Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-19-2017, 09:22 AM   #281
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
I could be wrong someone please correct me but wasn't Bison bust put on hold or cancelled? Also wasn't cammy base reworked after criticism? Maybe base needs to be smaller maybe base should lose water effect. I don't know but with everything else that's going on with pcs for refunds times, recent qc issues, delivery time I'm sorry I just don't see this selling at 1k. I sure as hell would love to be humbled by sales when it sells out but I don't see it happening. Sell out please so line can continue.
Well a cancellation is basically lost money, and a tweaking is different than taking a statue back to ground zero and starting over.

Losing the water effect I think would be terrible, it's one of the most amazing things about it.

If anything, I think they should keep the Zord base as is, price included, I mean it also comes with a bunch of swap-outs that people seem to love. Instead, perhaps rework the coin base on the lower priced edition. I think if anything needs to be tweaked, that would be it.

Last edited by Josh-a-tron; 09-20-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:05 PM   #282
JD18_92
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I am a huge Rangers fan but that coin base is the worst eye sore for a collectible I have seen yet. Not trying to disrespect Jerry or any of the others involved but it seems so lazy and tacky like they ran out of ideas after his dragonzord. The green ranger himself looks incredible and makes me excited to see the 1:1 bust but the giant chocolate coin has got to go. A simple rock base would of have been better off I think. Just my 2 cents.
JD18_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:11 PM   #283
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I was debating getting into this line, but the 1K price tag made my decision extremely easy, im out! beautiful piece but you'd have to be seriously insane to drop $1,000 american dollars on it
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #284
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

S$it this was the one time I wanted pcs to just be simple. have him play his flute in museum pose that's it that's all I wanted and I would of been morphing my bank account to you pcs! Damn your creativity and outrageous ambition!

I'll probably drop the line no pr collection is a collection without green ranger.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:59 PM   #285
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Seems like a much cheaper option, if they were to change anything, would be to just come up with a different base for the regular version.

Or like a hybrid of a slanted, black, plain base. Then continue that option with the rest if the pose requires a more "actiony" plain base. And if some poses can make use of a flat plain base like MK and SF, then they would at least fit / match / go together.
Even still along with the coin as an option.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:27 AM   #286
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Well a cancellation is basically lost money, and a tweaking is different than taking a statue back to ground zero and starting over.

Losing the water effect I think would be terrible, it's one of the most amazing things about it.

If anything, I think they should keep the Zord base as is, price included, I mean it also comes with a bunch of swap-outs that people seem to love. Instead, perhaps rework the coin base on the lower priced edition. I think if anything needs to be tweaked, that would be it.
Re-doing the base isn't expensive even more so when the molds aren't cast. A simple 1/4th base to replace the coin would take a good sculptor a couple of days.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:30 AM   #287
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I think a cheaper version can be founded. How about the Dragon Zord Head as a base? You can do in PVC or Resin and I think this will make most satisfied and wont change the price for the regular.
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:41 AM   #288
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by QX403 View Post
Re-doing the base isn't expensive even more so when the molds aren't cast. A simple 1/4th base to replace the coin would take a good sculptor a couple of days.
You've already paid a sculptor for the current base, used materials, had it prototyped, painted, photographed and put up on webesite for marketing, so tossing that out and then re-sculpting a new a base automatically puts more cost onto the statue. You've already put up a price point, which means any further waste impacts your profit margin unless you redo the price point.

come on man, it's simple business.

Last edited by Josh-a-tron; 09-20-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:45 AM   #289
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I was debating getting into this line, but the 1K price tag made my decision extremely easy, im out! beautiful piece but you'd have to be seriously insane to drop $1,000 american dollars on it
this is going to be a tough sell when the guy with the green ranger avatar is out
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #290
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
this is going to be a tough sell when the guy with the green ranger avatar is out
Putting 1k down for a non-essential item is always a tough sell, but we both know how that goes