Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-03-2018, 01:59 PM   #1461
protector2814
Phoenix

Bojack Horseman on Netflix - Seasons 1-3. 8.5/10

Wow. Disguised under silly & often hilarious sight-gags & wrapped in the surreal blending of human & animals coexisting as equals in modern L.A./Hollywood, this series can be incredibly poignant, sad, beautiful & insightful. Bojack is a great character who becomes more & more complex & tragic as the seasons roll. The finale of season 3, ending w/ Nina Simone's song Stars, actually brought a few tears to me eyes. What a weird & wonderful animated show.

*- just finished season 4 & really enjoyed it. One episode towards the end was so damn dark & psychologically damning, I just couldn't believe it was on a cartoon. Anxiously waiting on season 5 which comes out this summer.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:46 AM   #1462
Vracula
Jedi Order

Planet Earth 2 - 10/10

Jaw dropping ! Mesmerizing ! The best wildlife documentary I have ever seen . Attenborough is a living treasure.

The Galapagos racer scene was just ..wow!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:45 AM   #1463
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

thanks for the suggestions guys ill be sure to check out better call saul

finished breaking bad over the weekend and I was so impressed with this show, and I loved how they ended it all, seasons 4 and 5 were just amazing

overall I gotta give the whole series a 10/10, I was constantly engaged, entertained, and hooked right from the first episode, if only more TV shows were this good
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:38 PM   #1464
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I concur. Breaking Bad is a 10/10.

And as I type that, I’m laughing thinking of the Family Guy episode where they mock people who think B.B. is the best show ever, and constantly ask other people if they have seen it
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:20 AM   #1465
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
thanks for the suggestions guys ill be sure to check out better call saul

finished breaking bad over the weekend and I was so impressed with this show, and I loved how they ended it all, seasons 4 and 5 were just amazing

overall I gotta give the whole series a 10/10, I was constantly engaged, entertained, and hooked right from the first episode, if only more TV shows were this good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

And as I type that, I’m laughing thinking of the Family Guy episode where they mock people who think B.B. is the best show ever, and constantly ask other people if they have seen it
BB gets that rare 10/10 from me too. Excellent show with great writing and characters. Only got better and stuck the landing. So hard for shows to do the latter.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:31 PM   #1466
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:

lmao I've never seen that episode but now I want to watch it haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
BB gets that rare 10/10 from me too. Excellent show with great writing and characters. Only got better and stuck the landing. So hard for shows to do the latter.
indeed they really stuck that landing! one of the best wrap ups to a series that i've ever seen, if not the best
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:33 PM   #1467
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:

Not as great but check out Ozark on Netflix . Something in the same vein as BB if you need that fix.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #1468
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Bojack Horseman on Netflix - Seasons 1-3. 8.5/10

Wow. Disguised under silly & often hilarious sight-gags & wrapped in the surreal blending of human & animals coexisting as equals in modern L.A./Hollywood, this series can be incredibly poignant, sad, beautiful & insightful. Bojack is a great character who becomes more & more complex & tragic as the seasons roll. The finale of season 3, ending w/ Nina Simone's song Stars, actually brought a few tears to me eyes. What a weird & wonderful animated show.

Great observations. Really enjoy the show for all the same reasons.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:07 AM   #1469
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Planet Earth 2 - 10/10

Jaw dropping ! Mesmerizing ! The best wildlife documentary I have ever seen . Attenborough is a living treasure.

The Galapagos racer scene was just ..wow!
Agree! I'm still trying to finish Season 1 but they are very well done and some of the scenes are literally worthy of Smithsonian or National Geographic
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:17 AM   #1470
Mister H
Gen 13

The great thing about Planet Earth 1 & 2 is that they have some of the best camera work I've ever seen.

The bad thing about the show is that there are not enough episodes.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote