Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-14-2017, 05:18 AM   #201
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Yes! Since I saw The Dark Knight in VO with subtitle, I can't watch any movie dubbed in french since. Original voices are so much better.

Back to the movie...I can't stop thinking about it since tuesday evening.
It will be long to wait for the 4K release to re-watch it
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #202
Luminous
Cyclops

I really need to see it again in the theater.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:36 AM   #203
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I really need to see it again in the theater.
Me too. I have this Monday off and I'm probably going to hit an AM showing solo.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:58 AM   #204
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Just saw it tonight and I absolutely LOVED it. I would rate it a 9.5/10. Just an amazing follow up to the original. I loved every aspect of this film. The performances, the cinemtography, the score was, the story, the visual effects, etc. All were absolutely brilliant. To be perfectly honest, I really didn't expect them to pull this sequel off. I figured it would be ok at best, but man was I wrong. This was the best sequel I have seen in a very long time.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:45 PM   #205
junta
Fantastic Four

I found the movie visually stunning! I was all for the story, but the wife hated it. However, she did ask a bunch of questions, about it, for a few days after.
junta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:07 AM   #206
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by junta View Post
I found the movie visually stunning! I was all for the story, but the wife hated it. However, she did ask a bunch of questions, about it, for a few days after.
I think that means she liked it more than she thought she did (much like me ).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:23 AM   #207
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Hated this movie. Hated it. No story to speak of. I want those three hours back!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:56 AM   #208
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Hated this movie. Hated it. No story to speak of. I want those three hours back!
You know, I bit my tongue when you posted your Final Cut review. Bit it again with your 2049 post. Coming in here and saying "no story to speak of"? Not only is that a useless comment that adds nothing to a potential discussion but it simply isn't objective and borders on trolling. I'd assume you won't be coming back into this thread considering you hated it so, but something tells me that won't be the case....

Anyway, going to try and check it out in the theater again this weekend. Hoping the sitter doesn't fall through. Will be the wife's first viewing.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:48 AM   #209
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
C’mon now, there is plenty of story. It’s just not the typical by the numbers, in your face narrative found in the majority of Sci-Fi films. Much like it’s predecessor it’s a detective story first and foremost. The pacing is deliberately slow but it’s plot is still dense, it’s ideas bold and overall it’s quite a thought provoking piece of work if you allow yourself to get into it. Even if you can’t appreciate it on any of those levels I’d think one could still find enjoyment in the visually stunning cinematography.

That said different strokes for different folks. Not sure why you’d even go see this if you didn’t like the original to be honest... but I’ll give you points for at least giving it a chance despite the material not being of interest.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:44 AM   #210
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
C’mon now, there is plenty of story. It’s just not the typical by the numbers, in your face narrative found in the majority of Sci-Fi films. Much like it’s predecessor it’s a detective story first and foremost. The pacing is deliberately slow but it’s plot is still dense, it’s ideas bold and overall it’s quite a thought provoking piece of work if you allow yourself to get into it. Even if you can’t appreciate it on any of those levels I’d think one could still find enjoyment in the visually stunning cinematography.

That said different strokes for different folks. Not sure why you’d even go see this if you didn’t like the original to be honest... but I’ll give you points for at least giving it a chance despite the material not being of interest.
Thanks for the “different strokes” comment, which I frequently use when someon disagrees with me. I gave it a chance because of the reviews. Just didn’t work for me.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote