Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #41
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm with you Silas Loki.... I would love this line of statues for my Entertainment room...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:23 PM   #42
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
This is very exciting!!! I'm so onboard for this, I'll be placing an order next week. I've never really cared for Marilyn Monroe, but there's two key reasons for me to support this project (ok, three, because the artist is hot), but 1) this is where statue construction NEEDS to go, in terms of realism, material choice, and finish (I'm basing my hopes on finish on previous work these guys have done)! So I'd be buying this on the the strength of those qualities alone. 2) By buying this statue, and helping to prove there's a strong market for products like this, I hope that Blitzway (and others) invest more resources into doing more products like this. So while I'm not a big MM fan, maybe, if this product type becomes the standard that Polystone seems to be, then at some point they will hit a character I'm crazy for

I'm in total agreement on all points. Not a big MM fan, but very tempted as this looks amazing and comparatively reasonable for the price.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:46 PM   #43
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
This is very exciting!!! I'm so onboard for this, I'll be placing an order next week. I've never really cared for Marilyn Monroe, but there's two key reasons for me to support this project (ok, three, because the artist is hot), but 1) this is where statue construction NEEDS to go, in terms of realism, material choice, and finish (I'm basing my hopes on finish on previous work these guys have done)! So I'd be buying this on the the strength of those qualities alone. 2) By buying this statue, and helping to prove there's a strong market for products like this, I hope that Blitzway (and others) invest more resources into doing more products like this. So while I'm not a big MM fan, maybe, if this product type becomes the standard that Polystone seems to be, then at some point they will hit a character I'm crazy for
That's what I've been preaching again and again ever since they unveiled their first hybrid Bruce Lee back in 2013. I was in love with the concept even before they came and did it, since I loved Hot Toys head sculpts but it's statues I want, not articulated figures.

Seems like Marilyn might help open a few more eyes, which is great.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:14 PM   #44
built2shred
Phoenix

I want....

Charlie Chaplin
Marlon Brando
Clint Eastwood
John Wayne
Audrey Hepburn
Grace Kelly
James Dean

to name a few
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #45
Shoo
Hercules

Sculptress K.A. Kim on her Facebook:

Quote:
Good morning~
Thanks for showing me so much support! After the marylin monroe upload last night the bliztway server was down due to overload. The notice was only in korean so many of you have asked why you couldn't access the page. I have now been notified of this. The korean notification means that the server is down and ill attend to this right away. For those of you who couldnt access the page last night please try again later.
Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
I said this jokingly on the other forum yesterday, but it turned out to be true:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchris View Post
ok what the hell has happened to blitzway's web site?? I just tried and got a load of Korean mumbojumbo???
?? ?? ??? ยท ??? ?? - ???
An avalanche of peeps trying to pre-order that Marilyn, that's what happened.
That's a good sign!
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #46
z28barry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I am very interested but wonder about the complaints on the Bruce Lee statue. Hate to order and it doesn't look like the prototype.
z28barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:56 PM   #47
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

Ordered!....My MM Tattoo on my back told me to get it!
capchi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:46 AM   #48
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I want....

Charlie Chaplin
Marlon Brando
Clint Eastwood
John Wayne
Audrey Hepburn
Grace Kelly
James Dean

to name a few
I want those!
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:33 AM   #49
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig88 View Post
So does anyone have a time frame for when their previous products sold out? Prior to or after shipping? Won't be able to plunk down my order for a couple weeks, just curious if I can expect the possibility of a sell out.
Thought I'd bump Stig's post, as I'm interested in this as well.

All the preorder-back up from delays and the port dispute *grumble grumble* likely means that my budget is tied up for the summer. Hoping to grab her on the aftermarket if chance allows it.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:29 AM   #50
Mqhuynh
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Where can we order this?
Mqhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote