Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-16-2017, 09:24 PM   #51
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Day 1. Hopefully Sideshow can get the Exclusive as well. Would suck to miss out on a COH, but Europe is always drawing the short straw in that regard as well.

Will take whatever I can get. Iron Studios and Tweeterhead are absolutely crushing right now.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:19 PM   #52
Parallax
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
Day 1. Hopefully Sideshow can get the Exclusive as well. Would suck to miss out on a COH, but Europe is always drawing the short straw in that regard as well.

Will take whatever I can get. Iron Studios and Tweeterhead are absolutely crushing right now.
I don't believe Sideshow is allowed to sell the exclusives. That being said, I don't think I even want an exclusive head. The only other head I can think of wanting would be the bandaged one-eye head that he had in the crossover with Spider-Man and Daredevil, because that's one of my favorite team ups. In regards to Iron Studios crushing it, I agree. I remember when Spider-Man came out I was disappointed with how bad it was. At New York Comic Con I saw a bunch of their statues for sale, and they all looked fantastic. Their Darth Vader is amazing. Everything they've been doing lately is fantastic. They're like a great blend of XM and Sideshow and I love it.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:19 PM   #53
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Love it. Just wish he had short sleeves. Help break it up and add color.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:20 PM   #54
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

This statue looks great! Will pair great with the XM Daredevil.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:50 PM   #55
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
I don't believe Sideshow is allowed to sell the exclusives. That being said, I don't think I even want an exclusive head. The only other head I can think of wanting would be the bandaged one-eye head that he had in the crossover with Spider-Man and Daredevil, because that's one of my favorite team ups. In regards to Iron Studios crushing it, I agree. I remember when Spider-Man came out I was disappointed with how bad it was. At New York Comic Con I saw a bunch of their statues for sale, and they all looked fantastic. Their Darth Vader is amazing. Everything they've been doing lately is fantastic. They're like a great blend of XM and Sideshow and I love it.
Couldn't agree more. I'm a big fan of their 1/10 Battle Dios. I don't like the scale, but it works with multiple pieces involved.

Just PO'd the GOTG Vol.2 Dio from Big Bad Toy Store. With all pieces equating to the cost of a cheaper PFF, I'm in. You'd have to get creative to display away from your 1/4 Statues, but it's worth it to add a different dynamic to the collection.

1/10 Thor Ragnarok Battle Dio looks sick too.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:55 PM   #56
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Damm, looks great! I just love the badass attitude I get from the facial expression.

By the way, I watched the youtube video from maniageek and he said the bullets are magnetized, so you can choose where to put them in the base.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:03 PM   #57
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Now this is the representation of Punisher in 1/4 I've been looking for! Classic head portrait, with an upgraded look to his body suit that's more tactical than the weird white gloves and white boots. I also hated the jacked up steroided out Olvetti interpretation.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:58 PM   #58
Viridis
Doh!

This is a VERY different beast to Spidey. I've got every piece from the Civil War 1/4 line so far and they are fantastic, I've seen very few QC problems. Vader should be in hand soon enough as well.
I've got faith in IS to get this piece right.
Viridis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:05 AM   #59
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
This is superior to the XM IMO. THe head sculpt on this one is 100X better than what XM delivered. 100% down for this
I couldn't agree more! I personally disliked the XM version.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:24 AM   #60
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridis View Post
This is a VERY different beast to Spidey. I've got every piece from the Civil War 1/4 line so far and they are fantastic, I've seen very few QC problems. Vader should be in hand soon enough as well.
I've got faith in IS to get this piece right.
That Spidey was a very complicated statue with a lot of pieces.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote