Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-22-2019, 01:08 PM   #351
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Has anyone removed Rogues jacket yet?
I haven’t seen one yet. But after this, I’m expecting to see some custom sculpted ones.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:54 PM   #352
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

My guess on Gambit is $780 EX / $765 CE. Ex will be a change out head with no pick. Maybe a wink for his Chere?
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:17 AM   #353
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Also, just FYI there's been multiple polls done here and on various Facebook groups, and the people who prefer fully sculpted pieces are far larger than a "small subset." This forum's poll alone resulted in almost 60% of people preferring full sculpt.
Means absolutely nothing really. How many people out of all people buy statues? Not a lot. How many people that buy statues participate in forums and Facebook groups? Even less. And of those participants, how many took these polls compared to didn’t take the polls (ie how many cared enough about the topic to take the poll?). Even less than that. I’ve been on here since 2012 and don’t even remember such a poll here (probably because I’m not checking for one, or I see it and ignore it). Sculpted vs fabric is just one of those triggers amongst heavy statue enthusiasts. The casual or seldom buyer could probably care less. Unless sideshow collects data from actual buyers of actual pieces to determine what they would’ve preferred we’ll never really know.
Peedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:25 AM   #354
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
I remember Jerry Macaluso indicating that sculpting attire is cheaper than tailoring. Either way, sculpt is still more durable and preferable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
I remember that and it makes sense. After the sculpt is done a sculpted jacket doesn't seek to cost a whole lotextra. I would imagine separate custom materials, cut and sow and fitting would be more expensive than just painting part of the piece different color.
I won’t propose to know what I’ve never experienced or been told but it does seem less expensive to sculpt more if you’re already sculpting than to have a whole different person, who also must be paid, develop another separate item with its own research, development and associated costs. Just applying business logic but I could be wrong.
Peedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:50 AM   #355
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Means absolutely nothing really. How many people out of all people buy statues? Not a lot. How many people that buy statues participate in forums and Facebook groups? Even less. And of those participants, how many took these polls compared to didn’t take the polls (ie how many cared enough about the topic to take the poll?). Even less than that. I’ve been on here since 2012 and don’t even remember such a poll here (probably because I’m not checking for one, or I see it and ignore it). Sculpted vs fabric is just one of those triggers amongst heavy statue enthusiasts. The casual or seldom buyer could probably care less. Unless sideshow collects data from actual buyers of actual pieces to determine what they would’ve preferred we’ll never really know.
Plus people who criticize PFs are more likely to vote than people who support mixed media. It’s human nature to be more vocal about something you don’t like than to praise something that you do.

Not saying that the polls don’t mean anything at all but it sure isn’t the end all be all.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:57 AM   #356
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I have no doubt they collect data. I've also seen them do quite the upswing in fully sculpted pieces over the last two years. Coincidence? Maybe. Or, maybe cut and sew is actually more expensive and this is the cheaper route for them. Either way, I'm happy to see it.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:19 AM   #357
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

For the record, I prefer fully sculpted 99% of the time, with very few exceptions. I have witnessed the various polls, which consistently reflect that the majority of collectors do in fact prefer fully sculpted statues. So, the question remains, why would SS keep using mixed media?

Now, I have no proof, insights, or hearsay, but I do believe that it is simply a question of giving a long standing, loyal, talented group of employees (cut & sew dept.) consistant work opportunities.

What a radical concept, huh?
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:38 PM   #358
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Now that the honeymoon phase is over, I finally see some imperfections. The pants look like 80s women's workout pants. It might be the pose, but he seems thicker than he should be. Lol.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:55 PM   #359
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Now that the honeymoon phase is over, I finally see some imperfections. The pants look like 80s women's workout pants. It might be the pose, but he seems thicker than he should be. Lol.

Sonic Boom, you’ve just imploded.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:04 AM   #360
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I disagree with him being thicker than he should be.

And I think you need to prove the "80's workout pants" part by showing us some pics cause I don't know what pants you speak of.

Looks to me his pants is like what's drawn.

AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote