Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-16-2018, 05:06 PM   #2261
SONICobra
Batman

maybe im just so desensitized to it but i dont think $1200 for the pair is really all that bad for two complete statues with this kind of detail. at the same time my berserk collecting ended with human form zodd due to pricing / size so totally understand people thinking its too much
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:10 PM   #2262
frag
Fantastic Four

I got my order in for the deluxe as well. Now to see how long until the deluxe status goes to the waitlist.
frag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:18 PM   #2263
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I ordered the deluxe, but immediately regret is. I want the second headsculpt, but I do not care about Ubik. $900 for just Slan seems way too high. $1200 for the deluxe seems too high, but certainly a better deal considering. They really should have included the second headsculpt with both of them.
Slan is maybe $100 more than I was hoping to see her at, but I never thought they’d actually price her that low - at $900 she’s actually the cheapest in the line so far (not counting Ubik), which is pretty crazy to say for a 1/4 line.

Ubik is the one with the price tag I’m more surprised by, as he’s really quite small. I no $350 is around what Prime 1 has been charging for their busts, which are a fair bit more involved than Ubik. I would have loved to have seen the DX set at $1,000 or so, but unfortunately that didn’t happen.

I think both are roughly in-line with the pricing of Griffith, which I find to be a bit expensive relative to Black Swordsman Guts and Zodd - Guts has a crazy base, and Zodd is 1/3-esque in size and really the only one in the line so far where I kind of felt like was a “good deal.” I’m still all-in because I’m a huge Berserk fan and I love what they’re producing.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:30 PM   #2264
BurningRage
Inhumans

I should’ve waited. BBTS has the deluxe $4 shipping.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:09 PM   #2265
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I should’ve waited. BBTS has the deluxe $4 shipping.
Thanks for the reminder! You should be able to cancel on Sideshow within 24 hours of placing your order and get a refund on the NRD, so people can still cancel and switch to BBTS.

From their site:

"24-hour grace period: If you disagree with the terms of this agreement, then you may cancel your order without penalty if it is within 24 hours of placing it. The NRD will be refunded in full within 1-2 business days. If rewards points were applied on the order, they will be returned to the account automatically."
Old 04-16-2018, 09:59 PM   #2266
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Keep in mind BBTS wants a larger nrd
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:03 PM   #2267
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

It also has to be easier to deal with Sideshow directly for any possible breakages with the hair or fragile parts. Get your rewards at Sideshow and play it safe on this one.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:07 PM   #2268
frag
Fantastic Four

Thanks for the heads up you two. I got my order in at BBTS instead. The net payment should be about $150 to $250 cheaper for me compared to SS.

Also I cancelled my pre-order at SS. I'm well within the 24-hour grace period, but I wanted to ask if I will get the full refund of the NRD. I put Slan on a payment plan and I see there is a Payment Plan cancellation fee.
frag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:13 PM   #2269
Vendetta
The X-Men

Good points - the NRD is $300 vs. $120, and I'd feel slightly better about working with Sideshow on any needed replacements due to their track record and relationship with Prime 1 (though my guess is that BBTS could contact Prime 1 for replacements just as Sideshow does).

I've had good experiences with both BBTS and Sideshow over the years, so I'm going to go with BBTS and will hope for the best.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:16 PM   #2270
oddmania
Blue Falcon

Just bought mine from SS.
oddmania is offline   Reply With Quote