View Poll Results: Which version are you going to get - New Akumas 10 years MM
Reg - 2 heads & 2 beads with no light up feature ES TBD $475 18 33.33%
Classic EX - 1 head and light up feature $475 ES 250 5 9.26%
Deluxe EX. Same as reg option plus light up feature $600 ES 250 3 5.56%
Ultimate Ex. All the bells an whistles $1k ES 500 28 51.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2017, 05:07 AM   #1
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Who's buying what - which version of Akumas 10 Years MM are you getting?

Just wanted to see which version of Akumas are you going to get?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
qz33
Rescue

Ultimate with hopes of buying an extra legs & gi set later.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:11 AM   #3
ukshaun
Hercules

5 different Akuma heads. Is that some kind of statue record breaking statistic?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:14 AM   #4
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
5 different Akuma heads. Is that some kind of statue record breaking statistic?
7 different heads and I would think so?
Old 07-24-2017, 10:15 AM   #5
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Ultimate with hopes of buying an extra legs & gi set later.
What would you guess the odds of them doing that are? I think I'd dive in for the Ultimate edition if that was going to be offered, but they haven't seemed interested in entertaining the idea so far; e.g., they quickly deleted a poll I made on their FB page yesterday assessing a couple of different options, like buying a set of legs and pants of the current color, buying red/black/white gi's (I want a white one, but I bet red would win), etc.

If I knew it wasn't going to happen, I'd just get a regular down the line (don't want to spend $525 on switch-outs).
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #6
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

None. I don't like the upsell (the discount is nice though) to get a 3S Akuma on a simple black base. I don't like having extra parts I will never display.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:27 AM   #7
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
7 different heads and I would think so?
What statue came with 6 heads?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:30 AM   #8
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
What would you guess the odds of them doing that are? I think I'd dive in for the Ultimate edition if that was going to be offered, but they haven't seemed interested in entertaining the idea so far; e.g., they quickly deleted a poll I made on their FB page yesterday assessing a couple of different options, like buying a set of legs and pants of the current color, buyinh red/black/white gi's (I want a white one, but I bet red would win), etc.

If I knew it wasn't going to happen, I'd just get a regular down the line (don't want to spend $525 on switch-outs).
This really makes no sense to me. PCS has been toying around with the idea to sell accessory pieces for a long time.

Most recently with the 1/6 figure discussion. Then they go full blown and do it by offering flame effects for Ken and Energy for Juri.

Then when a statue would truly benefit from some damn hips, it's a total no go, and any discussion of the matter is erased?

Furthermore, it's my opinion that deleting consumer polls isn't really a great look for a company that pioneered in fan interaction in this very forum and others like it.

Overall the Akuma statue is a great looking piece and a great deal. But if you're telling me having a torso stand beats having extra hips allowing for a second full statue display, I'd say you're nuts.

And offering a purchasable P2 Gi to go on the second statue would've been the icing on the cake.

I hope the P/O goes fantastic for PCS. I'm not a fan of the way things have been lately, but I'm still a huge fan of the company.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:32 AM   #9
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
None. I don't like the upsell (the discount is nice though) to get a 3S Akuma on a simple black base. I don't like having extra parts I will never display.
Every version should have the 3S head. Not the SF4.

The original piece came with an Alvin Lee print of 3S Akuma. The statue was SF3 Akuma. Just barefoot.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #10
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
What would you guess the odds of them doing that are? I think I'd dive in for the Ultimate edition if that was going to be offered, but they haven't seemed interested in entertaining the idea so far; e.g., they quickly deleted a poll I made on their FB page yesterday assessing a couple of different options, like buying a set of legs and pants of the current color, buyinh red/black/white gi's (I want a white one, but I bet red would win), etc.

Not too great unfortunately. If Jerry was still the main man I would think so.

The alts you describe sound neat but honestly my biggest focus was to just get the 2 duplicate parts to be able to have 2 statues.

There aren't that many people that would pay more for the extra parts so I don't believe offering a Pay in Full order option before things have to be set for the factory would be that big of a deal.

Honestly it's just too many swap outs. I get that they want the money sweet spot but some of us would pay more.

When you think about it PCS has basically taken their usual approach of 2 MAIN $400 statues for a Mixed Media release but condensed it into 1 $800 (PIF) statue. I get this lightup Akuma needed to cost more but I'm not down with fewer statues.
Plus the options of Akuma evolutions is too enticing.

I'm sure PCS views all this as noise getting in the way of their PreOrder but something's wrong when there's this much talk about options and there are 4 versions all trying to sell the same thing.