Maybe it's the angle, although I looked at some of the early con videos and there wasn't really a "bad" angle to me on those. Whenever I picked up her head in person, I immediately did not think it resembled the proto images/videos I've been looking at.

I don't know... maybe this is an improvement. Yeah, I would probably be trying to be more positive if this didn't happen, but I can't see any way I wouldn't have been severely disappointed.

BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote