Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-19-2015, 11:42 PM   #21
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Grail incoming! Looks great so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
to be honest I haven't read a single spider gwen story but this looks absolutely amazing almost has me wanting to pick up some trades
I only read the first issue. I didn't think it was that good. I think it's the fact that an alternate universe Gwen is a spider character and that she has a cool costume that has everyone hooked.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:10 AM   #22
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think that Spider-Gwen brought in a new audience of women and little ladies. Think of the women and little ladies who walk into a store with their Dads, Boyfriends or Spouses. Or hell, on their own just to see what's going on -- probably after they have seen a comic book based movie.

They come across a comic with a female lead, who has a sweet looking costume (totes badass) and has struggles they can associate with. So they pick up the comic and give it a shot. With that, the start getting sold and the character grows in popularity.

I mean, why did guys learn to love Spider-Man? Was it really his just sweet costume?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:28 AM   #23
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I already reserved one

I love the pose of her flying through the air while listening to her MP3 player...

I got my first look at her with the Spider-Man Multiverse story arc, she looked like a interesting character, I plan to find some back issues on ebay to catch up with her story..

You mean "Spider-Verse"?

Gwen is just a small part of it but I recommend the hardcover for anyone who wants Spider-Gwen's introduction and an overall easy to get into, fun (yet heavy on bloodshed) story. The hardcover collects every related issue (Amazing Spider-Man, Scarlet Spidey, 2099, Spider-Woman, etc). The various Spider-Women/Girls across the multiverse get pretty big roles...Amazon, instocktrades, or cheapgraphicnovels for cheaper prices.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:06 PM   #24
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
You mean "Spider-Verse"?

Gwen is just a small part of it but I recommend the hardcover for anyone who wants Spider-Gwen's introduction and an overall easy to get into, fun (yet heavy on bloodshed) story. The hardcover collects every related issue (Amazing Spider-Man, Scarlet Spidey, 2099, Spider-Woman, etc). The various Spider-Women/Girls across the multiverse get pretty big roles...Amazon, instocktrades, or cheapgraphicnovels for cheaper prices.
thx for info
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #25
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
You mean "Spider-Verse"?

Yeah Spider-Verse
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:19 PM   #26
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I don't know anything about the character except the images. The design is pretty cool. If the design turns out nice and it has a change-o head I'll probably pick it up.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:23 PM   #27
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
You mean "Spider-Verse"?

hows the art?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:22 AM   #28
Thor57
Teen Titans

Ugggg.

I started re-reading Annihilation yesterday, and now seeing this on top of a She-Thor kind of sets me back a bit. I'd much rather see some of the Guardians, Nova, Hercules, Wonder Man and Vision and others before we start with the flavor of the month characters.

Basically, I'm in my mid 30's and grew up with a different set of heroes and villains than what are on pages now and I'd like to see them done. Oh well, business is business.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #29
Unknown Hero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Ugggg.

I started re-reading Annihilation yesterday, and now seeing this on top of a She-Thor kind of sets me back a bit. I'd much rather see some of the Guardians, Nova, Hercules, Wonder Man and Vision and others before we start with the flavor of the month characters.

Basically, I'm in my mid 30's and grew up with a different set of heroes and villains than what are on pages now and I'd like to see them done. Oh well, business is business.
I'm looking forward to both she thor and this, but I get what you mean. Darkhawk anyone?!?!?!
Unknown Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #30
qz33
Rescue

Oh man Hellstrom and Darkhawk yes please.

Really though I think doing Gwen is great. Ignoring the roots the character has or not with you personally she is an awesome design aesthetically and this statue should be tops.

Spider-Gwen is red hot right now. XM has proven they will dig into the comics history for selections but I don't want them stuck only in the past. Great choice XM!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote