Quote:
Originally Posted by tyubu View Post
Attachment 120582
Attachment 120581
Attachment 120583
Attachment 120584
Attachment 120585

I received mine yesterday.

I'm absolutely love this piece. It looks different and very dynamic.

Also details on her armor is awesome.

I also have red eye problem but It's not noticeable once you set it up.

Only issue was the size. Base is huge and she standing quite tall. I managed place her in the Besta by NOT putting all the base pieces. And even managed to place sideshow Batgirl with it.
Oni portrait sucks, paint on teeth is not clean. Hair is clumpy, looks miles away from the prototype as well. Horrendous quality control. Email them for a replacement.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:41 AM   #382
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Maybe the decision was to avoid a break on the very thin hair at the prototype. I would like to hear you guys then.
After three days of cohabitation with Batgirl, here are my thoughts: With the configuration I chose - sword/batarang/cape/oni mask- the great sculpt of both base and suit and the flawless paint, it's really an impressive and dynamic statue.
Now, the subject which irritates : Portraits.
As I already said, the weird pot head and its very questionable design stayed in the box. The same for the portrait with a smile/grin?/smirk?. Batgirl looks older and is not sexy at all.
About the classic mask and the oni mask: So, both have now the same hair... Honestly, a lock of hair, more or less, I don't care. Hair is very well sculpted, it's the most important.
But... all that red in the eyes of the classic mask is a so bad idea. I'll have to repaint them, and probably put new decals, since one of the decals is slightly smaller than the other one. The make up is not top, a black comma above the eyes and some green on eyelids is too basic.
We find again the black comma on the oni mask, and that's all regarding the make up, but, well, it works better on that portrait. We can imagine Batgirl doesn't spend hours for her make up before the fight, BUT..., when we see the verynice make up of the promo/proto photos, we can still have some regrets.

Quote:
"Note: Prototype shown and pending final approval, final product may differ"
And here we are. And sorry, but that " note" is unacceptable. Not at these price ranges. When you ask 1K and more for a 1/4 statue, what we see MUST be what we get. At the same price ranges, Prime 1 does that, even Sideshow can do that with cheaper statues, look at their Red Sonja, Terminator rebel, Lady Deadpool.

I have no intention to resell my Batgirl, but I can understand my compatriot Armored Berseck wants to do it.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:22 PM   #383
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
"Note: Prototype shown and pending final approval, final product may differ"

Maybe the decision was to avoid a break on the very thin hair at the prototype. I would like to hear you guys then.
I feel that is a poor excuse. They already shipped statue with more fragile parts, and there is material less fragile that can be used to replace resin.
For example Sideshow use flexible plastic on Aspen for the hair...
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:06 PM   #384
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

That´s not an excuse, just my own opinion.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:23 PM   #385
Kosmopeia
Fantastic Four

It can't be denied that the hair on the heads isn't 100% on par with the proto. The red eyes on some heads are a bit heavy, the onimask is for some a bit sloppy on the teeth and "all" portraits seem to lack eyeshadows.

But that's about it. I haven't had any XM's before, but it's still a great piece in my opinion.
The argument about $ isn't really valid I think. You can't expect to save big time on these pieces compared to have them done within the US or EU, were you probably had to pay twice or even trice as much and expect a totally flawless execution at the same time. XM seems to do a great job on pushing out quality, while maintaining a "very low" price.

I only wish they would have communicated any changes like the hair beforehand, so I could have been prepared for it. And I hope they do so with the Shogun Batman I'm going to order from them.

Btw. XM published a very neat blog post about production issues on their website. Very open and straight forward!

Edit: I'm usually very picky with my statues as well, but I feel like Batgirl is within a certain tolerance. My biggest issues is the "missing" eye-shadows. The hair looks far worse in the hardcore closeup pictures than it really is.
Kosmopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #386
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I didn't get Batgirl but if I was, the heads would have been repaint by a pro to match the original prototype (red eyes removed/oni mask new paint).

I'm not saying that in a bad way and also collector's should not have to do that job after an 1K$ purchase but just my opinion and what I would have choose to do. I would have not be satisfied with the current product as it is.
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:35 PM   #387
nearmint
Phoenix

I wavered on this one, and ultimately decided to pass. I'm sorta glad that I did.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:11 AM   #388
goto
Mephisto

Hey guys i want to buy her,are you happy with her?
So sad to see no reviews in the web.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #389
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Oh look, more changes that weren't communicated to customers.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 11:00 AM   #390
goto
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Oh look, more changes that weren't communicated to customers.
Changes?
goto is offline   Reply With Quote