Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 09-28-2020, 12:37 PM   #41
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

I can't even access my partial.ly account now... giving an error.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:40 PM   #42
craigcliff1
Zot

14 years of statue collecting I have been cheated out of $2,000, so I know how it stinks
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 01:03 PM   #43
89Batman
Frackin!

Looks like they're selling off everything they had left on the workbench via ebay...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=...Kh_W7LA0uz0BRw

I love how most of them say "benefits charity"... what charity? Lawyer fees? I've seen a few people on FB say they've ordered from them on ebay in the last day or 2 and got shipping notifications so somebody in the company is still actively selling...
89Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 01:11 PM   #44
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaRexual View Post
I'm not here to defend CC by any means - but as I've personally visited their office many times and spoken with their staff numerous times (I live local to them), I have to help calm some assumptions here.

Do I think CC is taking the money and running? No.

Are they cancelling POs? Yes.

Why? Because not one, but two very large companies have screwed them over with damaged products arriving to customers and then refused to replace them. It wasnt just the usual damaged item here or there, it was a massive amount. CC doesn't just sell their own stuff, they sell products from larger companies, some over seas that used to not be able to sell in the US.

I think they recently took a hit to the tune of over $250k due to said nameless company screwing them/their customers over - so rather than continue to deal with said companies, they will probably no longer carry that product with them. CC took this upon themselves and have to pay out of THEIR OWN POCKETS to recoup what these companies cost them and their customers. They aren't getting refunded or reimbursed for this. I think they were even trying to piece together sets so customers who really wanted them could still get them.

Just wanted to add my experience in here as I know they have been silent. Corona hit everyone hard. And while I dont agree with their silence or lack of communication to customers about what they are doing - I do believe the company is trying to do their best with what they can and I hope they don't go under from these hits because I really like their ideas.
Hopefully this is true and they do make it through this. Very bad on their part on communications if thats the case though as a post on their main page would of avoided much of this and not made people afraid to order anything.
also....why not name the company? if its true its true.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 01:20 PM   #45
craigcliff1
Zot

If they have Ent D on ebay I would get that
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 01:23 PM   #46
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Can we take legal action if the worst happens?
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 01:51 PM   #47
Darth Milo
Hydra

Got this from their FB page:

Sent a message to Partial.ly, here is their response:
Partial.ly Support (Partial.ly)
Sep 28, 2020, 1:03 PM EDT
Hello M***,
We have been contacted by the merchant. Your plan was canceled to stop further payment as they determine which plans they can fulfill and which plans they will refund.
Please directly contact the merchant for more info about either receiving your order or obtaining a refund. Their contact info is:
contact@chroniclecollectibles.zendesk.com
972-600-8199
Office Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday, US Central Standard Time
Please allow the merchant some time to answer your inquiry. If you don't receive an update by Friday, please let us know.
Partial.ly Support
support@partial.ly
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:01 PM   #48
Blue Sphinx
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post
Got this from their FB page:

Sent a message to Partial.ly, here is their response:
Partial.ly Support (Partial.ly)
Sep 28, 2020, 1:03 PM EDT
Hello M***,
We have been contacted by the merchant. Your plan was canceled to stop further payment as they determine which plans they can fulfill and which plans they will refund.
Please directly contact the merchant for more info about either receiving your order or obtaining a refund. Their contact info is:
contact@chroniclecollectibles.zendesk.com
972-600-8199
Office Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday, US Central Standard Time
Please allow the merchant some time to answer your inquiry. If you don't receive an update by Friday, please let us know.
Partial.ly Support
support@partial.ly
Judging from the fire sale on ebay I'm guessing they will be refunding rather than honoring everything from here on out. Some things that were sitting at the factory ready to go might make it to distribution, but that's it.
Even if they still have hopes of honoring *some* orders but not others... i just don't know how you come back from this. Would anybody want to buy from them at this point?
Blue Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:13 PM   #49
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

That's not a "fire sale". That ebay page is Paul's selling some of his personal stuff. Nothing to do with what's happening here.

Better if we stop making hoaxes that won't help to solve this situation.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:23 PM   #50
Blue Sphinx
Fantastic Four

Paul hasn't been at CC in over a year. Not sure why he would be selling personal items using Chronicle's ebay account.
Blue Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote