Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-07-2015, 09:28 AM   #11
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
If the world of business were only that simple...

"We want the rights. You should give them to us. Because we want them really bad and make good things."

"ok! Here you go. Have fun guys."

Meanwhile, money, avoiding breeches of existing contracts, laws, and a few other important business type things.

I want what you want but unfortunately it isn't that simple.
so what has changed so that xm can now distribute to Europe Countries; Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain and Portugal!

originally it was only Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia,

i think they should do something about US collectors now paying up to $400 more. is there really nothing they can do to give their US and UK fans a level playing field of purchase price of their products???
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:29 PM   #12
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Even if they did get US rights what makes everyone think they'll still be able to get one with the current ES. Their allocation will even be more thinned out between all the sellers/distributors. They will have no choice but to raise the ES of their products.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:52 PM   #13
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-9 View Post
so what has changed so that xm can now distribute to Europe Countries; Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain and Portugal!

originally it was only Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia,

i think they should do something about US collectors now paying up to $400 more. is there really nothing they can do to give their US and UK fans a level playing field of purchase price of their products???
But that's the point, things change. They didn't originally have those countries, they acquired them as part of their distribution. It took more than "lets just do it" to get to that point. To keep it simple enough, I'm sure some logistics, planning and paperwork went into how to work out distribution to additional countries and how that affects their allocation of supplies.

My point is t that it's impossible, it's that it's not that simple. It's been said that Sideshow is part of the reason why they can't distribute to the U.S. Sideshow apparently has exclusive rights to distribute 1/4 scale DC and Marvel statues to the U.S., which is why PCS couldn't do 1/4 for their DC statues. Look at the evidence. XM can distribute Top Cow to the U.S., so obviously there's something specific blocking their sale of Marvel statues to the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeek View Post
Even if they did get US rights what makes everyone think they'll still be able to get one with the current ES. Their allocation will even be more thinned out between all the sellers/distributors. They will have no choice but to raise the ES of their products.
And they won't do that, so adding more countries, U.S. included, means it'll be just as difficult for US buyers to get a statue.

If the U.S. could order directly from XM, more people in the U.S. would try to get an XM statue because they wouldn't have to import or find a connect, but those same people would still be angry they missed out. On PO days we'd just see a whole lot more people complaining about server crashes, having it in their cart and not being able to complete their transaction. No different than a SimplyToys PO. It's because you'd have more people going after the same thing.

If XM instead used official U.S. supply chains, it means a lucky few in the U.S. will get an easy ride, but the more distributors, the less supply each will get. Good luck getting a statue from that U.S. retailer that might get 20 in stock.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:04 PM   #14
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

The only statue that would really make me start trying hard to get is an XM Spider Man. We all know it will most likely look amazing but I imagine it will be one of the most difficult to get.
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:15 PM   #15
immortalblade
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Spec or bbts. However, their distributors has now raised the price by another $400 on top of the retail price.
Not to start something, but how do we know that the distributors are raising the price by $400? Is that what these U.S. retailers are claiming? How do we know these guys are not just tacking on a few Benjamins for the heck of it? I know they can do what they want with their inventory, but if they are just price grouching, then just come out and say it.
immortalblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:56 PM   #16
traylorc
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
But that's the point, things change. They didn't originally have those countries, they acquired them as part of their distribution. It took more than "lets just do it" to get to that point. To keep it simple enough, I'm sure some logistics, planning and paperwork went into how to work out distribution to additional countries and how that affects their allocation of supplies.

My point is t that it's impossible, it's that it's not that simple. It's been said that Sideshow is part of the reason why they can't distribute to the U.S. Sideshow apparently has exclusive rights to distribute 1/4 scale DC and Marvel statues to the U.S., which is why PCS couldn't do 1/4 for their DC statues. Look at the evidence. XM can distribute Top Cow to the U.S., so obviously there's something specific blocking their sale of Marvel statues to the U.S.

And they won't do that, so adding more countries, U.S. included, means it'll be just as difficult for US buyers to get a statue.

If the U.S. could order directly from XM, more people in the U.S. would try to get an XM statue because they wouldn't have to import or find a connect, but those same people would still be angry they missed out. On PO days we'd just see a whole lot more people complaining about server crashes, having it in their cart and not being able to complete their transaction. No different than a SimplyToys PO. It's because you'd have more people going after the same thing.

If XM instead used official U.S. supply chains, it means a lucky few in the U.S. will get an easy ride, but the more distributors, the less supply each will get. Good luck getting a statue from that U.S. retailer that might get 20 in stock.
traylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:57 PM   #17
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalblade View Post
Not to start something, but how do we know that the distributors are raising the price by $400? Is that what these U.S. retailers are claiming? How do we know these guys are not just tacking on a few Benjamins for the heck of it? I know they can do what they want with their inventory, but if they are just price grouching, then just come out and say it.
To be honest you're right, we don't know. We just take people's words for things and choose to accept it or not.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:35 AM   #18
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeek View Post
To be honest you're right, we don't know. We just take people's words for things and choose to accept it or not.
Either way, if the price raises we see come from the distributor who supplies the statues to the U.S. retailers, or if it's from the U.S. retailers who sell the statues to us, the price is being raised for personal profit by one of the two. Or a combination of both. On one side, sucks for customers because it's paying more money. On the other side, one end of the business can supply something the customer otherwise can't get, so of course they seek a substantial profit because they make obtaining a forbidden item (since these are not for official distribution to US) possible.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:36 AM   #19
GunShy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Secret Compass is pretty good, Shane's a solid guy over there. But they too have a new distributor so most pieces are starting at a grand. They also seem to take just as long to get shipped as BBTS.
GunShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #20
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Because spec owner told me directly that the distributors raised the prices. He didn't directly say how much but all I had to do was to look at his asking price to what XM is selling there's for. It's about $400.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote