Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #1831
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
Definitely should've been D...But in Jerry's defense he just listened to the people's will and went for B after seeing the Poll results..To his credit..this He Man looks like it jumped straight out of the 80s cartoon

To the people who chose B. Jerry listened to you and its only fair that now you do your part and support PCS by putting your money where your mouth was and buy out this He-Man
Lol now that's the truth or else I may never see a she-ra, battlecat or sorceress. Now that would be so sad after what happen to thunder cats. I hope when tthe people who is on the ropes see this they will change their minds and order a reg by then. I really don't think the ex will sell out as fast as the sf statues. I don't see that many motu statue fans.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #1832
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
I am no he man fan (grew up in the mid 90s) but I would say filmation would be the only way to go. Looking in from the outside a super realistic He Man would jsut look like some generic blonde barbarian. I wouldn't know (and I'm assuming others) it was supposed to be He Man unless it looked like this ultra cartoony look PCS decided to go with. Just my thoughts though, and this is from someone who knows nothing about He Man but what he looks like.
How about some cartoon accurate silver hawks, ninja turtles, transformers g1, gi Joe? Lol you get the point.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #1833
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
How about some cartoon accurate silver hawks, ninja turtles, transformers g1, gi Joe? Lol you get the point.
All fail. Ssc has made the best turtles out there. It doesn't need to be revisited. Who on earth will spend $350-$400 on a basic looking statue?

Only a small handful of people will buy it and that doesn't make the line successful.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #1834
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
Definitely should've been D...But in Jerry's defense he just listened to the people's will and went for B after seeing the Poll results..To his credit..this He Man looks like it jumped straight out of the 80s cartoon

To the people who chose B. Jerry listened to you and its only fair that now you do your part and support PCS by putting your money where your mouth was and buy out this He-Man
I sure as hell will.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #1835
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

This argument still raging eh?!

Why don't people get that this is cartoon style one now and then later down the road we'll get a more modern/realistic version.

The people complaining and complaining about it looking too simple etc it's a waste of time, this statue is done and is being made.

Also what people are saying what they want and of what i have seen in this thread, it really feels like people are going more towards generic barbarian and losing the He-man look completely and that's not gonna work at all.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #1836
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

He-Man the way I remember him. Thank You Jerry and Co.!
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #1837
furycat
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Silver hawk will be boring imo, they are only bunch of person wrap in silver costume . cool cartoon though.
i prefer 1/6 joes than statue. TMNT if only ssc make them in 1/4 scale

i prefer he man stick in filmation style, just imagine disney evil queen be made into realistic version statue/ she will look like julia roberts
furycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #1838
clayman1976
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
This argument still raging eh?!

Why don't people get that this is cartoon style one now and then later down the road we'll get a more modern/realistic version.

The people complaining and complaining about it looking too simple etc it's a waste of time, this statue is done and is being made.

Also what people are saying what they want and of what i have seen in this thread, it really feels like people are going more towards generic barbarian and losing the He-man look completely and that's not gonna work at all.
Because this was never confirmed nor denied. That's what the debate has been about primarily.. whether the assumed modern/realistic 1/4 scale version will happen or not. There was never anything officially said that there indeed was going to be a 2nd more modern line in 1/4 scale. Lots of people made that assumption based on comments that were made but it has not once been confirmed to be fact.
clayman1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #1839
clayman1976
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furycat View Post
Silver hawk will be boring imo, they are only bunch of person wrap in silver costume . cool cartoon though.
i prefer 1/6 joes than statue. TMNT if only ssc make them in 1/4 scale

i prefer he man stick in filmation style, just imagine disney evil queen be made into realistic version statue/ she will look like julia roberts
Or Disney Maleficent might look like Angelina Jolie.

Oh.. wait.. she is Maleficent

clayman1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:28 AM   #1840
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Oh Angie, I can't wait..
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote