Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 10-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

My NYCC Art Haul. :)

Great meeting so many of you. This was my first trip to New York in a few years... see you guys again in a few more.
Kinda hurt the wallet that I booked it less than two weeks ago, but hey.

Thank God some of the artists were fully booked. At least they're on my radar now (and are aware of me) for future commissions.
Caiera's sacrifice to Galactus from "Skaar" issue ten, page 23. Ron Lim, Caiera, Galactus, and an itty bitty armpit Silver Surfer? Golden!

World War Hulk: X-Men - Issue #2 pages 8 & 9

Great battle sequence between Hulk and Kitty Pryde, two of my favorite characters. Some great panels.. and my Andrea DiVito Annihilation page now has some company.

Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Greg Horn Thor print

Katie Cook - Planet Hulk & Caiera quickie (met her twice now, and she's as endearing as ever).

Emanuella Lupacchino Caiera the Oldstrong - The grey accents she gave her armor.. and the overall piece? Fantastic!

Mark Texeira Punisher sketch - I'm not sure what I'm doing with this yet. At least he took the time to touch it up when I approached him later about it, but.. for that amount of money? Yeargh. I can't dog the man though, since he could have easily just have said "sorry, son... no touch-ups. Might I say you have exquisite hair, though?" Followed by him running his fingers throu.. wait.. wait... I'm day-dreaming again.
Seriously, if I don't sell this, I'm going to have other artists play with it a bit, but.. I loved Mark's PWJ days, so it was a blast just meeting him.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Chris Uminga - Planet Hulk & Caiera the Oldstrong.. hahaha... I couldn't be happier; this is amazing! Great meetin' you and Matt, Chris.

... uh, I had two done.. and forgot about one of them; which is possible.. this year's been crazy on the homefront. The one below's for sale, pm me if interested.

Okay.. now, Drew introduced me to Brad Walker (thanks again, Drew), and then browbeat me for not having picked up the new "Guardians of the Galaxy" series (no stores around here have it, so.. yeah.. gotta go the Amazon route). Brad's art is FANTASTIC, and I couldn't be happier with how this turned out.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
statman
Baron Zemo

Great stuff Ryan! Glad to see that Tex touched up the Punisher piece for ya. Like I said at the con, that is a great two page sequence from WWH: X-Men. Congrats bud!

It was good to meet you in person. I'm glad we got to hang out for a while on Saturday.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:18 PM   #5
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Bought these also; the two Marvel reads were fantastic ("Second Coming" was insane), and crackin' into "Blackest Night" tonight.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #6
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
Great stuff Ryan! Glad to see that Tex touched up the Punisher piece for ya. Like I said at the con, that is a great two page sequence from WWH: X-Men. Congrats bud!

It was good to meet you in person. I'm glad we got to hang out for a while on Saturday.
Hahaha... indeed, Paul. I can't wait to see Mike's "photo shoot" pic. Great meetin' you guys.

I'm still jet/time-lagged.. tried surfing this morning, and started falling asleep while doing it.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:11 PM   #7
Statue and Bust
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Great haul! They all look good. It's funny you mention your experience with Tex. I had a bit of an issue with his agent, Renee. I'll probably write about it tomorrow to get some opinions.
Statue and Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #8
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Excellent haul Ryan! Those Hulk/C the O pics looks incredible! You've got the market cornered on Hulk/Caeira work!
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #9
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

wow lots of great pick up but I have to say that Caiera's sacrifice to Galactus is EPIC yes I said EPIC for a nonBatman piece LOL many congrats
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #10
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Wow the Skar splash freaking ROCKS... I also the love the Thor print.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote