Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-28-2018, 02:55 AM   #81
Racetrack
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I saw them yesterday. Now I already own a lot of XM statues but this was the first time I've seen a display of XM statues I didn't own. I'M NOT HAPPY! I thought i knew what I wanted but now my wallet is being pulled in 20 different directions!

It's true what they say, you can't really appreciate them from pics and vids alone. Seeing it in person makes so much difference. Also complaints about paint on certain statues like Sanity and Wolverine are unfounded when seen with your own eyes.

I wish i had a bigger house. I would buy them all.
Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:57 AM   #82
Racetrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessiah View Post
I was there on Friday.

I will try to give my impressions with my limited english skills.

Hulk is awesome as expected (if I make no mistake, I heard it will be too boxes -and 1 for Batman Shogun-). Gambit details are very well done (I was a little bit disturbed that every cards are a bit bend randomly each way, am I alone thinking that ?). Mystique looked tall and I was impressed. Very good presence too from her. She can quickly stole your heart.

Cyclops looked a bit small (too much crouched for me) and he is looking straight forward or maybe just a little lower considering he is not standing straight. Have to display him on top of a shelve, higher is better with this torso to look at his face. I think I'll have to light him from bottom or the face is gonna stay dark. The other torso should solve the problem too. It was not under good lights at the show, bit in shadows. I was a bit disappointed overall but I think it will be ok with the good displayed at home.

Brown Wolverine is the best Wolverine I've seen. For this small character, it's glad to see him on a base that is bigger than olders Wolverine. You have to see it in person, everything's there for you to like it. Maybe just an impression but the metal claws looks longer for me than the first XM Wolverine. Maybe I'm wrong ! For the collectors that like good sized statue and always disappointed by Wolverine looking small, this one is for you. Size is good this time. The base is bigger than others but maybe the characters is a bit bigger, I don't know how the magic works but the result is that it's finally OK to display with others 1/4 characters without looking like a dwarf in your collection.

Scarlet Witch is beautiful as expected. Good companion for the Iron Man Classic with Ultron theme.

I was not into Charles Xavier yet but damn he looks good with the Magneto helmet in his hand, maybe I'm now considering it next to Mystique with the damaged school logo. Wheelchair version looks better for me.

White Magneto is huge, I had to see him front to realise. He can compete with Hulk Transformation in term of size I guess. The floating cape looks so big. The piece is so huge that it can definitively stand alone in a collection without the need to have a lot of X-Men side by side. You have White Magneto alone, you put in a shelf, it works immediately. My dream now is to see him next to Dark Phoenix and Iceman, most XM X-Men space eater statues. This 3 should shine by the size they take.

Groot & Rocket are cool. I'm still hesitating right now. If I was budget unlimited, of course I'll take it to go with the Star-Lord pre-ordered because they go so well side by side. Huge piece. I love the face expression of Groot so well captured. A Groot alone statue like this one would have worked anyways, Rocket is the bonus.

Deathstroke with the shotgun is my favorite display. Guns and sword, come on. So cool. Again a huge base, really detailed statue. Nothing to worry, it's near perfection. I'd like to see him with the final unmasked headsculpt on that we saw at SGTCC.

Spider-Man is the perfect fan piece. Not so hard to display because they manage to make it not so large or deep. I wasn't able to see the damaged mask, but again it's near perfection. I don't like the new Sideshow's one because of the pose, looks like he is dancing in a girly way or something. The XM Spider-Man was nicely displayed next to Dr Oct, good companion piece, both are high. The Dr Oct base is quite something impressive, huge and detailed. Good charisma overall.

Last but not least, Iceman. I'm f***ing blown away by this piece. I can't get it out of my head. The only thing I didn't like is the snow effect from his left hand. I strongly think that it would have been better without this effect. The left arm is detachable, I'll try to ask the crew if it's possible to provide an arm without the fragile snow-firing effect.
Well I think this statue will never be captured as it is in front of you because of lights and different cameras tooking him on pictures. So if you don't have the ability to go see the piece, just trust me, it's wonderful and every Iceman fan will be pleased. Again the colors and details are very hard to show in pictures. Note that it's a space eater, the base is huge. The frost paint both on base and character is so damn good executed. The muscle are sharp as ice. Incredible piece if you like Iceman like myself.
I think Gambit's card are just paper for proto and will be plastic for the actual release. Will ask Bryan tomo.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:17 AM   #83
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessiah View Post
I was there on Friday.

I will try to give my impressions with my limited english skills.

Hulk is awesome as expected (if I make no mistake, I heard it will be too boxes -and 1 for Batman Shogun-). Gambit details are very well done (I was a little bit disturbed that every cards are a bit bend randomly each way, am I alone thinking that ?). Mystique looked tall and I was impressed. Very good presence too from her. She can quickly stole your heart.

Cyclops looked a bit small (too much crouched for me) and he is looking straight forward or maybe just a little lower considering he is not standing straight. Have to display him on top of a shelve, higher is better with this torso to look at his face. I think I'll have to light him from bottom or the face is gonna stay dark. The other torso should solve the problem too. It was not under good lights at the show, bit in shadows. I was a bit disappointed overall but I think it will be ok with the good displayed at home.

Brown Wolverine is the best Wolverine I've seen. For this small character, it's glad to see him on a base that is bigger than olders Wolverine. You have to see it in person, everything's there for you to like it. Maybe just an impression but the metal claws looks longer for me than the first XM Wolverine. Maybe I'm wrong ! For the collectors that like good sized statue and always disappointed by Wolverine looking small, this one is for you. Size is good this time. The base is bigger than others but maybe the characters is a bit bigger, I don't know how the magic works but the result is that it's finally OK to display with others 1/4 characters without looking like a dwarf in your collection.

Scarlet Witch is beautiful as expected. Good companion for the Iron Man Classic with Ultron theme.

I was not into Charles Xavier yet but damn he looks good with the Magneto helmet in his hand, maybe I'm now considering it next to Mystique with the damaged school logo. Wheelchair version looks better for me.

White Magneto is huge, I had to see him front to realise. He can compete with Hulk Transformation in term of size I guess. The floating cape looks so big. The piece is so huge that it can definitively stand alone in a collection without the need to have a lot of X-Men side by side. You have White Magneto alone, you put in a shelf, it works immediately. My dream now is to see him next to Dark Phoenix and Iceman, most XM X-Men space eater statues. This 3 should shine by the size they take.

Groot & Rocket are cool. I'm still hesitating right now. If I was budget unlimited, of course I'll take it to go with the Star-Lord pre-ordered because they go so well side by side. Huge piece. I love the face expression of Groot so well captured. A Groot alone statue like this one would have worked anyways, Rocket is the bonus.

Deathstroke with the shotgun is my favorite display. Guns and sword, come on. So cool. Again a huge base, really detailed statue. Nothing to worry, it's near perfection. I'd like to see him with the final unmasked headsculpt on that we saw at SGTCC.

Spider-Man is the perfect fan piece. Not so hard to display because they manage to make it not so large or deep. I wasn't able to see the damaged mask, but again it's near perfection. I don't like the new Sideshow's one because of the pose, looks like he is dancing in a girly way or something. The XM Spider-Man was nicely displayed next to Dr Oct, good companion piece, both are high. The Dr Oct base is quite something impressive, huge and detailed. Good charisma overall.

Last but not least, Iceman. I'm f***ing blown away by this piece. I can't get it out of my head. The only thing I didn't like is the snow effect from his left hand. I strongly think that it would have been better without this effect. The left arm is detachable, I'll try to ask the crew if it's possible to provide an arm without the fragile snow-firing effect.
Well I think this statue will never be captured as it is in front of you because of lights and different cameras tooking him on pictures. So if you don't have the ability to go see the piece, just trust me, it's wonderful and every Iceman fan will be pleased. Again the colors and details are very hard to show in pictures. Note that it's a space eater, the base is huge. The frost paint both on base and character is so damn good executed. The muscle are sharp as ice. Incredible piece if you like Iceman like myself.
Thank you for your time and informations.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:12 AM   #84
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

News GHeroes Europe

GHeroes Europe Facebook

XM Studios Facebook

~~~~~~~~~

Day 2

"Pictures from the second day at MCM London Comic Con 2018. We met many collectors. Today is the last day. Visit us at the North Event Halls (5) on booth N1800, you are welcome!"

Old 10-28-2018, 07:44 AM   #85
ukshaun
Hercules

Mark Hamill taking a shot of Scarlet Witch
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:58 AM   #86
Racetrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Thank you for your time and informations.
Where is my thanks. You made me grumpy now
Old 10-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #87
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
Where is my thanks. You made me grumpy now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
I saw them yesterday. Now I already own a lot of XM statues but this was the first time I've seen a display of XM statues I didn't own. I'M NOT HAPPY! I thought i knew what I wanted but now my wallet is being pulled in 20 different directions!

It's true what they say, you can't really appreciate them from pics and vids alone. Seeing it in person makes so much difference. Also complaints about paint on certain statues like Sanity and Wolverine are unfounded when seen with your own eyes.

I wish i had a bigger house. I would buy them all.

"Seeing it in person makes so much difference.", not new for me. Hahaha, thank you.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:19 AM   #88
Racetrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
"Seeing it in person makes so much difference.", not new for me. Hahaha, thank you.
You crack me up sometimes.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:40 AM   #89
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s more realistic at that colour ( hulk that is )
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:03 PM   #90
Puni
Birdman

does anyone know if the Predator from the sdcc / london expo the final design is? or does XM feel there still work to do?
Puni is offline   Reply With Quote