Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-30-2019, 04:20 AM   #21
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Scales matter. Sideshow mainly produces 1/4 Marvel, while PCS is doing Marvel in 1/3 and 1/12.
Sideshow's 1/4 may be the only exclusive NA license.

Also the licensors can do whatever they want. If they don't want to step on Sideshow's toes for 1/4 but don't mind for other scales that is up to them. Marvel is going to go with whatever agreements will most benefit their bottom line.
But Iron Studios does 1/4 Marvel for North America as well...comic Spider-Man, Punisher, Hulk and now Daredevil, and even more 1/4 movie versions. So ss’s license for 1/4 isn’t 100% exclusive. It does appear IS does 1 comic version per year though, that might be their stipulation on comic version 1/4s. Also Prime 1 made a few 1/4 Marvel licensed for NA (SM 2099, Venom, Anti Venom).
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:34 AM   #22
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I might by wrong in thinking this, but.. Sideshow & PCS seem connected these days. This might have helped in some way?
What we know for sure and what you might already know as well is Sideshow provides distribution for PCS. They are still separate companies, PCS makes and manufactures their own product, but to buy PCS products (at least online, I’m not sure about retail stores) you have to go through their distributor, Sideshow, which allows PCS to focus way less on the whole inventory process outside of the accounting. Not unlike how comic books are created, made and manufactured by whoever makes them (Marvel, DC, Image, etc) but retailers purchase them through Diamond (and then sell them to customers). It’s just their distribution model. To a degree, video games and music are similar (but Not the same), someone develops the product, someone else publishes or distributes the product.

If that agreement lead to sideshow having any other involvement with PCS operations, that’s something that hasn’t been disclosed to the public. But it seems like PCS is more like an exclusive 3rd party to sideshow as far as sales and products go. Anything beyond that, we don’t know because they haven’t told us from what I’ve seen.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:51 AM   #23
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
But Iron Studios does 1/4 Marvel for North America as well...comic Spider-Man, Punisher, Hulk and now Daredevil, and even more 1/4 movie versions. So ss’s license for 1/4 isn’t 100% exclusive. It does appear IS does 1 comic version per year though, that might be their stipulation on comic version 1/4s. Also Prime 1 made a few 1/4 Marvel licensed for NA (SM 2099, Venom, Anti Venom).
My guess, and this is just a guess, is that Iron Studios can make as many comic 1/4 scale pieces as they want. They seem to limit their comic statues across all scales, for both Marvel and DC. There's never more than 10 (5 marvel + 5 DC) comic 1/10 statues per year. They only seem to do one 1/6 Dio and 1/4 scale per year. 1/3 is like 3 a year but they keep doing variants so it's really like 1 new piece a year.

Almost forgot their 1/10 Dio(Spider-Man bridge)
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:37 PM   #24
SONICobra
Batman

they posted concept art of a sentinel head base on instagram, 1/3 scale wolverine?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:12 AM   #25
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

They said it wasn't Wolverine
Liquid75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:17 AM   #26
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Yes Lee stated not Wolvy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snt.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	124806  
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:36 AM   #27
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
What we know for sure and what you might already know as well is Sideshow provides distribution for PCS. They are still separate companies, PCS makes and manufactures their own product, but to buy PCS products (at least online, I’m not sure about retail stores) you have to go through their distributor, Sideshow, which allows PCS to focus way less on the whole inventory process outside of the accounting. Not unlike how comic books are created, made and manufactured by whoever makes them (Marvel, DC, Image, etc) but retailers purchase them through Diamond (and then sell them to customers). It’s just their distribution model. To a degree, video games and music are similar (but Not the same), someone develops the product, someone else publishes or distributes the product.

If that agreement lead to sideshow having any other involvement with PCS operations, that’s something that hasn’t been disclosed to the public. But it seems like PCS is more like an exclusive 3rd party to sideshow as far as sales and products go. Anything beyond that, we don’t know because they haven’t told us from what I’ve seen.
Lot of gas no power.
Shoot me know ....
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:41 AM   #28
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I might by wrong in thinking this, but.. Sideshow & PCS seem connected these days. This might have helped in some way?
Pretty sure that is the case. Sideshow said pcs you do the Videogame license to rub their salty thumb in Prime 1s eye.

Wouldn't be surprised with pCS doing this sideshow didn't have to sign off on something.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:41 PM   #29
Deylios
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Yes Lee stated not Wolvy
I see that base and see the fern plants and the thing that comes to mind is Savage Land Rogue. I know I may be hoping too much but I know PCS likes to show off the attractive ladies and what a way it would be to kick of their line.

Here's to hoping.
Deylios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:02 PM   #30
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

She has been suggest on CG

not wolvy
Rogue might be
Gam SSC, Xm made him now. 1/3 would be awesome
Be I would think not
Night would think not
Cy might be