Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #61
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Veteran superhero actor Dolph Lundgren has been cast in DC Films' Aquaman as King Nereus of Xebel, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

http://www.newsarama.com/34024-dolph...e=notification

Great news. We have a bad ass King Nereus now.
Veteran??? Who the hell has he played at all much less a veteran?!

He is a top B rated movie actor now... Aquaman already going downhill imo.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:29 PM   #62
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Dolph played The Punisher and The He-Man.

Well...The MOTU He-Man was orginaly a cartoon but DC makes its comics too and stuff so it kind of counts. And i really like The Punisher film, it's probably my favorite among the whole 80s action films.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #63
jpuli28

Quote:
Dolph played The Punisher and The He-Man.

Well...The MOTU He-Man was orginaly a cartoon but DC makes its comics too and stuff so it kind of counts. And i really like The Punisher film, it's probably my favorite among the whole 80s action films.
Hardly makes him in veteran imo. Also, you wont find him today in any self respecting high budget film... until now smh.

Are WB/DC's feet so big they cant help themselves stepping on their d!ks?
Old 04-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #64
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Dolph can be in a high budget action film which is what super hero films are. And Aquaman with Dolph Lundgren is as self respecting as any high budget super hero film can be.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:13 PM   #65
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Being an A-list actor has nothing to do with being a veteran. He's been acting for over 3 deacades now, has played multiple comic book characters in that time and that alone makes him a veteran.

Now if you want to question his acting chops, that's fair. Most of his work has been in low budget films but he's been in many large productions too. The part in Aquaman is a supporting role and I'd guess his screen time will be extremely limited so I don't see him having a huge impact one way or the other.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:06 PM   #66
jpuli28

Quote:
Dolph can be in a high budget action film which is what super hero films are. And Aquaman with Dolph Lundgren is as self respecting as any high budget super hero film can be.
When was the last time DL was in an A list film? Much less an A list superhero film?

Yes Aquaman is to be a high budgeted self respecting film, which is my point. Why enlist this guy, whose new name is synonymous with B rated films as of late, if you want this to succeed. Will he make or break the film as a whole, probably not, but thats not the point. These films are slammed by professional and arm chair critics alike, why set this precedence going into production? Youre better off with a nobody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Being an A-list actor has nothing to do with being a veteran. He's been acting for over 3 deacades now, has played multiple comic book characters in that time and that alone makes him a veteran.

Now if you want to question his acting chops, that's fair. Most of his work has been in low budget films but he's been in many large productions too. The part in Aquaman is a supporting role and I'd guess his screen time will be extremely limited so I don't see him having a huge impact one way or the other.
Multiple? Besides the TWO that were just mentioned, who? And if I dont remember, well, that kinda speaks for itself too. The article said he was a veteran superhero actor. Is he veteran actor, yes. A good veteran actor... no.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:11 PM   #67
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
When was the last time DL was in an A list film? Much less an A list superhero film?

Yes Aquaman is to be a high budgeted self respecting film, which is my point. Why enlist this guy whose new name is synonymous with B rated films as of late if you want this to succeed. Will he make or break the film as a whole, probably not, but thats not the point. These films are slammed by professional and arm chair critics alike, why set this precedence?
Don't worry dude, The WB film makers are professionals. They probably screen tasted him and liked his acting. Dolph can pull it off, this is no shakespeare afterall, chill.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:34 PM   #68
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Recent mainstream films: Expendables 1-3, Hail, Caesar!

Comic book/Hero type characters: The Punisher, He-Man, Konstantin Kovar (Arrow tv series)
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #69
jpuli28

Quote:
Don't worry dude, The WB film makers are professionals. They probably screen tasted him and liked his acting. Dolph can pull it off, this is no shakespeare afterall, chill.

The same professionals that change race just for ratings and no genuine concern for diversity or the character they changed?

Its just annoying, Ive liked all the movies (for the most part) because I was naive to alot of the ins n outs, just watching them for what they were.
However, since joining forums and learning a bit, Ive become more in tune, more emotionally invested and critical with my childhood heroes and how theyre portrayed on the big screen.

Im not a DL fan and pass over every Netflix title with him in it because I know the overall film is garbage. So maybe im unfairly associating here because while Im not an Aquaman fan, I still want the DCEU to succeed.
With all the race casting drama these days, why add B list characters to the mix.

Rant over
Old 04-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #70
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Recent mainstream films: Expendables 1-3, Hail, Caesar!

Comic book/Hero type characters: The Punisher, He-Man, Konstantin Kovar (Arrow tv series)
None of these films make him a superhero veteran. How old are Punisher and He Man?

Like you mentioned before, his acting chops speaks for itself.